The Birthday Princess Part 2: Monkey's Great Escape

Infinite Daddies

 

Welcome to Myungki's side story! 

AKA: I scrapped the original second chapter and decided to give each baby their own page. T.T (Though not necessarily in order)

 

Note: Again, I know nothing about Disney parks so anything goes. lol

 

++++++++++

 

Enter scene: Myungyeol with their precious ball of joy relishing their little Disney vacation after leaving the others behind after lunch. Meeting none other than Goofy for the very first time ever at Epcot. Yeol, instigating a "Who's goofier?" challenge against said-performer as Myungsoo holds Myungki up like baby Simba to give him an overview of all of the ensuing calamity (above the growingly larger crowd). 

Before heading over to the "What If" Labs at "ImagineWorks." A perfect spot to let Myungki waddle around all on his own and explore all of the funky new colorful lights, and interesting noises. Yeol, lifting him up and down on the musical stepping stones to get him started. While Soo waved his arms around - turning the empty air into his own orchestra to Monkey's pure delight.

Choosing to thereafter try out a Ferris wheel for the very first time to see how he took to that experience too. 

And may I say, fairly well. 

Yeol: Holding Monkey in his lap while musing, "Note to self, Monkey is not afraid of heights."

Soo: "Duly noted," scratches text onto his overflowing, "Baby's First" journal.

Meanwhile

Monkey: Taste-testing the window to see if higher things have different flavors than their lower counterparts, "Nope."

 

Later.

Myungyeol: Having a heated discussion over condiments during a snack break at a popular food cart. While Monkey enjoys his very own miniature red popsicle. And yes, it's as messy as you can imagine. To the point that Soo had to wrap him up in a towel even after flipping the popsicle over into a cup (and smashing it into a slushie). And even then, just giving up and changing Monkey's whole outfit in the bathroom afterward.

Soo: "Ya, you're supposed to put mustard on a corndog."

Yeol: "No way, my American friends say ketchup!"

Soo: "Then why are you putting soy sauce?"

Yeol: "I--? I'm not American."

Soo: "...Don't you dare put soy sauce on that corndog."

Yeol: "Watch me."

Soo: "Where did you even get soy sauce!?"

Yeol: "What? I brought it with me, that's where. Where else would I get soy sauce? You can't expect me to go to a whole other continent and not bring my own favorite foods, Mister Chicken Smuggler."

Soo: "What--? Why you--!?"

When seemingly out of nowhere...

Monkey: Reaches his chubby widdle hand back as far as possible and slaps Yeol clear across the face. Smearing popsicle juice all over it. 

Yeol: "What the--!?" stares down at said-infant, "Did--Did you think that Appa needs red on his face too?"

Monkey: Huffs.

Yeol: "Huh?

Monkey: Just shakes his head in disgust before he resumes pouring red slushie down his chin while desperately sticking his tongue out to catch it in his mouth. Obviously lacking enough motor skills to actually pull off such a daunting task as drinking directly from a cup. When it hit him, maybe lifting his arms up higher and pouring it down his forehead, instead, was the solution.

...And that was when Soo knew...everything had to go...

Soo: Just sighing in defeat.

But otherwise,

Yeol: "Oh~, I get it now. You want Appa to feed you, don't you?" Taking the cup away, only to have Monkey bite down on his finger possessively (like a little hellspawn). "Ya!? Ow, ow! Myungsoo help me! He has teeth! He has teeth! Myungsoo, my finger!!"

Soo: Alas, not really all that concerned, honestly, "Hn, of course, he has teeth, Hyung. He's teething."

Yeol: Turns to blubbering, for some goddamn sympathy, "But Honey, it hurts~. My finger hurts~! Make Monkey stop. Make him stop biting Appa~. Please~. Honey~? Don't you love me~?"

Soo: Just cold-heartedly looks at Monkey, "Bite harder."

Monkey: Bites harder.

Yeol: "What the--? He understood that!? Monkey, is it true? Are you hurting Appa on purpose!? You don't love me either! Tell me it's not true! How could you turn on Appa~~?"

Soo: Scoffs, "Ne, he's definitely doing it on purpose. But stop being so melodramatic, Hyung. We both love you. We just want you to suffer for your actions."

