Haircuts

Infinite Daddies

 

 

 

"Daddy, your hair's long like a mommy's," Ubi giggled - after Dongwoo'd picked her up and hugged her one morning.

"Mmmnnnmmm~ noom noom noom! Omo?" Dongwoo chuckled, "Is it~?"

"Ne!" she smiled as she ran her little fingers through his shoulder-length hair, "Soft too."

"Hahahaha. Ye~ Daddy's been growing his hair out recently. Do you like it~?"

"Ne!" Ubi cheered, "I like it!"

"Uwa~ thank you, Sweetie~," he replied before giving her a kiss on the cheek, "Mwah."

"Agh? On that note, Hyung," Hoya interrupted, as he walked over to inspect their daughter's own tiny head of hair, "Isn't Ubi's hair getting a bit too long?"

When, "Nooo~~~" Ubi instantly whined while wrapping her surprisingly strong arms tightly around Daddy's throat. Wiggling away from Appa.

"Gyahk!? Hahahahaha," Dongwoo struggled to laugh while rubbing his hand up and down her back to soothe her. Reminding Hoya, "Ne~, but Hoaegi, don't you remember the last time we took Ubi to the salon?"

"Agh..ne," Hoya nervously coughed. While pouting over Ubi's firm objection to him her hair by tucking her head deeper into Dongwoo's shoulder, "Mmhmm, no." And, of course, he remembered. Ubi'd lost her damn mind. Until the hairstylist allowed her to latch onto her safety buddy - Nicki - for security. What a sight, getting your hair cut while all stretched out koala-like on a Pitbull's back. 

And this whole ordeal had happened after Yadong's lengthy debate over whether or not to just allow Nicki's dog groomer to do it... Obviously not, though. Who'd let a dog groomer cut an infant's hair? ...Dongwoo. But, no. No. Hoya'd vetoed that stupid idea! 

Alas, Hoya sighed, "Then do we cut it ourselves, Hyung, or let her turn into Rapunzel?"

"Hmm~" Dongwoo hummed, as he attempted to pry Ubi off of himself to ask for permission. "Ubi, what do you say? Can Daddy cut your hair?" Even if, the best he could do was a messy uneven trim...

But the idea still didn't sound too appealing to her, "..No.." She liked her long hair, and how Daddy always tied it up into pigtails and/or braided it for her.

"No?" Hoya asked to re-affirm her response, "What if Appa gives you a new stuffed animal?"

Ubi pouted in consideration but, "No..."

"Agh," he groaned, "Candy?"

"..No.." this time she'd turned away from temptation and grumpily stared at the wall behind Dongwoo's shoulder. As if looking away meant that she couldn't hear Appa either.

"Really?" Hoya gasped, before exchanging knowing looks with Dongwoo. "Hyung..?"

"Ne? Aigoo~" Dongwoo bounced up and down a few times before taking his own shot at it, "Agh! What about if Daddy and Appa let you sleep in Nicki's bed for one night?"

"Huh?" Ubi turned back around, her interest peaked, "In Nicki's bed?" On the plush circular comforter laying on the cold hard floor. Instead of having Nicki jump into her crib with her.

Note to self, Dongwoo mentally reminded himself to continue the 'Convince Ubi to Switch to a Bed' conversation later that night.

"Agh, I like it!" Hoya immediate jumped onboard, "Ne! We'll let you sleep in Nicki's comfy dog bed all night. Ok?"

"...Mmmm...maybe." She still wasn't too sure. Their offer was very tempting though. 

"Maybe~?" Dongwoo playfully inquired as he gently nuzzled her nose with his to make her giggle. To encourage her to say yes.

"Heehee, ok," she finally relented. Though she'd still whine over it later on.

 

**********

 

Around noon Hoya'd run into Woohyun in the middle living room, so he thought he'd ask. "Hyung, remember the first time that we ever took Infi to the salon?"

"Oh my God, yes!?" Woohyun shouted with glee. His eyes instantly beaming with joy as he started laughing. 

"Ha," Hoya snickered too while joining in on reminiscing over the event "Uwaa~ that was such an ordeal." 

"Yes, it was!" Woohyun shook his head in exhilaration like a crazy person - recalling how exhausting that day was, "We'd all run out of steam! Passed out on the floor singing the wheels on the bus go round and round. Round and round. Round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round all through the town. On repeat! So that she wouldn't scream bloody murder again!" 

