Monkey See, Monkey Do

Infinite Daddies

 

 

And the winner is, "Monkey See, Monkey Do"!

 

++++++++++

 

It's a concern.

Most definitely, something that he had to worry about, Myungsoo decided right then and there. As he closely watched his son excitedly flap his chubby little arms to the tune of his husband repeatedly shouting "Twerky jerky! Twerky jerky!" while flailing his own entire body around in the living room.

...After realizing, days earlier, just how fixated their infant son had become on imitating Yeol's every action

At first, it'd just been an "aww" moment where he could have sworn that Monkey's laugh had sounded "just like Yeol's." And then he'd caught him perfectly imitating his trademark owl face soon after. But then it'd hit Myungsoo... Their little chub-monster even screamed exactly like Yeol, too. The level of intensity, pitch, frequency...even the amount of alien gibberish thrown in... And then finally, one day, Myungsoo'd walked into their bedroom as Yeol played an online video game, only to catch Monkey even rage quitting exactly like him (after getting his handed to him). Throwing down a non-existent controller and huffing as he thrashed around and shouted absolute nonsense. 

Something that Myungsoo did not, I repeat, did not want Monkey thinking was acceptable behavior. And this...this wasn't it either... "Ya! Stop that already! If you keep doing that Monkey will think that it's normal!"

"Huh?" Yeol stopped his celebratory dance to stare at Soo, completely non-the-wiser, "What's not normal?"

"You!"

"Me?" Yeol laughed, "How is this not normal? You've seen me dance like this a thousand times, Baby~."

"Ya, but it's not normal! Most dad's don't twerk in the living room! Especially not in front of their infant sons!"

Yeol took a moment to process the thought, "Well...I'm not most dads."

"So! You still shouldn't twerk in front of Myungki!"

"Aish...fine," Yeol just ran his fingers through his hair at that point, "Fine, I'll cut it out. But Monkey loves it! Just look at him," and picked up their son, "I mean, look at that happy face~." A ball of squishy-squishy joy giggling in delight.

Which, Myungsoo didn't really have a comeback for, because Monkey absolutely did love watching Yeol make a fool of himself. "Yeah, I know...but you should be more careful around him. Haven't you noticed how much he's been copying you lately? And I don't want him growing up like you--No!" Myungsoo gasped as he quickly frantically backtracked after accidentally insulting his husband, "I--It's not like that! I didn't mean it to come out like that! I just--I don't want him, you know, misinterpreting you and coming out all erratic, and--and bizarre! Like, maybe he'll only see one side of you and come out all wonky, and completely miss the good half! But Sungyeol, I've--Aish--I've just been thinking a whole lot about how our actions are molding him as a tiny-little person recently! And how we're preparing him for the future! But like, also how all of the other little boys will bully him! All because you taught him how to twerk!"

Yeol burst out into a fit of laughter just then, not even phased by Soo's outburst. Because by now he was used to it. "Imitating me!? He's imitating me!?" like it was the most ridiculous thing ever. "Seriously!? The boy who won't even let me take him outside without his favorite black beanie and kitty plushie! Which, happens to also be black, by the way! Unless I've up and decided that, yeahtoday's a good day to go deaf."

"Oh?" Myungsoo chuckled in response, "Ne, that's right," suddenly caught off-guard as a metaphorical lightbulb flickered on above his head.   

As Yeol continued his comical line of questioning, "The one who crawls up close to the tv every time that you watch an anime marathon?" 

"Haha!"

"And-and just to be certain here, the same little boy who has dimples for days whenever he smiles!?"

"Ne!" 

"And snubbed his nose up at me all because I was eating a bowl of Chinese food?"

"Haha, ne!"

"The one who follows you around and babbles accusingly as you nag the other hyungs for being too selfish and/or too loud? And thinks that he's a clingy koala bear who must be held at all times!?"

"Ok! Ok, I get it!" Myungsoo laughed as he clapped his hands in joyous applause - his trademark seal impersonation.

"And that! That too! I've seen Monkey copy that too!" Yeol screeched, "You see, it's not just me! He's imitating the both of us!"

"Oh my God, I guess that I was so focused on Myungki picking up on your bad habits that I never even noticed that he was picking up on mine too."

Yeol snickered, "But I didn't even list any of your bad habits."

"No?" Myungsoo smirked, "Haha, but I'm sure he's seen them by now right?"

"I guess...but it doesn't matter. Let him watch. Let him copy us," his husband waved off his worries with his free arm," He'll be fine, Soo. I fact, he'll probably come out the perfect blend of you and I. Both carefree and shy. Loud and quiet. Crazy and attentive. Kind and rowdy. Hardworking and lazy. Whatever that means! Obsessed with dancing wildly around the house, playing pranks on people, and watching anime while singing loudly along with the theme songs! So, so what if Monkey twerks!? At least he'll know how to have a good time and make friends easily. But let's face it, Honey, we're both dorks and we're going to raise a dork."

No truer words have ever been spoken.

"Aish...alright, I'll relax. But I still don't want him twerking, and that's final."

Yeol scoffed, "Alright, alright, I won't do it in front of him anymore. But that doesn't mean that I'll stop it in the bedroom~," he winked.

To which, Soo just sighed and began to walk off, "...Please stop it altogether."

"What!? But you like it when I twerk for you!"

"No...I don't. I only said that because I was and I wanted you to hurry the hell up.."

"Ya!?"

"..." Myungsoo was gone.

"But you like it when I strip for you right!?"

 No response. 

Thus, in the end, Myungsoo decided that it wasn't so much of a concern after all. ...Sort of...

 

 

 

++++++++++

 

Myungki will be fine. I'm sure he'll get it just right

Actually, I'm more worried about how Infi will turn out. Haha

 

Sidenote: I ing love "Love Me Actually"! Dongwoo is so cute~!!!!!

And, yes, I'm sad to see Yeollie go into the military. But you won't need to worry about that in this universe. Gyu hasn't even gone. ;P