Twinkies

Infinite Daddies

 

Note: Man, my ADD is out of control these last few days. @.@

Anyway~ even though it's all over the place (and unpolished), it's still got some gold in it. Haha, so just enjoy. 

Because if I don't just let it go now, I may never. > <

 

 

The Promise of Twinkies

 

For the promise of eating those mouthwatering morsels for the first time in her life, Infi must survive multiple rounds of torture within the challenge dome formally known as the outlet mall. All for the twinkies.

 

Gyu at the entrance of the large shopping district: "Alright now, Infi. Do you remember our deal?"

Infi: Standing at attention like an itty bitty soldier, her long hair in pigtails, "Yes, sir!"  

Gyu: Sternly, "And what is our deal?"

Infi: "To behave. Because if I behave, Appa will give me my very first twinkie!" Now bouncing up and down on her little tippytoes with excitement. 

Gyu: "That's right. So what are you going to do today?"

Infi: "Behave!"

Gyu: "Good~."

Woohyun: Now kneeling down next to her, "And you promise that you can do that? Right?"

Infi: "I promise." Pinky swears on it.

 

**

 

Beside them, Hoya just shrugged his shoulders at their inevitable lost-cause before staring down at his "preferred ankle weight for indoor leg workouts." Also known as Ubi. Her tiny arms and legs wrapped tightly around his right calf like a koala - while on the verge of having another anxiety attack (since Nicki was left all alone back at home). Before he gave Dongwoo an eh-what-the-heck smirk that suggested that maybe she wanted a twinkie too.

Dongwoo: Immediately taking the hint as he reached down to pet their daughter on the head, "Hey, Ubi, would you like a twinkie too?"

Ubi: Softly loosens her grip around Appa's leg as she looked up hopefully - after Infi'd already raved about them for at least an hour. Curiosity winning, "Please?"

Dongwoo: "Deal. But in return, you need to be a brave little girl for Daddy. Just until we get back home. Ok?"

Ubi: "Umm..."

Hoya: "But, only just a little. Not very brave. Like, walking on your own two feet in big crowds so that Appa doesn't have to limp everywhere."

Dongwoo: Smiles, "Right. You can hold Daddy's hand instead."

Ubi: "Hmmmm...Deal."

Hoya: "Woohoo!"

Gyu: Snorting as he overheard Yadong's negotiation, "Ya. So, Soo, what's next? Does Myungki get a twinkie too? Haha."

Yeol: "WHAT!? Are you implying that my Monkey can't eat twinkies!?"

Soo: Immediately shoves Myungki's diaper bag right into Yeol's chest for even considering giving their infant son that much sugar. Before walking into the mall ahead of everyone else while holding his precious sugar-less bundle of joy. Safely away from his deviant appa. 

 

The results: 

 

1st Store: Children's Clothing Store

Infi: A sweet docile child. Full of smiles as she easily follows her parents' instructions - to try on the outfits that they asked her to. Even though she really really wants to just take off into the pet store across the walkway and buy a gerbil. Tiny animated hearts popping out of her head with squishy gerbils running around them as she jitters up and down. But why gerbils? Just the flavor of the week. Honestly...

Ubi: Purposefully kept distracted with Daddy's squeaky dog toy. While acting as his personal shopper so that she wouldn't even see/hear the puppies nearby. 

Meanwhile.

Soo: Has already negotiated a price to buy all of the baby-sized hats and black/plaid t-shirts in the whole store. Because you never know when you'll need an extra. Or five extras of the exact same outfit... Plus, Myungki's a fast-growing boy, he needs every single size available to him.

Yeol: Surprises Soo by adding a handful of dresses to the counter right as he's checking out.

Soo: Looks at him questionably.

Yeol: "Hey, we don't know. Who am I to assume my son's gender?"

Soo: Picks the dresses up in defiance, like he's about to shove them back at Yeol, "..." Only to, instead, hand them over to the cashier directly, "These too please."

Myungyeol: Says, "yes" to transgender rights.

 

 

2nd Store: The Shoe Store

Infi: Still a good girl. Trying on her new sneakers that make dinosaur noises whenever she stomps down on the floor.

Gyu: Alas, sweatdropping, "We're going to regret this."

Infi: Now rampaging all around the display case like Godzilla. Shouting, "Rawr, raaaawr! I'm destroying everything tonight! Run for your lives tiny people~!"

