Vacation - Part 1

Infinite Daddies

 

Let's go on vacation!!

 

++++++++++

 

"Uuuuuhhhh...diaper bag...? Diaper bag...? Diaperrrrrr--BAG! AHA!" Yeol shouted in joy upon finally spotting where he'd briefly misplaced Myungki's baby necessities. In the rush of preparing to head to the airport. While Soo managed packing all their belongings - clothes, toiletries, passports, etc - everything non-baby-related. But if any of Myungki's personal belongings were left behind and/or went missing on this vacation it'd be Yeol's head on the chopping block. God forbid he forgot the whole baby.

Likewise, across the dorm, Dongwoo was busy packing his own suitcase at the last minute as well. Shuffling through his own gigantic pile of extravagant clothes, "Yes or no!?"

"No," Hoya curtly replied to his boyfriend's infamous pink pig boxers. "And, honestly, why the do you still have those?"

"Because they're cute."

"They're not cute, they're an atrocity."

"Alright then, what about these?" Dongwoo carelessly pitched his next option - his blue and yellow cargo pants.

"Acceptable. But we're trying not to stand out, Hyung. We're not going on tour. Pick something...umm...mundane. On second thought, do you even know what the word mundane means?"

"Nope, not a clue!" Dongwoo laughed brightly before pulling out a lime green and orange tiger-striped tank top paired with tight purple shorts and a feathery hat, "I'll take these!"

And Hoya just sighed, "Right. Well, while you're in here making heinous fashion decisions all on your own, I'll go check on our daughter."

"Good idea! Good idea! Make sure she's not stuffing puppers and doggie treats into her suitcase."

"Right." And wouldn't you know it? She was, "...Ubi~," sitting atop her light blue luggage case. Struggling to smash it down far enough to zip it closed on her bedroom floor. Before Hoya uncaringly walked over, set her aside, and dumped it all out onto the floor again. 

Instantly alarming the poor girl. Screaming, "Ya!? Appa!!? How could you!?" in horror while attempting to catch as many of her precious friends in her little arms as possible. Before insisting that he, "Apologize! Appa, apologize! Your hurt all my doggies! My doggies have broken paws! They bumped their heads! Kiss them and make them better! Kiss them! Do it!"

Alas, Hoya just irritably sighed as he fake-prayed for all of their speedy recoveries before blowing kissing at them. "Alright, all better now. But Ubi, I told you last night that your suitcase is only for your clothes, toothbrush, pajamas, shoes, and other must-haves like a jacket or a hat. But, most importantly, that you can only bring one doggie along for nappy-time. Just one. So which one is it?" he articulated as he sat down on the floor with her. Ready to re-pack everything that he'd already pre-packed the night before, which was now scattered all over. Despite how devastated his little angel was at the concept. 

"But-But, Appa, they'll be lonely~!"

"No, they won't, honey. Because they'll all have each other, remember? Don't you understand that?"

"No..."

"Agh..ok. Let me try this?" he attempted to soothe her by quickly getting into her four-year-old mind. "What if we place them all in a big circle so that that they can all see each other, ok? That way they won't be lonely and miss you so much while we're away. Right? Because they'll all be looking right at each other and know that they're not alone." 

"Hmm...hm hmnnng," but Ubi still wasn't buying it. "But I'll miss--."

Regardless, "Yes, let's do that. That'll be perfect," Hoya simply cut her off, answering himself before she complained any more. Already in the act of moving everything around, while also grabbing up her toiletries, clothes and other necessities in the process. Because they didn't have time for this . Their flight was in five hours. Plus, he'd force her to abandon her Doggie Dependency (as her therapist calls it) even if it killed him in the process. And this vacation was the perfect opportunity - full of many planned out activities and distractions to keep her busy.

Then, when he was finished moving everything around he cheered for himself out loud - to lighten things up, "Alright! Woohoo~! We did it! We did it! Everyone's happy! Now there's only one last thing to pack, ok. So which doggie will it be? Which puppy do you want to take with you? Mr. Puppers? Mrs. Puppers? Doggo? Puppo-Wuppo? Puppito? Rollie The Rottweiler? What about Tupac? My vote's for Tupac, he'll keep you safe." Yes, she has a stuffed bulldog with a bandana on its head named Tupac. And, yes, it's all Hoya's fault. Who's else's would it be?

But Ubi still wasn't too thrilled about the whole ordeal, "Oohhh...I don't know. I don't want to take Tupac from Biggie..." her big black bulldog plush.

"Yeah, but maybe he could use some time apart from him? It wouldn't hurt," he replied with a supressed snicker. 

"...No..." she pouted.

"Alright then~," he tried again, "What about Zico (a shar-pei), or Nugget (the chihuahua) or maybe Pebbles? Scrappy?" 

Alas, "..Hmmm. No, not them either," Ubi just wasn't feeling any of them... Especially all by themselves. 

" ..Oooook..." Hoya groaned as he slowly began losing his , "Tootie? Tinkerbell? Jieun (a pretty blue puppy)? CL (a papillion)? Teh-Poof (a pomeranian)?"

"No. Tootie and Tinkie are afraid of heights, and Teh-Poof is too high main-ance (maintenance). ...CL will bark on the plane too."

"Fruity (a rainbow-colored labrador)? Hurry up please, Appa needs to re-pack Daddy's suitcase too," his eyebrow twitching with irritation by now.

But, "Ughh!" she just huffed in frustration in return, "I can't take him either! He has a family!"

"Ok."

*Tick tock tick tock*

10 minutes later. 

