Bathtime is Dangerous

Infinite Daddies

 

Quickie time!

I know, "Her First" was supposed to be next, but this popped into my head at work. Sorry. 

 

++++++++++

 

 

"Agh..." Gyu sighed as he bathed his 4-year-old daughter one night. Wondering why oh why she'd just had to join Spiri in rolling around in their flowerbed that afternoon... "You're just going to keep finding new ways to get dirtier and dirtier, aren't you?"

Infi giggled before things settled back down into near silence. Pushing her tiny pink boat through and around the soapy bubbles as Gyu washed her hair. 

When suddenly, she remembered something and decided to drop the bombshell on Appa right then and there. No warning, no build-up, no…anything. Just casually remarking that "Mommy says, the aliens are ready to take me back now.”

“…” Gyu stared at the wall, fighting the urge to frown. As he, for the umpteenth millionth time, begged a higher power to know why his daughter had to say this . While trying to make sense of it on his own mind. Why now? Why here? And what?

As Infi quietly read his displeased facial expression before adding, "But don't worry Appa, I told them that I'm not ready yet," if that comforted him at all. 

 

Two minutes later.

 

Gyu came out of the bathroom and walked up to Woohyun. Using his index finger to shut his husband's laptop before informing him that, "We ed up the schedule. It's your night to bathe the terrorist."

"Uwa?" Woohyun stared up from his now-closed laptop in confusion, "...But I could have sworn it was your turn..?"

"No, it's not." Gyu didn't even look him in the eyes, as he then turned around and walked straight into their bedroom, "Now clean your child."

 

One minute later.

 

Woohyun softly pinched Infi's cheek, "Omo, what did you do to Appa this time~? I know it's not my turn, you little snuggle-doodle~?"

Infi giggled, happily splashing her daddy with soapy water in return, "I told him that Mommy and her alien buddies like him!"

"Omo?" Woohyun chuckled, instantly playing along with his daughter's wild imagination as usual, "Uwa, even aliens like Appa!? Really? Wow~ Appa's so popular~. What about Daddy? Do the aliens like Daddy too?"

Infi pouted, "No..not really. Mommy says you're annoying... But, that's ok, because I like Daddy better than Appa. Shhh it's a secret."

Woohyun snorted, "Shh, I know~. Hehe"

 

Alas... after Infi was all cleaned up and in her Winnie The Pooh pajamas, Woohyun turned to Gyu, "Hyung..?"

"..." Gyu didn't reply.

"...Hyung...who do you think--?"

"She's sleeping with us tonight."

Woohyun's smile broke out before he could even register the fact, "Uwa! Really!?"

When Gyu snapped at him, "What do you mean, really!? She's been abducted by aliens!"

"Pfft-hahahaha!" Woohyun laughed his off, "Oh come on, Hyung, she hasn't been abducted by aliens. It's just another one of Infi's stories. Chill."

"Oh really?" Gyu flashbacked to the incident before he left to trade places with his husband, "Then why the did she tell me that her mother was wearing a blue dress on the night she was last abducted?" The one that she'd been wearing the night that the police had found her deceased body, "And, that the aliens disguised her as a puppy so that some idiot would take her home and raise her until she was old enough to amass a legion of unicorn-riding, bazooka-firing, grey lemur-monsters!"

"...Yoo...Yoogeun?" he guessed, "Maybe..?"

"Ya..." Gyu scoffed, "We've never even shown Infi the photo of her birth mother," the only photo that the police had given them. Yet Infi'd described her perfectly. 

But, still, since Woohyun hadn't heard it with his own two ears he wasn't so obliged as to believe his lover. Still leaning towards her fancy imagination and coincidence, "So, Infi's an alien...?"

"...."

"Welp, that explains a lot!" Woohyun laughed. "Aish, relax, Hyung. I'm sure you're just overreacting as usual. But squee~ you already said that she's sleeping with us tonight and you can't take it back!" And before Gyu could stop him, Woohyun'd already scooped up little Infi into their bedroom, "Sleepover!!"

 

Ten minutes later.

Infi mumbled as she slowly fell asleep in between her parents, "Oh...I forgot... Mommy says thank you...Mmhng, and Yoogeun says buy more cheese..."

Twenty-five seconds later, "Oh no... now Spiri needs a new bowl..."

 

The next morning, Spiri's food dish was missing.

 

 

++++++++++

 

:P Uh oh. 

No tears. Really, this was meant to be light-hearted. But it looks like Infi's got a few extraterrestrial friends now. Haha. And I'm tempted to turn Yeol into a translator. 

Also, for anyone who hasn't read, "Infi, The Infinite Infant" yet, they first found her crawling around in a puppy onesie.