Woohyun: "I'm already regretting this. But, Hyung, isn't she cute?"

Gyu: Sighs.

Meanwhile

Ubi: Has likewise discovered the existence of fairy-princess sandals (complete with butterfly wings). Fully mesmerized as she stares down at her feet, "I will cherish them always.." Like the good little non-catastrophic child she is.

Behind her

Monkey: Socks on arms. Shoe in his mouth. 

Yeol: Shoe in his mouth.

Soo: "..." Slowly placing a sock into his mouth. Questionably, in solidarity.

Woohyun: Notices them, and reaches for a pair of crocks in silent unity as well. While none of the workers have yet to notice still.

Hoya: Judging them so hard. 

Dongwoo: One-ups them by sitting down and trying to place his own damn foot in his mouth.

Gyu: Just now realizing, "Gah--? What the--? Ya, would everyone quit--! No! No, if you put that in your mouth you're buying it!!"

Infi: Takes that as a challenge and silently pulls the strap of a child-sized purse (hanging off a rack) into . 

Gyu: "...What did I say about behaving..?"

Infi: Spits it out.

Jong: "I knew this would happen."

Hoya: "Knew what would happen?"

Jong: "This."

Yeol: Chokes on the expensive Fendi sneaker. 

Hoya: "Oh...that..."

Gyu: Now facepalming as he heads over to the cashier (with Infi's new purse, might I add) in hand.

 

3rd Store: Hair Salon

The real challenge.

Gyu: "Alright, Infi. You have your new cool shoes and I'll even give you a twinkie if you can sit still for 10 minutes. Can you do it?"

Infi: "I can do it!"

Gyu: Totally not convinced as he narrows his eyes at her. Nevertheless conceding for the better good. 

Infi: Yet, not even four minutes later, already pushing her luck again by repeatedly kicking her dinosaur sneakers against the highchair as the stylist cuts her hair. Filling the entire salon with shrieks and roars.

Woohyun: "..We did this in the wrong order."

Gyu: Sarcastically responding, "You think...?"

Meanwhile.

Ubi: Absentmindedly singing to keep herself in her own little safe/happy place to de-stress while getting her own hair cut. Using her newly acquired awesome rhyming skills - accompanying Infi's dinosaur instrumental. 

"Twinkie, twinkie, in my binky,

How I don't know,

Why so stinky?"

Dongwoo: Quietly laughing while filming the whole way through. 

On the other side.

Soo: Is manipulatively flirting with one of the owners into letting him try all the wigs on Monkey.  

Yeol: Side-eyeing-ly approves of this inquiry into exploring Myungki's preferences. Plus, this was a great photo opportunity. All the while secretly wanting to punch the guy on the face for flirting right back and trying to seduce HIS Myungsoo.

Meanwhile.

Jong: Ignoring them all while simultaneously getting both his hair and nails done. All pampered while not bothered in the least.

 

 

4th Store: Bed Bath and Beyond

 

Yeol: "To infinity and beyond!"

Hoya: "Beyond is exactly where you'll be if you don't sit your down." Especially after nearly beating up the salon owner simply for giving Soo a piece of candy. Along with a few free haircare samples. 

Gyu: "...Yes, please go there and don't return."

Dongwoo: Farts. 

Gyu: "On second thought," pointing to Dongwoo, "Out. Take him with you."

Dongwoo: "Ya? What did I do!?"

Ubi: "A yucky."

Hoya: Snickers.

Otherwise

Infi: Is now a quiet, yet irked child since Gyu'd reneged on his promise to give her the twinkie right after her new haircut. Currently shoving a pillow in her face to muffle her impatient screams. Before venturing off to the land of outdoor patio sets without anyone noticing.

Similarly.

Ubi: Has now gotten lost in the massive maze of hanging curtains and tapestries. She lives there now.

And..?

Soo: I mean..where else would he be? Buying a new baby monitor, of course. Not for Monkey. To keep better tabs on Yeol!

Meanwhile.

Jong: Has mysteriously transformed into the manager after a minor dispute over soap dishes. 

Woohyun: Shudders, "His Karen powers are too strong..." 
 

 

The Food Court

Infi: Ominously eating her enormous soft pretzel as Woohyun teases her by cooing, "nomu nomu nomu," because her angry face is so damn cute. ..Alas, it's no substitute for a twinkie...

