The Challenge - Inception

Infinite Daddies

 

THE NEXT MINI-SERIES IS: *drumroll*

This segment will be a reoccurring theme that pops up from time to time.

 

++++++++++

 

 

 

"Fine, it's settled!" Gyu irritably shouted in the main living room of their dorm.

"Deal!" Hoya seconded his arrogance. 

All the while, Dongwoo and Woohyun exchanged worried glances.

"How'd we get here?" Woohyun anxiously asked his hyung again.

Who hummed, "I think it started when Gyu came home and Hoya showed him one of Ubi's newest paintings." Diving deeper, Dongwoo gave more elaborate details about the argument unraveling before them - to help Woohyun (and himself) accurately understand how they all got here.

When Gyu cut him off with the truest, most spot on, explanation, "Oh, Shut up, I'm drunk and we all know it!" 

"Right!" Hoya laughed.

"...So..?" Woohyun tilted his head, "We really doing this, then~?" still skeptical, and not optimistic about this idea at all. 

Yet, "Ne!" his husband crossed his arms and nodded his head, "We're really doing this." 

"Oookay~?" Woohyun pouted in return. Hoping that Gyu'd sober up and return to his senses soon. Or maybe Dongwoo could prevent this?

Alas, moments later it'd gone too far. As they'd already finished deliberating over the rules.

..Gyu and Hoya had been persistent... This was really happening... His poor poor baby... 

"Alright," Hoya announced with vigor, "the challenge lasts for one whole week! And you have to last the entire week with no unnecessary help from the other team! Whoever caves first, loses!"

Both sides equally as confident of their victory, as they playfully threw insults at one another. Even Woohyun after a while, having been fired up by Yadong's cocky attitude. 

"Ya! You, jerks! Of course, we'll win! You have no idea what you're getting into!" he scoffed.

"Ha! Yeah, right!?" Hoya countered, "You have no idea! We already know what to expect. We're fully prepared! You guys have no idea! You think this will be a cakewalk, don't you Hyung!?" 

"No!" Woohyun huffed, feeling a little offended again. Yet continued teasing, "But it will be easier! I think I'll relax this week~ Maybe even go to the sauna." 

"Ha!" All the while, Gyu giggled in the background. The funny scene made him grab another bottle of beer, "Ah~ I already feel like I'm on vacation~."

The following morning they were all fully prepared to go, "Challenge, START!" at the crack of dawn.

They commenced the operation. Keeping their busy work schedules in mind as they began to battle it out. And in case of emergency, their managers would temporarily take over. ...Since they agreed that the other three members weren't a neutral enough party. 

"...s," Myungsoo glared at them all.

 

**********

 

Day 1:

Lots of busy schedules. They should have started this later... "Oh well, we'll make do," Dongwoo reassured Hoya, as he ran around introducing Infi to every single staff member in the small photography studio. Later letting her play with her toys and some of the film equipment. Under the staff's supervision of course. While they posed for the ridiculously famous photographer. 

One of those overzealous artsy types.

Alas, "...Whoops." 

"Ne?" Yadong looked up from in front of the camera just in time to witness the horror. Seeing every second in slow motion as Infi accidentally knocked over a full cup of coffee onto a stack of photo portfolios. Which slid over and collided with a light stand. Knocking said light stand over...into another light stand...

"Ah!? We'll pay for that!" Hoya shouted before the photographer could even turn around to inspect the loud crash behind him.

*clack*

"Agh," Dongwoo winced, "There goes the laptop.."

"..." 

"..I didn't mean too..." Infi coward under the furious man's glare, before Dongwoo could pick her up and run away.

A crazy man like that? Who knows what he'd do to the child.

They'd never work with that man again. 

 

**********

 

Likewise, Gyu scratched his head while the little girl in front of him sniffled softly, "Aren't you tired? You can sleep if you want?" He wasn't sure what to do, but he had a busy schedule to complete.

"..Ok..." Ubi softly cried as she obediently closed her eyes and laid down on the couch. Where she stayed put while he went inside the recording booth to practice some potential songs for his next solo album. 

Hours later, Gyu finally exited the booth. Mentally exhausted and unsatisfied with his performance for the day. He'd likely re-record everything tomorrow. Ugh, the life of a perfectionist... still a little hungover from last night's outing... "Aish," half of these songs wouldn't even make the final cut anyway... "Whatever, I'm hungry."

He rubbed his stomach as he looked over at the couch. "Wha--?" Uh-oh. "Seunghoon hyung, where is Ubi?"

"Huh?" the equally as exhausted producer looked behind him, "Where did--? She was just here, I swear."

"!" Gyu ran out of the room, pissed off at the man for not realizing that his niece had walked off. 

Only remembering minutes later, "Oh, right! Woohyun!? He should be finished with his fitting by now!" Maybe he took Ubi?

He called him, "Woohyun, do you--?" Wait, he coughed. He didn't want to sound too suspicious. "Woohyun," he calmed his voice down, "I'm finished with recording. Where do you want to meet up?"

