Learning The Alphabet

Infinite Daddies

 

 

 

Scene: Sungjong's apartment living room, set up like a children's' classroom. As he sang along to a song about the English alphabet over and over again. 

 

"A B C D F E..." Ubi tried her best.

"No, Honey, think of it like a song and follow the rhythm," Jong corrected her as he started singing again.

"Mmhhhmm~" Ubi whined, "Don't like!"

"Aww, but Ubi, but you're so smart. Let's just try a little longer, ok?" Jongie encouraged before he made her sing with him again. 

Meanwhile, in the main living room, the others gathered. Impatiently waiting for Sungjong's Learning Hour to end, so that they could retrieve (save) their daughters. 

"Isn't the music too loud?" Dongwoo complained, "Sungjong always plays the music too loud. It's harmful to their little ears."

"Yeah, and why are they learning the English alphabet?" Woohyun added, "Shouldn't they learn the Korean alphabet first?"

"I know.." Gyu finally intervened, "but we promised Jongie that if he was this hell-bent on teaching the girls then we'd let him."

"But, Hyung," Yeol jumped in, "This is even too much for me to bare! And I'm Sungyeol!" making a point to specify himself because he's known to take things too far. 

"Aish.." Gyu hung his head in agreement, "Myungsoo, go spy on them."

"Huh? Oh! Yes, sir!" Myungsoo jumped up from his seat to go observe them. 

"A B C D E F G H...I..I.." Ubi stuttered, unsure what came next. Honestly about to cry yet again. Why was this so hard?

Jong sighed, "That's alright Ubi, listen to the song a few more times. I'll go check on Infi."

"Infi, it's your turn now, sing with Uncle Jongie~" he instructed her. 

But Infi refused to say anything as he started singing. 

"Infi~ Why aren't you singing?"

"I don't want to," she told him. As she got up out of her chair and walked off.

"Hey, Infi, you know that you're not supposed to do that."

"No."

"No?"

"No," Infi shook her head as she picked up a teddy bear to play with. 

Just then Jongie saw Myungsoo's head peeking in, "Jongie?" 

"What do you want?" Jong asked him.

"Sunggyu hyung sent me. Is everything ok?"

"Ne, it's fine. Infi's just being a little fussy right now, but it's ok."

"No," Infi rudely corrected him.

"What? No?" Jong stared at her in shock. 

"Omo," Myungsoo moved to sit down next to her to learn more, but Jongie cut him off. Pretending that nothing was out of sorts.

"Ne, Infi" Jongie insisted, "let's sing together one last time, ok?"

This time she exchanged glances with Myungsoo before obliging him, "A B C D E F G H I 8 U~."

"You sassy little--" Myungsoo gasped, as he debated informing Jong what she'd just said. "Wait a second?" Do 4-year-olds usually know how to substitute the number 8 with the word hate? "...Maybe Infi is a genius...?"

"What?" Sungjong asked. He hadn't been paying attention to his hyung. He was too busy explaining that "ate" as in "eating" was an action, not a letter.

"Nothing," this had to be kept a secret. 

Infi didn't say anything either, she just looked up at Myungsoo with those big eyes of her. 

Otherwise, Ubi'd snuck out of her own seat as well, and squeezed through the small gap that Myungsoo'd left when he'd opened the door moments earlier, "Free~. A--A..V C D E F G H N K Z...I don't know..."

 

 

++++++++++

 

"ABCDEFGH, I hate you so much~"

Ok definitely not my best, but I'm still coming down from getting my wisdom teeth pulled so yeah. haha