Gyu: Snickering, "Well if you would have behaved properly before, then you would have your twinkie."

Woohyun: Nevertheless, "But, Hyung, aren't you asking too much of a 4-year-old..?"

Gyu: "Absolutely not. She's a young lady now."

Woohyun: Sweatdrops as he whines along with her, "Yeah...I'm not so sure about that..." Shortly after noticing her begin to wiggle about in her signature, I need to go potty, dance.

Meanwhile.

Ubi: Asleep in Dongwoo's arms, after being found underneath a pile of pillows after passing out under stress.

Monkey: Burps.

 

 

5th Store: Fancy Electronics Store

Where the terror begins.

Infi: Eye-twitching-child. Pulling out all of the chords from every electric socket that she could find and running away before she got caught.

Woohyun: Too entranced by a new massaging chair on sale to even notice.

Gyu: Discussing the logistics of new-age food blenders/choppers with Soo.

Ubi: Slightly-cranky-from-waking-up-in-an-unrecognizable-place-child. Winning herself a secret twinkie over Dongwoo's shoulder for her hard day's work. While Infi's not paying attention, of course. 

Hoya: Quietly giggling as he watched her eyes light up, "Aigoo~~. Is it tasty?"

Ubi: "Uhum," nodding her head.

Hoya: "Aigoo~, Hyung, she likes it~."

Dongwoo: Beaming with pride.

Meanwhile.

Yeol: Sees Yadong and decides to secretly dip into the twinkie reserve as well. One-handedly ripping the wrapper open with his right hand. While holding Monkey in his left arm.

Monkey: Instantly notices.

Yeol: Pops his contraband into his mouth while discretely facing a wall. Leaving it half sticking out of his mouth as he readjusted Monkey in his arms.

When.

Monkey: No hesitation whatsoever, smacks both of his chubby little hands onto Yeol's cheeks. Tilting his appa's face towards him. Holding it in place as he then inhales the twinkie straight out of Yeol's mouth. Successfully confiscating and wolfing it down in one go. 

Yeol: "Did you just inhale that!?"

Monkey: "Goo goo."

Soo: Yet to notice, "What was that?"

Yeol: "Nothing!"

Monkey: giggling, "A-bo-bo-bo-woooom."

Yeol: "A-bo-bo-bo-woooom? Yeah, you go vroom alright?" Still in disbelief.

 

 

6th Store:

Infi: Now overflowing with unresolved-tension after receiving another stern talking to after being found out. Leading into negotiations, "Ok, but now you owe me two twinkies."

Gyu: "No, I owe you one. And that's if you behave on my terms for the rest of the day. I don't negotiate with terrorists, young lady."

Woohyun: "Hyung...just give her two..."

Gyu: "Absolutely not."

Woohyun: "Please~."

Meanwhile.

Jong: Live-streaming the whole incident with Inspirits on Instagram, "Yes or no, does Infi deserve her precious twinkie? Or is Gyu Hyung being too much of an today?"

Gyu: Snapping at him, "Ya!? Those are both the same thing!! And turn that off right now!"

Jong: "But hyung, you're being too cruel. Just look at her, she's defeated~. And see! See, even Inspirits are mad at you!" Showing him the chat feed.

Gyu: Now cringing, "Yeah well...Well, they don't have to live with her! And, she's my daughter and I make the rules!"

Woohyun: "Yeah, it's true, Hyung makes the rules." Regretfully...

Otherwise.

Ubi: Back to her koala lifestyle. Hugging Daddy Dongwoo tightly. 

 

 

7th Store:

Infi: "Can I please have my twinkies now?"

Guy: "I said that I don't negotiate with terrorists." Even more pissed off after he'd learned that she'd also poured some stranger's coffee onto one of the many electrical outlets that she'd jerked out during her temper-tantrums.

Woohyun: Alas, pouting alongside her since he feels her pain, "Please~. What about me? Can I have a twinkie?"

Gyu: "Do you both think I'm stupid?"

Woohyun: "No.."

Gyu: "Woohyun, she temporarily caused a blackout of the entire mall." 

Woohyun: "Yeah, well, who's fault is--?

Gyu: "Don't you do it. Don't you dare blame me for this."

Woohyun: "I wasn't. I wasn't blaming anyone--."

Gyu: Glaring as he now gave him the silent treatment and straight-up walked off.