"Hyung?" Woohyun answered the phone, "Ne, let's meet at the food court. How did Ubi do? I'm sorry for dumping her on you...I just didn't think that it'd be appropriate to take her to the stylist's room." Not that he'd be the whole time while trying on all of the outfits, but still...

"Ah, it was fine. She slept like a baby," Gyu awkwardly chuckled, "The food court across the street, right?"

"Ne. See you there in a few minutes."

"...Aw...." Gyu'd ed up big time.

Woohyun did not have Ubi. And, he was now extremely pissed off with him.

"How, I--I ask you this twice because I still can't wrap my head around it. But how did you manage to lose a four-year-old in the recording studio!? It's a small room! You can keep your eyes on her the 24/7! Did she just vanish into thin air!? Did she get abducted by aliens!? Did a ert burrow his way through the wall and grab her!? Really!? Are you that ignorant, as a blind mole!!??" Woohyun growled at him.

"I--I'm sorr--Aish! S--Stop yelling at me and help me look for her already!" Gyu griped back.

"Sunggyu Hyung!? What if that was Infi!?"

"Infi doesn't wander off!" he defended himself, "And even if she did she'd make a lot of noise all along the way! We'd have tracks to follow!"

"Agh!!" Woohyun kicked his husband, "Gah! I can't stand you right now! You re-check the building! I'll check down the street!" 

"Yes, sir!" Gyu yelped, rubbing his ankle as he hopped back into the building. 

Thankfully after a few minutes of calling out to her, a woman brought Ubi over to them. "Hello, is this the little girl that you're looking for?"

"Omo!" Woohyun snatched her straight of out the woman's arms, "Yes! Yes! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" He hugged Ubi tightly, "Oh my God, I was having a heart attack! Where did you find her?"

The woman chuckled, "A little ways that way," she pointed to a dog park. "I found her playing with my golden retriever. At first, I thought her parents were one of the other pet owners nearby. But then I heard you two calling out for her, so I asked around and no one claimed her."

Gyu sighed in relief, "Yes, thank you, a million times over! How can we repay you!?" 

"No, no," the lady shook her head. Wanting nothing in return, "It's alright, my nephew has a bad habit of wandering off too. It happens to the best of us. We only look away for a second and poof, they're missing," she laughed. "It's alright. She's such a well behaved little cutie, otherwise." 

But Gyu was persistent to give her something, "Please, please, let me repay you! Ah, here!" he pulled out two tickets for their upcoming concert out of his pocket. "Please, at least accept these as our gratitude!"

The lady still shook her head but accepted the gifts forced upon her, "Oh, alright then. I suppose I can accept them. I'll find someone to go with." Oddly enough, she hadn't recognized either boy. But would later be swarmed by her friends, demanding the second ticket. 

"Now, you be good, Ubi Cutie~," she booped Ubi on the nose before waving goodbye. 

After the woman left Woohyun looked Gyu dead in the eyes, "...Sunggyu? Can you or can you not see the dog park straight down from our recording room window?"

"..." Gyu bit his lips. 

Ubi loves dogs a bit too much...

"And why did you have tickets?"

"Ah..that," Gyu rubbed the back of his head, "I stole them from Seunghoon Hyung...as bounty." In retaliation for helping lose her in the first place. 

"As bounty?"

"Ne, like incentive, to help us find her.." Gyu coughed, "So that people would help.. I guess we didn't need it..."

"...At least you tried.."

 

 

**********

 

That afternoon.

Both teams lied.

"Any problems today, hyung?" Dongwoo giddily asked Gyu first.

"No. None at all. Ubi's a little angel. You?"

"Nope," Dongwoo laughed, "Infi's been a perfectly behaved sweetheart all day long!" 

 

**********

 

Three hours later, Gyu barged through Yadong's front door without knocking. Announcing "We're switching dogs too." Abruptly dropping Spiri off and stealing Nicki - without accepting any complaints. Not even Woohyun's.

Why? Because Ubi'd now fully realized the sheer horror of life without Nicki and was bawling her eyes out.

And, playing with Spiri wasn't helping her cope at all, "But Spiri's Infi's doggie!! I want Nicki! I want Nicki! I can't sleep without Nicki! I won't! I won't!! Give me Nicki!!" An epic temper-tantrum.

But if Gyu hadn't done something quick, he and Woohyun would've both gone deaf. That wasn't an assumption. It was a fact.

Hoya smirked on Gyu's way out, "And you didn't see that coming!?"

"Shut up!" Gyu called back, slamming the door behind him. All the while, oblivious to the sight of Dongwoo hanging upside down from the ceiling. An obvious one of Infi's clever ploys. Imagination land gone-twisted...

Hoya was just letting this happen too. He'd had an argument with Dongwoo earlier that day about how strict to be with Infi...Obviously, Dongwoo'd chosen the less stern approach. "And~ here you are now, delicious spider prey."

"..Shut up..." the blood pooling in his head, "I'm woozy.." 

 

++++++++++

 

Where would you like to see this go? Who'll win? Woogyu or Yadong? 

Who would you rather raise? Infi or Ubi?

It's The Challenge: SWITCH!!