Her First

Infinite Daddies

 

 

 

 

Gyu braced himself for what fresh hell his daughter had in store for him this time as he and Woohyun stood outside of Miss Jaekyung's (the head caretaker of Infi's daycare) office. Because God knows what heinous deed prompted the woman to insist that they run down there with the utmost urgency. 

When, he overheard two familiar voices walking towards them from down the hallway, "Huh, is that Hoya?"

Woohyun turned around, and sure enough both Hoya and Dongwoo were just as shocked to see them as they were, "Ya..what are you two doing here? Did something upset Infi too?"

"Huh, upset?" Woohyun replied, as he was unsure himself, "Agh, I don't think so, I mean, we're not quite sure yet. But Miss Jaekyung insisted that we come down here immediately to talk with her. Di-did she call you too? Is Ubi in trouble too, then? Is it really that serious?" His worry, escalating by the second. 

But Hoya just shook his head, "No?" as he cocked his eyebrow in concerned confusion as well. "Is it, Hyung? But all Miss Jaekyung asked us was if we could come early to pick Ubi up. Because something'd really upset her this morning. But, no, she didn't say anything about her being in any trouble or not.."

"Really?" Gyu frowned, "What upset her?"

"She didn't tell us," Dongwoo responded, "She didn't really want to say too much over the phone. But she didn't sound too urgent. It was just that Ubi wouldn't stop crying, that's all. What'd she say about Infi?"

"Nothing," Woohyun shook his head, "But I could just hear how aggravated she was with her."

"Do you think that they got into a fight?" Hoya pitched a theory just then.

That Dongwoo quickly shot down, "What? No way."

But Gyu wasn't so sure, "Maybe, Infi has been a little more aggressive than usual..."

As Woohyun pouted, "Absolutely not. Infi may be acting out lately, but she'd never hurt her best friends. She must have hit another kid or something? But not Ubi."

 

*Fade out to the earlier that morning*

 

It was a normal, peaceful, day as Infi happily doodled pictures of robots enslaving all of humanity. What should she be drawing? She didn't know. Didn't care. All she knew was that a different lady than usual was helping Miss Jaekyung while she was out of the room. When, she overheard Ubi crying at the next table over and listened in to know what her best friend was so upset over. 

"I-I," Ubi sniffled in between harsh pants, "That's not true!"

"Yeah-huh!" the equally as tear-stricken new boy next to her shouted back, "My mommy said so!"

"Your mommy's a liar!"

Begasp! Blasphemy, the boy huffed, "No, she's not! You're just stupid because you don't have a mommy!"

"You're mean!"

"No, I'm not! You're dumb, and daddies ! Because mommies are a hundred times better than daddies!"

"Uwa!?" Infi puffed out her cheeks in fury as she prepared to march over there and punch the new boy in the face. Only before she could, the new assistant caretaker ran over to intervene and make the boy and Ubi apologize to one another and get along.

But a mere apology wasn't nearly about to cut it for sinister little Infi. Oh no. Oh no, she'd get revenge.

 

Crime scene #1: 

She'd had to wait until the scene had calmed down for acting out her plan. But when she did it was the middle of snack time. Proudly stalking over to the boy as she held out her juice box and squeezed out all of the contents onto his head, "Daddies are a bajillion times better than mommies."

Shouting, "Ne, that's right, go crying to your inferior mommy!" as he ran away drenched in apple juice while blubbering.

 

Crime scene #2 

After unsympathetically apologizing to the little boy, the new daycare assistant had let Infi off the hook "this time" since she'd only meant to defend her best friend. And being a new instructor and all, she didn't want to overstep her bounds. So Infi'd been allowed to go outside with the other kids during recces.

Playing hide-and-seek, as the boy miraculously tracked her down. Seemingly as if he'd found a new burst of confidence after getting rid of not only all of Infi's sticky apple juice, but also his crybaby exterior for a bratty little jerk, "Ya!"

"Aigoo..?" Infi sardonically chuckled from behind the tree, "What do you want, more juice? Sorry, I already drank it all."

"Why you--!?" without warning, the boy shoved Infi to the ground, "Ya! That's for earlier!"

