Clothes Shopping

Infinite Daddies

 

 

 

 

"Did you poop yet?" Infi innocently asked outside of the changing room as Gyu tried on a few pairs of pants at a popular clothing store. Raising a few of the other customer's eyebrows nearby, of course. And throwing Gyu off as he balanced on one foot.

"Agh--? No baby, these aren't bathrooms. They're changing rooms," he replied through the door loud enough to deter any misunderstandings.

"For diapers?"

"N-No, sweetie...for clothes."

"Can I come in? I'm bored."

"No, Sweetie. Appa will be out in just a moment. Play with your shopping cart," Gyu suggested instead. Seeing as he'd intentionally brought along her very own miniature pink shopping cart to push around to keep her occupied. The one that Woohyun'd bought after she'd thrown a tantrum at the grocery store one afternoon - resulting in a smashed carton of eggs and spilled rice all over the floor. All because he wouldn't let her push his cart and/or carry her own fruit snacks and cookies on her own.

"Mmm~" but right now all her cart had in it was Jimin (one of her BTS dolls). Because if she behaved Woogyu'd take her to the toy store, next, where she could buy new clothes for him too. (Yep, still a traitor) "..But Jimin Oppa says for you to let me in too."

Gyu chuckled, "Oh, is that right?"

"Ne."

"Hmm well in that case..." he played along, "Why don't you go ask Daddy if you can join me?" Cleverly redirecting her elsewhere once he'd realized that she must've been alone. Which meant that Woohyun'd gotten distracted and wandered off again. No matter though, he'd be finished up in just a moment and his husband never really did go too far off.

Reminding said-little girl to turn around and find Daddy looking through a rack of expensive shirts. Before sprinting over to him to complain, "Daddy, make Appa let me in the changing room."

Woohyun chuckled as he looked down at her, "Omo, have you been bothering Appa? Really? I only took my eyes off of you for two minutes."

"No," Infi cutely shook her head, "But Appa won't let me in to see what he's doing in there...He says he's not pooping..."

"Oooh~," Woohyun nodded his head sympathetically. But nevertheless leaned down to inform her, "But Infi, Appa's trying on pants in there, and that means that Appa's . So you can't go in. I'm sorry."

"No?" she pouted. Yet, nevertheless, the clever little girl pointed out, "..But I can still see Appa's chicken legs at home, right?"

"Pfft!" Woohyun snorted.   Ok, where the hell was her little brain going right now? But, "Appa has chicken legs? Gyu Appa has chicken legs?"

"Ne," she proudly nodded her head, "I remember exactly, Uncle Hoya called them chicken legs."

"Omo," Oh God, now he had to fight his inner-catty-beast to not to let his hyung know that Hoya said that, as he struggled to not burst out laughing.

When Infi had an idea of her own, "Oh--Wait, Daddy, then, can I try on pants too?"

To which he giddily nodded, "Of course. But first, we need to head over to the baby girls' department. Ok?"

"Oh? Why's that?"

"Because," Woohyun snickered before a brilliant idea hit him, "Agh, actually~." Grabbing up a pair of shorts that he'd already tried on earlier and a t-shirt that he was sure that he'd buy before laughing, "Follow me~ hehe!" Instantly taking her into one if the other dressing rooms.

Giving the attendants a good laugh with his cute antics. Because, clearly, he was just going to throw the oversized clothes on top of her's, and had only quickly run inside to give her the full make-believe experience of "changing" in the changing room. 

Moments later Gyu finished up and stepped out of his cubicle only to not find the two of them anywhere. Unaware of their antics, "Ya Woohyun, where did you go? Infi? Have you seen--?" he was about to ask an attendant where they'd run off to when he spotted Infi's abandoned shopping cart off to the side. "Agh, so they didn't go far." No way, Infi'd never abandon Jimin! Never! 

Just then he heard his husband's familiar snort coming from behind him and turned around to stare suspiciously at the changing room that was next to the one that he'd just used. "You didn't...?"

But of course, he did. The two of them exiting from it not even ten seconds later, "Uwa~, all changed!" 

"...I...Aish, haha," yet how could Gyu blame him, as he shook his head in both second-hand embarrassment and amusement. Seeing his daughter happily wiggle around in her daddy's arms while completely smothered in a blue t-shirt - with Woohyun's white belt used to tie it around her waist like a dress. And a pair of khaki shorts atop her head like a funny hat. It was cute. So ing cute. "God, Woohyun.."

