The Day We Met

Infinite Daddies

 

 

 

 

"I still don't understand why we have to ask permission," Dongwoo complained.

Likewise, Woohyun whined, "Honestly, how does one get permission from a 2-year-old?" 

"Aish," Gyu griped out loud from across the room, "You don't! You just do it!"

"But, Hyung!" Myungsoo demanded, "How will that make Infi feel!? She'll feel like they're replacing her!"

"No, she won't!" Gyu shouted back, "She won't even feel a thing! She'll just be like, Ooo~ a new crying noise-maker that screams all day, just like me. Then turn around and stuff playdough up her nose!"

Myungsoo glared at him.

But Gyu persisted, "You have to trust me on this! I know my daughter! Dongwoo and Hoya adopting their own baby won't even phase her. She'll just think that she's some new puppy crawling around."

"Err," then Jong entered the argument. The Baby Intelligence Expert, "Hyung, Infi's old enough to understand that another baby is stealing attention away from her. She'll get jealous, so it's important for us to ask for her permission. It's for her emotional health. And if we ask, she's more likely to get along with the new baby."

"What permission?" Gyu scoffed, "She gives me permission to eat her snacks, then smacks my hands away. She's the truest definition of fickle. Even if you get it, she'll just change her mind five minutes later."

 

**********

 

Regardless, the boys introduced Ubi to Infi the day that the adoption was finalized. 

"Infi baby, meet your cousin, Ubi," Woohyun carefully pushed a very shy Ubi towards her.

"..Ubi?" Infi stared her up and down curiously for a couple seconds, before smiling, "Mine!" as she gladly hugged the new child. 

It shocked everyone. "Omo!" Dongwoo cheered, "Yes, Infi, Mine! She's your new cousin. She'll be living with us from now on, ok," elated that things were going well.

To which Infi squealed "Mine!" again. Refusing to let the other child go. Infi always did love making new friends. ..Whether that friend liked it or not. 

She was so happy, as she squeezed the air out of Ubi's lungs. She could tell that Ubi was a little younger than her too.

Really, it was as if her daddy's had given her her own baby to take care of, so she instantly took to babying Ubi. Like how they all babied Infi. Sitting her down and hand feeding her goldfish crackers as she Ubi's hair, "My baby~"

And, yes, Infi had seen other babies before, but this was her baby so she had to do a full inspection: lifting Ubi's arms, checking inside , poking her nose etc.

Ubi was terrified. It was all too much. So sudden. "Who are you? What are you doing to me?" she wanted to ask but was too afraid. 

In the end, it wasn't Infi that they had to worry about. It was Ubi...who was crying her eyes out because Infi was too interested in her.

"Omo Omo!" but Infi didn't know what to do when Ubi started crying, as she frantically looked around at everyone begging for help. 

"Oh my god," Hoya laughed. "Infi, you have to give her some space, ok?" he told her as he lifted Ubi up into his lap to soothe her.

"..But..?" Infi pouted.

"Ne," Gyu intervened, "That's right, Infi. You have to play gently with her until she gets used to living with us, ok? She's not a puppy."

Infi slowly nodded, only partially understanding as she crawled on top of Hoya's lap too. Kissing Ubi's cheek as an apology.

"Omo," Myungsoo snapped a photo, "Yes, like that, Baby. Be gentle. She'll play with you later."

"..Ok..." Infi frowned when Ubi didn't stop crying. Really, she wanted to join her as she ran over to cry in Woohyun's arms. 

"Aww.." Woohyun caught her and hoisted her up, "Don't cry, Baby. You two will be best friends, Daddy promises. Pinky promise~"

But Infi only scowled at him before shoving her tears stained face into his shoulder.

 

**********

 

It took a few days, but the two eventually started to get along.

Infi realized that Ubi was just shy. And, Ubi realized that Infi was just overzealous like Woohyun - who had to be constantly reassured that everyone loves him. 

Ubi forgave Infi for being loud and unrestrained, while Infi forgave Ubi for always running away and hiding when things got too hectic.

 

 

++++++++++

 

Did you see Woohyun on Mask King!!??

He went up against the king! XD XD