"Gaahh!!?" Infi screamed as she hit the dirt. Before just staring up at the moron in both disbelief and disgust. But once what'd happened fully registered in her mind they were off. It was all all-out-brawl. Punching, kicking, hair pulling. All until she spotted it, the perfect weapon.

A loose tree-branch that'd no doubt had been knocked over during the previous night's thunderstorm. And this was no twig. Oh no, but a hefty bat fit for her 4-year-old size. So the first chance she got, she ran up to the broken branch and twisted it off with all of her might. Acquiring herself a large wooden sword to chase the little bastard all over the playground with. While willfully ignoring all of his loud gibberish cries for help, pleading for forgiveness, as she listed off his crimes for everyone to hear. ...So they wouldn't try and stop her... 

"Moomoo!! Moomoo!!!!"

"Shut up and let me hit you!!"

Until he finally tripped, and at that moment she collected all of her tiny strength into one powerful blow to the back of his head. Her first kill.

Metaphorically, of course. He'd just passed out.

 

*Fade back into the present*

 

Gyu chewed on the inside of his cheek, arms crossed as he struggled to suppress his rage,"...So she poured juice all over one twin, and then proceeded to clobber the other twin with a tree?" Kim Moomoo (the crybaby) and Kim oo (the protective "big" brother).

"Ne, sadly..." Miss Jaekyung sighed. How Infi'd gone two weeks without realizing that the new boys were identical twins...we'll never know...

"...Then I presume their parents are pressing charges?"

"Oh dearie, I hope not," she cringed. Knowing that her would be on the line just as much as their's were if they do... While the rest of them just stared at each other, at a loss for words.

"..When do you think that we'll find out?" Gyu continued.

"Hopefully soon. You're welcome to stay if you'd like. I invited them to come down and speak with me too, as soon as oo gets released from the hospital. They should be here within the next hour or two."

Woohyun sighed, "I guess we'll have to then..." So with that, both disgruntled parents made themselves comfortable in her office. So that Gyu and Miss Jaekyung could spit-ball ideas on how to keep themselves both off of the 10 o'clock news that night. 

While Hoya and Dongwoo also decided to camp out outside in the hallway. You know, to see how this all played out, like the nosey bandmates they can be. But also, on some level, to apologize on Ubi's behave as well. Even though she didn't directly do anything wrong herself... Hearing out both girls' versions of how the entire story "really" played out. Both filled with exaggerations and personal liberties, of course.

Though after a while, Dongwoo had to excuse himself to use the adult-sized bathroom, which was considerately placed near the entrance for hasty parents dropping off their kids every morning. When he'd finished washing his hands, just before hearing a woman's voice as she hesitantly poked her head in through the front door, "Is anyone here?"

"I'm here!" he answered back, unintentionally scaring the woman as he stepped out of the bathroom, "Oh, sorry! Hahahaha!"

"Omo!?" she jumped before getting a good look at him.

"Are you here to see Miss Jaekyung?"

"Ne," she nervously nodded, "Are...? By chance are you Infi's father?"

"Oh, no," Dongwoo shook his head while maintaining a pleasant disposition despite the dire circumstance because positive first impressions are key to resolving conflicts, "I'm Ubi's father."

"Ooohh," he watched as her nervous facial expression shifted to a sorrowful cringe, "...Ne, Moomoo told..me what he said to your daughter, and I am so so sorry. Really, so sorry, I don't know where he got that from." While waving her hands in front of her apologetically, "Mommies are not a hundred times better than daddies. Both mommies and daddies are awesome and equal. And the fact that he was so proud of himself for saying that, I feel so bad. Honestly..."

"Kya-haha, really, it's alright," Dongwoo light-heartedly chuckled as any tension that he'd been holding onto easily dissipated. This woman wasn't the type to hold grudges, luckily for Woogyu. As his eyes shifted to a second lady behind her, pushing a stroller with twin 4-year-old boys inside, "Agh, I see now~. I know why he said that."

"You do?" the first lady perked up with interest.

"Ne, because he has two such amazing moms," instantly making the connection, "Hehe, he just doesn't know what having a daddy is like~ so I can't hold any grudges against him. He just doesn't know, haha."