"Ne~," his husband snickered while playfully poking out his tongue. And of course, everyone (including the manager) just let her walk right out like that once everything was paid for. Pushing her little pink cart in front of her parents in the direction of the children's clothing store next door so that Woogyu could buy her some new outfits. Which, of course, she'd have to try on herself as well.

Notably, Woohyun just bought a new belt to replace the old one that he'd punctured a hole in - in order to tie it tight enough around her small torso.

 

*****

 

"I want this one! I want this one!" Infi shouted while pointing at a shirt that had "Sassy" in big bold letters across it. After recognizing the word because Appa always scolded her for behaving in such a way.

Which, obviously, Woohyun snatched up instantly, "Your wish is my command." Encouraging their young daughter's inner fashionista while agreeing that she should wear a warning label, "And pray-tell, what other garments please the young mistress's eye today?"

"Umm," Infi ran around the display table and pointed out a pair of sparkly purple pants, "These!"

"Agh, excellent choice!"

"And~" she darted off once again, "this one!" This time identifying a black shirt with a bunch of flashy graphics on it that said, "Daddy's Lil' Monster."

"Ne, let's get that one too!" he agreed while smiling brightly as he caught up to her. Picking up a few other cute baby girl and princess-themed outfits along the way. "Omo, it's so true too~." Before catching sight of another shirt that said "Little Angel," and showing it to her. "What about this one?" 

But Infi briskly shook her head at it, "Oh, no, angel's not on my resume," before running off again.

"Resume?" Woohuyn gasped. How did Infi know what a resume was?

When, just then, Gyu startled him from behind by tapping him on the shoulder. Snickering as he showed his him another sassy shirt that he'd found on another table that said, "My Daddy Can't Win With Me."

"Ha..ha.." Woohyun dryly laughed at the social commentary before shoving his snarky husband away, "You, go away."

But indeed, only moments later Infi was back with another bright/flashy/decorative t-shirt that screamed, "I'm Spoiled!" and...he just couldn't win with her...

Before long her entire wardrobe would light up like a sparkly unicorn fart. So rightfully so, Gyu tossed his new favorite shirt into their basket. Alongside an outfit that enlisted Infi as "The Expert" and a few other good girl dresses for when they needed her to look lovely and refined. And not like a sassy disco ball. 

But not without Woohyun's snide interjection, "You could help me, you know..." 

To which Gyu just shrugged, "But I am helping. I'm helping you by allowing you to challenge this parenting obstacle yourself. But you know, you could just not encourage this sort of behavior. Or, put your foot down and put a limit on the number of outfits that Infi can choose for herself."

"What!?" Woohyun feigned repulsion. 

As Gyu snickered, "Just saying, Daddy~," before turning around to go pick out a new pair of shoes before she settled on ones that squeaked or lit up every time she marched around. 

Leaving Woohyun in spite, "Tch, you try telling her no. And for the record, I like what Infi picked out!"

"Then put back the girly ones that you picked out!" Gyu snarkily shouted back at him before making a mad dash and running away as Woohyun threw a handful of hangers at him from across the store. 

"Ai--!? You little--! I'll put back what YOU picked out! Tch!" Alas...Gyu'd only selected the clothes that Infi actually DID need, like sundresses and formalwear. "..Fine.." he'd just have to sit her down and force her to pick her top 10...As well as put back of few of his own favorites, while pouting.

When, right then, Infi came running back up to him with yet another quirky t-shirt. This time it had a picture of the rear-end of a corgi underneath the song lyrics, "I Like Big Butts And I Cannot Lie."

"...Where did you even find that...?"

 

*****

 

In the end, Infi settled on...

Ok, who are we kidding here? Infi got anything and everything she wanted. Plus an extra corgi shirt for Ubi since Dongwoo (the aficionado) would die laughing at it. Confidently strolling out the exit door with her head held high while wearing her brand new "I'm The Boss" top and sparkly purple pants like the diva she is.

So yes, once again, Daddy didn't win. However, this way it was a lot easier to deal with her in the changing room. Since she indeed, wanted to wear everything all at once. So...he won, on that end of the spectrum.

And yes, after spending all of that money, they still went to the toy store to buy Jimin a brand new Versace suit.

...Plus, a few other new toys to play with.

"...Dammit, Woohyun..."

"..I just can't~" the younger man cried in defeat, "I'm exhausted. You do it."

"You're not exhausted," Gyu chided him, "you just don't have a backbone."

 

++++++++++

 

Honestly, I've got like 8 work-in-progress chapters right now, but I'm not feeling any of them yet. So~ yeah, this one's just a snaphot of Woogyu's everyday life. Not loving it, but "poop," "chicken legs," and "corgi butts" are enough to go ahead and post it. haha