Chapter 31

Haunted Fate

Taemin found himself making pancakes around 4 am with a wolf and a book turned into a human in his kitchen. He cooked in a silence in which the wolf was lying on the ground and Ignis was looking out the window.

"Ignis, he will not come back, he thinks I have nothing to do with Nikolai, so stop watching the window." Taemin was trying to reassure him again.

Ignis seemed still not convinced. Taemin turned off his gas and took the plate of pancakes. "Follow me, take a seat at the table."

The wolf followed them silently, always near Taemin. When Ignis was seated, Taemin put a dish in front of him filled with pancakes.

"You never eat this right ?" Ignis's expression at the pancakes answered for him. Taemin chuckled, "Taste it, I assure you it's good, unless ... books like you can't eat?" did he do something wrong?

Ignis seemed to think as he looked at the table and then took the fork in his hand. He cut a piece with only this utensil and put it in his mouth. Taemin watched him chew with apprehension.

"Its good ?"

Ignis raised an inquisitive eyebrow.

"Ahh you don't have something else to compare, true.I'm proud to give you your first meal."

Ignis followed him with his eyes, watching him place other dishes.

"I think Fate is going to come down the stairs so I did a little more pancakes than usual and .." Taemin bit his lip "Ignis, you don't have to become a book again." Ignis stopped chewing, "Stay human, I'm sure Nikolai will have nothing to say about it."

Silence. Ignis swallowed and posed his ustensil at the table slowly.

"Listen, if you don't want Nikolai to know you have a conscience, you can hide it from him, I guess you have good reason to hide it and I respect it."

At that moment a huge noise from the stairs made Taemin jump.

"What was that ?" he asked with a beating heart. The wolf began to growl while Ignis rushed from where the noise was coming.

When Taemin went to see too, he was surprised to see Nikolai sitting on Fate, in front of the stairs. Fate's head went throught the wall.

"What happened !" Taemin choked.

Ignis picked up a confused Nikolai wearing a white bathrobe with hearts "I got tangled up and Sungjong tried to catch me and we fell, I don't think I'm well awake."

"No kidding." Taemin mumbled, he looked at Sunjong who didn't move "uh ... and he's okay?"

Nikolai looked at him "He must have a bruise, he will heal in the space of a few minutes, he is immortal."

"Ah .." Taemin squatted beside him "Fate ?"

"Hm .."

"Are you alright ? if you eat something will you be back on your feet faster ?"

He mumbled something that Taemin didn't hear, he came closer "Sorry?"

"The vaulted sofa is in Kentucky."

Taemin looked at Nikolai worried.

"He doesn't know what he's saying, he got a contusion. Ignis help Taemin take Fate to the table, I'm going to sit down..i'm too tired.And you will tell me why you're all up at this hour...and why the Alpha is in his wolf shape eating pancakes what the ... ATCHIA!' he sneezed at the end of the sentence.

ᚪᛤᛄᛩᛊ

"And i saved him!" said Fate while eating his pancakes brandishing his fork "when I saw Nikolai stumble, I immediately plunged down the stairs and took the impact in his place.He could have been hurt or worse! think about the baby huh!"

Silence.

"Amazing Fate you did a good job, you saved two lives today ... not even a thank you .." muttered Fate grumbling, cutting his pancakes so hard he scraped the dish.

"What a life in danger are you talking aout, you and I are immortal." Nikolai recalled boredly as Taemin cut out a pancake for the wolf.

"Is it really the Alpha?" asked Taemin dubiously watching the wolf shake his tail.

"Yes." Nikolai answered, wiping his runny nose.

"And the baby, maybe he's not immortal!" pleaded Fate.

"His father is the King Fae and I am the first sorcerer created, how could he not be immortal ?!"

"That ... that's the Alpha?" Taemin asked again when the wolf his fingers.

"I told you yes !" Nikolai repeated.

"All the same, my contusion is really bad, it's been ten minutes and I'm still not completely cured, I'm still saying bull, the shoes near the bridge waltzed in the clearing, there you see ! a thank you would not be too much . "

"Thank you." Nikolai snarled.

"Thanks WHO..?"

"But are you sure it's the Alpha?" Taemin asked again.

Nikolai turned to him "I told you that ye..uh."

They watched the wolf urinate on Taemin's leg.