Why, as a matter of fact, Monkey was punishing Appa for his actions. Foul language (Mr. Chicken Smuggler), and all. As Daddy's little copycat/minion.

Regardless

Soo: Gives Monkey Yeol's non-soy-sauced-corndog.

Monkey: Instantly lets go of Yeol's finger and noms on the corndog as Soo destroys all evidence of any remaining popsicle.

 

Afterward

A bathroom break. Complete with Monkey patting Yeol Appa on the back soothingly - after he'd run off while screaming about jumping off of a roller coaster to overdramatically end his suffering. You know...as Yeol's crazy- often does...

Hence, Soo then made the executive decision to go to the waterpark instead of returning to the larger mechanical rides...The kid-friendly, un-drown-able, part of the waterpark, at that. Because, hell, he wasn't feeling that "murderous-ie" today. So he wouldn't take Hubby up on the offer.

On second thought, thirty minutes later, Yeol was already a new man, again. Sparkling with youth and vigor. Because, what's not insanity if you can't rebound in less than an hour...? Screaming "Water fight!!!" as he splashed Soo in the face with a pool noodle - re-triggering that good-old deadly impulse once more.

Soo: "Ya! Why you little!? In turn, repeatedly shooting Yeol with a water gun while chasing after him. Determined to make him slip and crack his head open in the (at max) 2 feet (.6 m) deep water.

Thoughtlessly leaving Monkey all alone in his stroller. 

Wherein

Myungki: Spots Captain Hook entertaining a group of other kids a little ways off, "Uwa..? Who's that? His hand looks funny, hahahaha," before crawling out to go meet him. Finally catching his parents' attention - because they're not entirely negligent.. No~. Not after running off and leaving said-baby all by himself~ at a waterpark... Nope. They at least looked back in time to see him sneaking off to greet a funny-looking stranger.. -.- 

Regardless

Soo: "Huh? Whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah! Monkey, do you like Captain Hook!? Do you want to take a picture!?" Instantly forgetting his previous objective, "Yeol, look, Monkey climbed out of his stroller all on his own! Come here and look!"

Yeol: Shouting, "What!? Omo!? Oh my God! Myungki, your taste in men is impeccable! Let's go meet Captain Hook together! Wait for me!" back as he ran back past his abusive spouse and followed their baby.

Soo: "What the...?" *Blink blink* a bit bewildered while momentarily forgetting what he was doing in the first place. "Oh, right." Before just shrugging it off and pulling out his camera. Baby matters more.

Meanwhile

Captain Hook: Just now noticing the baby toddling over towards him, amongst the crowd of older children, "Oh my, is this Peter Pan's newest recruit?" 

Yeol: Answering for him, "Why, yes, he is. And I'm Peter Pan!!"

Captain Hook: Activates playful mode, "Oh, you are, are you? Then I challenge you to a duel, Peter Pan!" Before tossing Yeol his very own toy sword and declaring, "I see that you've grown taller, but are you still no match for me!? Peter. Pan."

Soo: "Oh, that's good. That's good!" Presses record while Captain Hook asks all of the little kids to please take a few steps back for their safety. Because this is really happening. Yeol is dueling Captain Hook in a kids' waterpark. Over-the-top theatrics and everything. Howling at the tops of their lungs while flailing about in fantastical acrobatics that don't nearly look as cool as they think they do in their own heads. Horribly botched "ninja moves" included. Alas, the kids were, indeed, thoroughly entertained.

Soo Included. Up until the point that Captain Hook got a good kill shot in. Stabbing his husband straight in the gut with his plastic sword.

Yeol: Gasping in disbelief as he clutched his gut while using a burst water balloon to simulate blood loss. "No!! No, it can't be!? My youthful beauty..! My precious dream of never growing old!" Complete with coughing up said-fake-blood as he collapsed onto his knees, "Gugh, gugh...Uhhghnn. But you'll never take it from me.. I'll never ever grow up, I swear-swear it...Darn you, Captain Hoo--Hoo--k...Ugghhnnn...Hook..."

Soo: Realizing just how stupid Yeol's last words were, "Of course, you'll never grow up now, you moron, you're dead."

Yeol: Breaks character, just to glare at him.

Soo: Just shrugs.