A merry little children's song, truly. However, after two straight hours, it sounded more like a funeral march sang by a choir of zombies.

"Oh my God, yes!" Hoya held his head in amusement, "And Sunggyu Hyung wasn't having any of it!"

"Ne, but Infi kept giving him her Stanky Face so he had to sing along!" 

"Yeah," Hoya energetically pointed at his hyung, "Uwa! But remember Yeol too!? Leaping around like a frog and shimmying his chest, all like Tarzan during the whole fiasco too!?"

"Yes!" Woohyun fell backward laughing.

"Why did he do that again!?"

"Because the stylist told him to distract her!"

"Kyaahaaha!"

"And, he's Yeol!" Woohyun casually noted.

"Of course!" Hoya agreed, "Who else would do that on a whim?" They both agreed as they toppled over, laughing their asses off.  

"Anyways," Hoya struggled to breathe as he recomposed himself a moment later, "I've been meaning to ask you--pfft haha!"

"Haha, what?" 

"Ne," this time Hoya controlled himself, "Agh. Ne. Ubi's still struggling with getting her hair cut. Do you have any tips? I've noticed that Infi's hair hasn't been getting too long recently."

"Oh, that?" Woohyun smiled, "It's still a disaster."

"What? Really?" Hoya was shocked, "Then how--?"

"Ne," Woohyun smirked, "That's why I started t it in her sleep."

"Uwa?" Hoya gasped. Slowly nodding his head in astonishment, "You do it while she's sleeping?"  

"Ne~ and she's none-the-wiser~."

"Hyung, you're a genius.."

Notably, Infi'd recently started wearing hoodies and beanies to sleep. Under the misconception that some troll had been sneaking into her bedroom and gradually stealing her magical locks. ..But Woohyun'd just slip the beanie back on whenever he was done. Of course, Yoogeun wouldn't say anything.

 

**********

 

Elsewhere, Dongwoo had the same idea as Hoya.

Ask a friend for advice.

"Myungsoo, have you taken Myungki to the hair salon yet?"

"No, why?" Myungsoo replied.

"Oh? Nevermind then," Dongwoo scratched his head as he opted to walk towards Woogyu's apartment instead.

But Myungsoo grabbed his arm, with a concerned look on his face, "Don't go, what is it, Hyung?"

"Agh," Dongwoo tilted his head and grimaced, "Well, honestly, Hoya and I are still having trouble calming Ubi down..so I wanted to ask if you had any ideas. But, if you haven't taken him yet then...?"

"Oh," Myungsoo chuckled light-heartedly, "Nope~." He'd thought that it was something serious.

"I see," Dongwoo sighed, "oh well.." ready to leave again.

"But we have cut it before."

"Omo, you did? How and where?" 

"Ne," his dongsaeng bragged, "Right at home, Hyung. Yeol and I cut it all of the time. Myungki loves it!"

"What!? You do!? By yourself!? How!? Tell me how!" Dongwoo stumbled in disbelief. And how was Myungyeol's baby better at getting haircuts than both Infi and Ubi? "He loves it!?"

"Ne, it's easy, Hyung" Myungsoo radiated aegyo as he pulled Dongwoo towards the bathroom. Where he held up Sungyeol's triple-headed electric shaver, "With this! Myungki loves the vibrations as it swirls around on his head Kyahahaha!"

*blink blink*

"...So that explains the bald baby incident..." Dongwoo whispered to himself. Suddenly recalling that one fateful afternoon when all of Myungki's hair had mysteriously vanished. ...Yeah, Dongwoo'd just figured that Yeol'd done something weird that day to his baby, until now. Again. Or, wait...this is weird. This is weird.

"I...Ne...I don't think.."

"Well, no," Myungsoo shrugged, "I wouldn't take an electric shaver to Ubi's head either, but it works for Myungki. Some days we run it around on his head just to make him laugh. But I'd never use it on one of the girls."

"Ne," Dongwoo chuckled, "It is a good idea though."

 

 

 

++++++++++

 

Note: It's one of those razors that can cut stubble, but wouldn't even puncture a balloon.

Also, Infi's haircut was filmed during their TV show, so she was about 8-months-old.