Woohyun: ..Mumbling, "Tch..all you have to do is give her a twinkie..." under his breath.

Meanwhile.

Ubi: Has now decided that she's totally done with today as she literally drags along the floor. Not even trying to fully latch onto Appa's leg. Because that's her only form of motion anymore. 

Hoya: Looking down at her, "Yeah, I feel you, honey. I think it's time to go home too."

Dongwoo: Nodding his head while carrying nearly 14 bags in his arms. 

Regardless, they had one last store to hit, at least.

Otherwise.

Monkey: Dreaming of more twinkies in his stroller. After going on a serious sugar rush not 30 minutes earlier - shouting and pumping his little limbs about all crazy-like, as if he was dancing at a rave. While making the most serious/confident face that Soo'd ever seen him make before. 

*Flashback*

Dongwoo: gawking, "...He means business..."

Soo: Instantly grabbing Yeol by his shirt collar, "Alright, what did you do!?"

 

8th Store:

Infi: Stomping her feet down at every opportunity she has, until Gyu confiscated her new shoes. And growing ever more aggravated with every failed attempt to steal her twinkies from his purse. Now that he'd vowed to never give them to her "no-matter-what" after her last outburst. 

Gyu: Steadfast with his unrelenting parenting style - refusing to reward bad behavior.

Likewise.

Woohyun: Sighing as he, too, has inevitably had it with her. "Ya...Infi, didn't we teach you respect..?"

Infi: Gasps. 

Woohyun: "What? What?"

Infi: Feels the betrayal immensely in her little aching heart. Like the drama queen, she is, "How dare you? You're on my side! Daddy's always on my side! You promised! Make Appa give me my twinkies! Make. Him. Give. Me, My. Twinkies!" 

Woohyun: "Agh...aagghh, but Infi~, you have to be fair? And Appa won't be fair unless you behave. Remember? We have to be nice to Appa too~. That's why Daddy can't side with you right now. We have to be nice~. So please~ sweetie, calm down and be nice. Only then will you get your twinkie."

Infi: "But I already tried being nice and Appa lied! He lied! He won't give me my twinkies!"

Woohyun: "But, I'm sorry Infi. I have to take Appa's side this round. No twinkies. And that's final."

Infi: "Final!? Final!? Gaaauugghhh!!!!"

Hoya: "...Yeah, it's time to go home."

Soo: "Yeah, really. Before Infi goes nuclear."

Jong: "Too late."

Infi: Seen running off into the distance to trample over a trashcan before throwing garbage at innocent bystanders.

Gyu: Just standing there in shock, "All over twinkies!? For ing twinkies?" before charging after her. 

Woohyun: "Uwa...? Then you shouldn't have promised her in the first place.."

 

The Hunt:

Woogyu: Chasing their Rambo Child all throughout the mall.

Myungyeol: Sitting this one out.

Dongwoo: "I..I...want to help them catch her... But then again~ I also think that I should walk in front of that news crew over there so that they don't end up on the afternoon news."

Hoya: "Yeah, you should do that. I'll be over here with Ubi."

Jong: " I'mma be at Build A Bear if anyone needs me."

Dongwoo: "What, you're sending me alone?" Wide-eyed as he pleaded for at least somebody to go with him.

Alas.

Soo: "Nah, if they end up on the afternoon news it's all Gyu Hyung's fault anyway."

Yeol: Nodding, "This is true."

Hoya: "He should have never expected so much from a 4-year-old. Let alone Infi.."

Dongwoo: Sighs, "...I'll be right back.."

Hoya: "Hyung, he doesn't deserve this loyalty.."

Dongwoo: "Don't you think I know that!?" Regardless, if Ubi'd lost her in public, Gyu'd have his back. So he had to at least try... While muttering, "Unloyal bastards..." under his breath.

 

 

In the end, it wasn't Woogyu who caught their rampaging daughter though. After zip-lining down a string of lights from a rafter up high with orange and blue paint splattered across her face (stolen from a arts and crafts store), she inevitably found herself trapped between two mall security guards.

Infi: "I can explain!"

Guard #1: "That's all and good, but can you also explain setting all the gerbils loose from the pet store?"

Guard #2: "Or pulling the pants down on every one of the store manikins you came across?"

Infi: "Umm..No? Your alle--alleh-gay-shuns are too strong." Sorry, Woohyun taught her to memorize that line...You know...for the next time she nearly got arrested...