Yeol: Instantly resurrects from the dead with some excuse of voodoo magic, "Yaawwhh~~~!! I feel it! My lifeforce is refueling! Now you're in for it, Captain Hook! I will avenge my own death! By the crocodile voodoo gods, I will avenge myself!!"

Captain Hook: All for it, since this was probably the most excitement he's had all week, "So you want more!? Then En garde, Peter pan. If you want more then I am more than willing to give it to you~! After all, I still need to chop off that left hand of yours. As per my revenge," raising his hook up in the air with vengeance. 

Meanwhile

Soo: "Dude.. why not just say that Tinkerbell revived you?"

Yeol: "Tinkerbell's too small!"

Soo: "Ya--!? How dare you insult Tinkerbell!"

 

Alas, by now Myungki'd lost all interest in this whole bit. Yawning as he wandering off. Never to be seen again. 

No, they find him. Don't worry.

It just takes them a while.

 

And when they'd finally noticed...

 

Soo: "Myungki? Myungki...?"

Yeol: "Oh my God, where did he go!? Did he walk off again!?"

Soo: "Aigoo, do you think he crawled into the water!?"

Yeol: "He can swim, right!?"

Soo: "...Holy crap!" Dives straight into the water to search the floor. Like a who totally forgot that the water was only 2 feet deep... Don't worry, it's only a faint concussion... 

Regardless~

Yeol: Steadliy realizing, "Oh, right...he can swim." Or, at least, Monkey was a skilled floater.

Soo: Still rubbing his aching head, "Ya, so what if he can swim! He can still drown! We have to find him! Call the police! No! Call security, they're closer!!"

Yeol: "I'm on it! But--"

Soo: "But what!?"

Yeol: "Do you want me to call a medic too?"

Soo: "CALL SECURITY!!!"

Yeol: "Yes, sir!!"

Yeah....they're eternally a mess...

 

Otherwise

Jump a few meters away, Myungki (in the adult section of the park) was already tumbling down a long water slide after climbing up a ladder (with his super strength) and slipping into an unattended chute, "Gurrbblleebbuubbllerrrrrbbbllbllbbbrrrr!" Plummeting straight down into the large pool below. Only float back up to the top seconds later - all dazed and dizzy. But perfectly fine, "Bllrbbubuubuu...? Again! Again!" Before bobbing around in a comical swimming motion to reach the edge of the pool and scramble back up to do it all over again. A feat indeed, but well worth it, "Guurrbbllluulbbuudheeeheeeeheeeeeebbuullrrrppwoooooooo!"

Later finding himself wafting down a man-made river (while keeping a good grip onto his tiny feet) and deciding that it was too crowded to stay there any longer. Exiting the water with the help of a concerned citizen - only to sneakily ditch her soon after and quickly make his way towards a souvenir shop to hide. Initiating the greatest adventure of his life! Meeting various new friends along the way. Most notably, a pigeon named Poopoo, a mouse named Mumu, and a half-drank cup of coca-cola named Ooooommmmoooo.

 

Concurrently, Yeol'd finally tracked down a guard.

Yeol: Running up to the security booth shouting, "Help, help, I lost my Monkey! You have to help me find my Monkey! Sir, you have to help me find my Monkey! He's lost and so so scared! I need your help finding my Monkey!"

Security: Taken aback by Yeol's loud shrieking,  "Sir...pets aren't allowed at Disney--."

Yeol: "He's my son!!"

Security: "Your son is a monkey?"

Yeol: "Gah---!? ..Alright, maybe naming him that wasn't our crowning moment of genius like our hyungs pointed out... But-But he's my son and his name is Kim Myungki! Myung-Ki! Oh! No, it's Myungki Kim! Myungki Kim! But he's lost! He's lost! And he's only 10 months old!! You have to help me!! I've lost my son!"

Security: Struggling to calm the agitated man, "Ok, ok, I need you to settle down, sir. First I'll need a picture of your son and--."

Yeol: "Here, here!" Shoving his phone into the man's face to show him every single picture he has of Monkey.

Security: "Very good, sir. If I can just have one or two of those that will be great. And we'll also need a description of what he's wearing too. Is he wearing anything eye-catching? Like a red hat?"

Yeol: "You can have all of them!! Wait--Why am I giving pictures of my son to a stranger!? What is he wearing!!?? You're not a ert, are you!?"