"Omo?" the first woman considered it, "Do you think?"

"Ne, I know it," Dongwoo cutely wiggled his nose, "And I want you to know that Ubi's other father and I feel the same way. We're sorry for anything that Ubi must have said to make Moomoo cry as well. Like him, she doesn't really have a mother figure (sans Woollim's female staff members) at home either, so she simply underestimates how wonderful they can be."

"Aghh.." the woman whole-heartedly agreed with him as she nodded her head.

"But," Dongwoo stared down at the boys, "he's not hurt too badly, is he? Which one is he?"

"Oh, no, he's a lucky fella," she replied to his relief, as she knelt down and pointed out a small bump on the back of one boy's head, "His doctor says that he passed out from shock, and nothing too serious like a concussion."

"Oh thank God, I'm relieved. By the way," he continued, "You're So..Solar, right?"

"Omo!?" she gasped as a lightbulb went off above her head at that very same moment, "And..and you're Woo-Myu-Sun-ngh...Infinite!?"

Dongwoo burst out laughing, "Pfftt!! Hahahaha! Yes, I'm infinite! All seven members rolled into one!" Joking with her as he threw his arms up into the air. Simply used to people getting him mixed with the other members by now because, truthfully, he wasn't that popular... But it didn't bother him really, "Ne, I'm Jang Dongwoo. Nice to meet you. And you as well, Moonbyul," he bowed to her wife - who'd been eerily quiet up to this point. 

"Agh," Solar covered up in embarrassment, "Dongwoo. I'm so sorry, again~."

"It's alright," he waved it off, "But to think that there are other idols who chose to adopt? Uwa!"

"Actually," Solar smiled, "we didn't. We chose to artificially inseminate, and that's why we have twinsies~" as she rubbed her belly.

"Uwa, you're both so lucky!"

"Ne~. Aren't they adorable?" both the spitting image of Mommy Solar.

"They sure are~" Dongwoo cooed over them some more, "So, should we start heading towards Miss Jaekyung's office then?"

"Ne, lets," the two happily exchanging information along the way, as Moonbyul maintained her silence. Quietly fuming over the fact that she'd agreed to let Solar do all the talking. 

Once inside and properly introduced to one another, Woogyu forced Infi to properly apologize to both boys. Before all four adults discussed matter amongst themselves. Where Solar inevitably chose to forgo pressing any formal charges since she preferred handling the situation out-of-court. Since oo hadn't been severely injured, and in the mind that all children should receive fair punishments for their misdeeds. 

When abruptly, all hell broke loose as Moonbyul finally snapped, "Like hell, we're not suing them!" Overruling her wife in a huff, "How could we not sue them!? And where were you when this all happened!?" taking her fury out on Miss Jaekyung first. 

Who, quickly apologized yet again, "Regretfully I was in the office handling other matters at the time while Minah, my new hire, was watching over the children. And I've already spoken with her over the whole incident, and have decided to take full responsibility from start to finish. Because I, as her mentor, failed to properly prepare and inform her. She was simply at a loss and inexperienced as everything unfolded. Plus, on a latter note, I did inform her earlier this week that all of our children came from two-parent households. However, I failed to clarify that not all of them were heteroual homes. So she was ill-informed of the potential hazards of mistakenly upsetting the children merely by asking them to draw a picture of their mother."

...So that's what Infi was supposed to be doing that morning...?

"What did Infi draw?" It just slipped out of Woohyun's mouth unintentionally.

"Killer robots, as per usual," Miss Jaekyung informed him. While Gyu was just relieved that it wasn't an alien. 

When Moonbyul struck again, "Aigoo--killer robots!? Ya, you see, that girl is a menace to society!" While glaring at her easy-going wife for her support on this. Who, by the way, was avoiding eye contact with her now.

But Woohyun was enraged at this point as he clenched his fists while thinking about hitting her over the head with his tree branch (arm) in retaliation.

When he overheard Gyu take a deep breath beside him, as the older man was the only one to nod his head in agreement, "Ne..she's a menace alright..." I mean, how could he disagree?

