Baby Steps

Infinite Daddies

 

Some Myungyeol Daddy Time.


 

Babbling!

 

Yeol: "Boo!"

Monkey: "Kya! Oooowooo!"

Yeol: Kya~~ Boo!"

Monkey: "Ooowooo!"

Yeol: "Boo~oo~."

Monkey: "Ooo~wooo!"

Yeol: "Ooo~oo~oooooo~"

Monkey: "Ooowooooofffppp~! Kyahaha!"

Soo: "Ooh, let me try! Moo~."

Monkey: "Mm-hu-ooo~."

Soo: "Omo! Kya~!"

Monkey: "Oh oh--mooo~."

Yeol: "Bah bppffffftt" he blew a raspberry.

Monkey: "Bppvffttt! Heee!"

Soo: "Uwa, it's a spit bubble!"

Monkey: "Kya ni hunng bababloo!" 

Yeol: "Oh my God, he spoke! That was a full sentence, wasn't it!? Did you hear that, Soo!? He spoke to you!"

Soo: "Uwa! Uwa! Monkey, can you say that again!? Bababloo?"

Monkey: Bahaaha~ bbfftt!"

Yeol: "Ngh, my heart just exploded~..." he teared up.

Soo: "Baba!? Baba? Ba? Agh! Ha-poof!" he puffed his cheeks out and squished them, making a "pooft!" sound. While hoping that Myungki'd imitate him again.

Monkey: "Boo...fffff" copying his daddy, though slower the first time around. Until he got the hang of it and was repeatedly slapping himself in the face and "pooft"-ing happily.

Soo: "Haha!"

Yeol: "Kya, I think he likes it!" Now the next step was to teach him how to crow, "Crrrwwwwoooo~" 

Monkey: "Hhhwooooo~"

 

**********

 

Baby Steps!

 

"Waaaa~" Myungsoo cooed as he played with the little hula-hoop over Myungki's head. "Haha! Monkey~ play with Daddy~! Play with Daddy~" enticing his son to grab onto the instrument. So that he could gently lift him up and guide him in taking his very first steps. 

But, "Wait! Wait!" Yeol panicked just as Myungki reached up, "I'm zoomed in too far!"

"Aigoo--Ya, film it right!" Soo scolded him.

"I'm sorry, I'm trying!"

"Try harder or else you're fired!"

"Ok, ok! I got it! But are you sure that this'll work?"

"Of course, I'm sure. I saw it on Youtube!"

"..Right.."

"..." Soo glared at his husband.

"Ai--Aish, ok, I believe you."

"Tch, are ready now?" Soo impatiently groaned. Already resenting his willingness to pass his camera over to his husband to film this precious moment. No matter how badly he wanted to be in the shot.

"Yes! Ok, go!"

"Good!" Soo smirked, returning his attention back to their infant. Cooing, "Monkey, do you have a good grip?" as he slowly rocked the hula hoop left and right.

"Uuuaa mmbahob mamph," Myungki babbled in response, no idea what was going on. But he liked this new pink round thingy that Daddy'd given him and he wasn't about to give it up. Even when Soo'd slowly pulled upwards on it, "Ap--Ap-aaa-mba..?"

"Ne~ I know~ Isn't it pretty~?" Soo giggled, "You like it, don't you~? You have such great tastes~. Uwa! Now, come on Myungki, you can do it. Daddy won't let go, so just push up with those big strong legs and~ Uwwwwa~! You're standing! I knew you could do it! Don't let go~ Sungyeol, look! Look! You got in on film right!?"

"Kyaa~ I can't believe it! Ya! Of course, I got it on film! I know how to press the record button!" Yeol rambled back at him. Unintionally shaking the camera as he excitedly clapped his hands together, "Ya, all of that bouncing around really did build up his leg muscles!' The two of them shining with all the ecstatic daddy glows.

"Uuuunghh..." but Myungki, however, wasn't so stoked as he hung onto the edge of the hula hoop for dear life. Staring around in pure horror.

Though over the next few weeks, he learned to love this new little trick. At first, allowing Daddy Yeol to drag his diapered all around the kitchen tiles, "Wiiiii~!" To learning how to scoot his tiny feet one after another, "Mmph mmph." Then slowly graduating from penguin waddles to balancing acts, and then finally knee lifting exercises. Never once letting go of his trusty hula hoop for support. 

Until one day, "Ok Monkey," Yeol squatted down at the opposite end of their soft, carpeted living room. Waving Myungki's favorite plush monkey in one hand, and his favorite fruit snack in the other. While making his signature crow noise that his son loved so much, "Crwooo~ crwooo~ walk to Daddy~."

But, "Huh?" Myungki crawled towards him instead.

So Yeol had to get up and move away, "No, no. Walk, Monkey, waaalk. You know that word~. Walk to Daddy." 

But Myungki still didn't like that idea. Crawling to him again, as Yeol sighed and moved away once more. Discouraging their little baby, who started to cry from this cruel and unfair punishment, "Aeeegh-nuph--wwoooo~!"

Until Myungsoo took the initiative to dangle his favorite hula hoop in front of him - just out of reach, "Here, Monkey. You what this is? Can you grab it?"

Myungki stared up at it in disdain, "Mmmpgh!" His angry face as adorable as can be.

"Uwa?" Soo chuckled, "No?"

But as he jiggled it a little more, Myungki came around and tried to reach it. Successfully standing up on his own, just as Soo ever so slowly inched the hula hoop forward. Encouraging their son to gradually chase after it.

"Ooh, ooh, you got him!" Yeol cheered.

"Uwwa!"

Uwwa, indeed. Myungki was walking all on his own.

...And then he fell.

"Omo!" Soo dropped the hula hoop in an instant, "You're alright, you're alright."

"Gaaahhaaaahhaaa!"

"Fruit snack!" Yeol tossed the snacks over for Soo to cheer Myungki up. 

 

 

++++++++++

 

I know, it's not much. I've been in a rut recently.  > . <