Security: Sweatdropps, "Sir, we'll need this information in order to properly locate your lost son."

Yeol: "Oh, right! Otherwise, you might find the wrong child."

Security: Again, sweatdropping, "...Are there any other lost children that I should be aware of?"

Yeol: As straight-faced as possible, "No. not that I'm aware of."

Cue Infi running past them (off in the distance), screaming like bloody hell that Winnie The Pooh is going to eat her because she's so sweet, that she's made of honey. (Yep, that's right guys...Gyu's gotta throw out his Winnie The Pooh Onesie now...)

Of course, neither of them heard that.

...Alas, something still felt off about that moment...

Security: "Sir, you said that a bit suspiciously." 

Yeol: "Agh, whatever, it's just a gut feeling anyway. But right now, you need to help me find my son! Find my son!"

 

 

Regardless

By now Monkey'd discovered why Yeol Appa seemed to love rollercoaster so damn much. While clinging to the underside of one such contraption as it raced upward like a rocket before swirling around and around in a loop-di-loop, "Kyyyaaaaaaaa~~~hahahaaaiiiiiiii!" Before losing his little mighty grip and slipping off - to fall 200ft (~61m) seemingly to his death. Only, good thing Infi'd not only convinced the aliens to keep Monkey's super strength but his resilience too. So as soon as he hit the ground below, he simply bounced right back up and flew straight into The Animal Kingdom.

Landing in a sandpit, to swiftly get into a fistfight with a meerkat and come out victorious only after sacrificing his binky. Alas, "that's my binky," and going back in for it not even ten seconds later, "It's mine." Smacking the poor animal over the head with a twig. Later, catching a ride on a hippo's back before deciding to climb up a giraffe's neck to get a good look around - like he had on the Ferris wheel. Chewing on a leaf stared in awe at the creature's enormously long tongue. 

 

Althewhile Myungyeol were following every lead they could. Briefly crossing paths with him every once in a while without even realizing it. Most notably in the primate enclosure. Where Soo'd neglected to look up just in time to spot a mama capuchin grooming Monkey's hair on a tree branch. And then, later on, when Yeol'd missed him by five seconds in the shopping district. Running right past him. Just as Monkey was sharing a stolen pizza with his mouse and pigeon friends underneath a table. Half-drank coca-cola by his side ready to re-fuel his escapades. Therein Monkey went on a coked-up frenzy - like a tiny King Kong. Climbing up and into anything and everything - with his two new friends in tow. Which included, into store cabinets, and up into building rafters when no one was paying attention. Even sneaking onto a few more rides. All while screaming at strangers. Twerky-jerking atop a statue. Jopping outside the entrance to The Slinky Dog Dash ride. And, most importantly, winding right back up at the waterpark, where this all started, to take on Splash Mountain.

BTW, RIP Splash Mountain's opperator..T.T For she only realized that Monkey'd snuck onto the after witnessing the mid-ride photography. Of a baby clutching onto the back of the log. And then when said-baby was never found. Promptly shutting down the entire ride for a whole week for..."maintenance reasons"...

All-in-all leaving Myungyeol breathless because they were hopeless at catching up to his inhuman speed (which was no alien-gifted, might I add) by this point. But with their charity performance fast approaching, both Soo and Yeol were at their wit's end. Ripping out their own hair with dread. In hysterics while accusing each other of being the worst parent ever.

When the unthinkable happened.  

Jong: Just casually strolling over while pushing a dead-to-the-world Monkey in his stroller. None-the-wiser that anything had ever gone severely south, other than finding his nephew all alone at the waterpark, "What the hell happened to you two?"

Soo: Passes out from shock.

Yeol: Drops to his knees as he gasps unintelligible gibberish. 

Jong: "Are...you two good to perform...? We got like 30 minutes... Hey, Sungyeol hyung? Hyung? Is Myungsoo hyung ok?"

No response.

Jong: Calls Gyu, "Hey...we might need to go ahead without Myungyeol today...They seem to have overheated from all of the excitement..."

Gyu: "..."

Jong: "I think Myungsoo's dead."

 

 

Later on that night, after making a full recovery, Soo added "Monkey's First Great Escape" to his "Baby's First" Journal.

 

++++++++++

 

Worth the wait?