Yet it pissed Woohyun off even more. She's their baby. Their baby! "Ya, Sunggyu--!?"

But Gyu quickly shut him down, reminding him that, "Didn't she give you a concussion just the other week?" Before turning back to face Moonbyul as he bowed his head and politely held his hand out for the paper that she'd been angrily waving around. After identifying it as the boy's medical bill, "And we'll be paying for this and any follow-up visits that you deem necessary to rectify our daughter's actions, as well. It's the least we can do." 

"Tch! Damn straight!" Moonbyul shoved it into his hand, "You'll be paying for any therapy that he needs too!"

"By all means," Gyu submitted himself to the deal, a defeated man, as Woohyun kept his jaw clenched shut.

 

**********

 

A few days later, Infi grounded indefinitely from "life itself", Woohyun grimaced after receiving a call from a phone number that he didn't recognize. Assuming the worst, Moonbyul's lawyer, as he reluctantly answered it. When instead he was caught off-guard, "Am I speaking to Nam Woohyun?"

"Agh..ne... Who is this?"

"This is Solar, oo and Moomoo's mother. ...I just wanted to tell you that I think that I've finally talked my wife out of suing you..."

"Oh?" he softly gasped, "Were you really?"

"Ne, I think so. I'm like 80-90% sure. At least she's not calling her attorney every few hours anymore. Or fuming out the head."

"Uwa..that..that's sounds great..?" Woohyun didn't really know what to say, but, "Thank you.."

"Honestly, it's no problem. I really didn't want to drag this whole mess into a bigger deal than it had to be anyway."

"Agh, ne.."

Anyway..." she hesitantly went on, "I was wondering if you two and the girls would like to come with us to an arts and crafts workshop later today?"

"Ne?"

"I mean...I'd like it if our kids could be friends with each other."

"Aaaahhh, so like a playdate for them to get to know each other better?"

"Exactly."

He had to think about it for a moment, without Gyu's input, "We'll be there." Yes, whether his other half liked it or not, they'd show up. 

And overall it wasn't that bad. Their playdate went fairly well, other than the fact that Infi'd taken a thick red marker to oo's forehead so that she wouldn't get the two of them mixed up again, "This is you."

Woohyun chuckling awkwardly, "At least it's not x marks the spot," atop the bump on the back of his head. As Gyu walked on eggshells around Moonbyul since Solar clearly hadn't informed her that she'd invited them until the last second. 

Alas, Moomoo was currently aiding Ubi in painting a series of tiny plastic casts of paw prints. Which, when strung up together would make her new favorite necklace. While Infi molded weapons out of clay.

When out of nowhere, oo interrupted her train of thought, "Uwa? Infi, is that a grenade?"

Startling her, "Aigoo!?"

"Is it?" he excitedly asked again as he sat down next to her and picked up a finished gun, "I love grenades! And guns, and torpedos, and rocket-launchers, and flamethrowers!"

Infi just blinked at him a few times in utter bewilderment, "You like flamethrowers...?"

"Ne, I love weapons of mass destruction! Who's your favorite super villain? Or what's your favorite superpower? Do you want to watch a war movie with me?" (Note: Solar and Moonbyul did not allow the boys to watch rated films. However, they didn't exactly know that he'd secretly hacked the child-safety lock on their television.)

"I..I.." Infi stuttered as this new feeling began to bubble up inside of her chest that she'd never experienced before. 

*Ba-dump ba-dump*

Uh oh.

Soon both child's parents would have a new situation to deal with. Not today. Not tomorrow. But after Infi'd chase oo around the whole playground for a different reason that year. 

Altogether though, In the end, Moonbyul never did sue Woogyu. But, she did force Gyu to fork over enough money to buy her boys two new and expensive hoverboards...For therapeutic/emotional support reasons. 

 

++++++++++

 

She atacc Namu, but also use namu to atacc while protecc! Hehe! 

 

Also, I wanted to add the line, "But isn't this like the children's equivalent of a gay-on-gay hate crime?" but I forgot, and now I don't know where to put it.  

Infi: "He pushed me!"

Gyu: "You knocked him unconscious! With a bat!"