*Flashback*

Woohyun: "If they didn't see it, it didn't happen. Ah-ll-eh-je-d-el-iiee. Allegedly."

*End Flashback*

Guards #1 & #2: "Alright, where are your parents."

Infi: "I'll never give them away."

Alas.

Infi: Coloring book covered in scribbles in their security office, not even ten minutes later, "Ok, I'll give them up now. But! Only if I can use The God machine!"

Head Security Guard, "The God machine?"

Infi: "Yes."

 

 

Cut to Infinite all gathered around a central water fountain, after reconvening to see if anyone had spotted her yet.

Gyu: Worried sick and frustrated to no ends.

Woohyun: Cursing Gyu out, "Over ing twinkies!?"

Dongwoo: Covering Ubi's ears as he passed her over to one of their managers who'd come to collect their things (to take back home) while they stayed back and kept searching for Infi.

Soo: Refusing to hand his son over, "I'll keep him. Monkey wants to help find Infi too."

Jong: The voice of reason, "I still don't understand why we haven't just called security yet.."

Woohyun: "Because! Do you want them to find her!!? Like that!? All psycho! Screaming in tounges while on a rampage!"

 

Cue the overhead intercom: A lady's sweet voice excusing the minor inconvenience for a brief message from a "lost child." 

Infinite: Simultaneously unconsciously exhaling a breath of fresh air while hopefully praying that they'd at least discovered her in a less criminalizing scenario.

Alas, even if they did...

Infi: Without even introducing herself or being cordial about it. In her deepest baritone, all gangster-like, voice, "Where my twinks at?" 

Gyu: "..."

Dongwoo: "..."

Woohyun: "..."

Hoya: "..."

Yeol: "..."

Soo: "..."

Jong: "..."

*Click* 

The intercom abruptly ends.

 

15 minutes later, at the security office.

Hoya: Lifting his hand in the air as they all approached the desk together, "Us. We're the s."

Gyu: Still twitching...

Woohyun: Sighs, "Yeah...we're the twinks... Can we see Infi now?"

 

After being scolded by the guards - pertaining to all the ways/means that the mall can sue them now. And actual cops showing up.

Gyu: Glares down at Infi yet again, then looks back to the officer, "Officer, per se, can I press charges as well?"

Officer: Carefully contemplates his statement, "In theory, but I'd need to know why you'd like to press counter-charges against the mall." Albeit sternly, "And they should be signif--."

Gyu: "No, not against the mall. Her." Pointing at his wayward daughter.

Woohyun: "What!? Ya! Gyu!?"

Gyu: "What? SHE HAS CAUSED ME SIGNIFICANT DURESS TODAY!"

Woohyun: "You can't sue your own child!"

Gyu: "Yes, I can!"

Officer: "Do you two need counseling?"

Woogyu: In unison, "No!"

 

The aftermath:

No charges ended up being served that day. Thankfully... And Woogyu found it within themselves to apologize to one another.

However, Woohyun still ended up on the main living room's couch that night. 

Why, you ask?

Well, just listen in for yourself. 

 

Woohyun: Explaining to everyone how he'd ended up there - with only a blanket and a pillow. "So..ok--so everything was going well. I mean, Gyu and I still had a bite at each other a little. But, we were fine. We were good. All better. We'd made up and Infi was silently fuming in her car seat in the back. And not going all ape- anymore. But, anyway, Gyu was like you drive us back home. Since he wanted to sit in the back too, to scold her some more for inadvertently calling us all twinks. Which, by the way, she didn't even know until he pointed it out to her. She'd never even heard the word  before! She was just all like, I'm gonna sound real badass if I shorten the word. So she did. So--So like, anyways! Ok, I drove. While he chastised her all the way back home."

Everyone else: Nodding along. Despite his jumbled up ramblings.

Woohyun: "And, like, you know how pouty he can get when he's upset, right? So at one point, he's like what have I ever done for you to treat me like this. And I kid you not, this little sass queen, without missing a beat goes everythingAnd I'm like, oh no no no no no, she did not just do him savage like that, and swerved into oncoming traffic."

 

The End.

And that's how Infi never got her twinkies.

Ok, I lied.

Gyu gave them to her the very next day.

As a peace offering. 

 

++++++++++

 

: Slang for a boyishly good-looking gay male.

 

Also, I'm gonna make a poll about Gyu real quick. Please respond.