"Alright," Hoya was simply gritting his teeth to keep from losing his last bit of cool at this point, "Ok, we only have Momo, Suga, Hyuna, Taemin, and Yongyong left. So who is it?"

"Mmmmm..." When Ubi shouted, "Oh, and Dog God! I choose Dog God!" as if she'd just then had an epiphany. When she'd known all along that she had a full- 2m (6.5 ft) tall wolf plushie sitting in the corner of her room.

But, hell no, "No. Dog God won't fit on the plane," Hoya snapped. Instantly regretting his action as he reeled his temper back in.

"But Appa!?"

"We are not bringing Dog God."

"Aww...."

And finally fed up with this, Hoya just stood up and declared, "Alright, Appa's had enough. If you can't choose one dog to take with you, then you don't get to take any dog with you." Sending Ubi into a panic as he left the room with her fully-packed suitcase. With only one chance left, "You have five minutes to make up your mind. Ok?"

"Ne!!"

 

*****

 

Meanwhile

Over at Woogyu's place, Infi'd got her hands on their plane tickets after climbing up onto the kitchen counter. So Woohyun playfully asked her, "Omo, can you read those, baby~? Uwa~ really~? Then can you tell me what they say? Tell Daddy where we're going on vacation. Ne?"

"Umm," Infi hummed to herself in response as she let her imagination fill in the dots. Because, clearly, she wasn't old enough to read that great yet. " Falls."

"Pfft!" and there went his drink, "Nye-Nye! It's Niagra Falls, sweetie. And no~ that's not where we're going~. Guess again."

"Pluto?"

"Uwaa! Daddy would love to go to Pluto, but no. Try again."

"Then...the sun!?"

"Oooohh," Woohyun tilted his head in curiosity, "that sounds fun, but I don't think that anybody can visit the sun. Except maybe Superman."

"Oh?"

"Oh~."

"Ok, Uranus?"

"Mmh-hmm," he shook his head (restraining the jokes within), "Try guessing a place on Earth."

"No? Umm...then... Agh-Agh! Aus-Aus-rail-ee-uh!?"

"Australia? Ooohh~. Nope!"

"Nope? Oh!" Infi suddenly remembered that Uncle Sungjong had given her an atlas book for her birthday last year. Instantly jumping straight down from the kitchen counter (against Daddy's frantic protests, "Baby, no, no, no, no, no!") and running towards her room. Before returning seconds later with the oversized book. Determined to guess until she was inevitably right as she flipped through the pages and pressed the button underneath the first large outline of a country that she saw. Which resultantly pronounced its name correctly for her. Repeating after it, "Russia?"

To Woohyun's astonishment, "No-nope," despite the mini-heart-attack that she'd just given him. 

"Wrong again?" Infi frowned, flipping to another page and pressing the next button, "China?"

Yet again, "Nope," Woohyun just chuckled by this point upon realizing, "Uwa, I guess Jongie's Baby Genius Initiative wasn't such a dumb endeavor after all, haha. She's actually using it."

*Flip flip* 

"The yoo-night-ted staaaates-uhv.. Uh...Uhv ummm-air--ri-ka?"

"The USA? Nopey, nope, nope, nope."

"Uuuuggggghhhh!!!!"

"Hahahaha, give up, Infi?"

"No! Africa!?" she screeched.

Alas, "No~~," Woohyun enjoyed her cute little outburst. And sheer determination.  

"Jer-muh-nee!?"

"Omo!"

"Omo!? Am I right!?"

"No, but you're close," he smiled widely as he .

"Oh, I'm close!? Good!" she elatedly giggled at the map of Europe before pressing down on the country right next to Germany, "Poland."

"Nope. Try going south."

"South?"

"Down," Woohyun reiterated, "Remember, south is down, north is up. West is left, and east is right. Ok?"

"Oh...?" But Infi just stared up at him confused as usual as she mumbled, "I don't know," before randomly selecting the next button. "The yoo-night-ted king-dum."

When it dawned on him that he should take this opportunity to teach his daughter how to utilize the lightly drawn grid lines along the pages. So he pointed them out to her and taught her where to put her itty-bitty index fingers before dragging them across the page until they converged over the correct country.

Which she then fairly easily identified, "Oh, it's--!" pressing the button, "Italy!"

Thereafter "Uwa!?" feigning extreme shock that she'd actually mastered it on the first try, "Yaayy~! You figured it out! We're going to Italy! Aren't you excited, baby!? Italy! Right!? You're excited, right!?"

"Yes!" she squealed with delight, giving her daddy a victory hug. Only to ask, "But what's an Italy?" only seconds later.

"..." Woohyun pet her head, "You'll find out when we get there."

Aight...maybe she's not so smart after all...

 

 

**********

 

3 hours later. 

The Infinite gang (minus Jong) all sat in the lobby of the airport after checking in for their 11-hour-long flight. Gyu, keeping Infi on a child leash despite all of the scornful looks he got from the other travelers passing them by. While Woohyun cringed in silence as he pulled up yet another children's videos on his laptop to distract her from trying to run off and join random strangers at the nearby airport bar again. 

 

*Flashback*

Infi: Suddenly appears out of nowhere, next to a lonely businessman drinking at the bar counter, "Hi."

Stranger: Mutters "Umm..hello?" as he awkwardly looks around for another adult, aside from the bartender. Hoping to spot her parents.

Infi: Yet, totally unphased by this, "I'm Infi. Are you drunk, Mister? What's your name?"

Stranger: "Umm...no. Not yet. I'm..." Unwilling to tell her his name, "I'm Mr. Choi. But, little girl, where is your mommy?"

Infi: "In hell."

Stranger: Sweatdrops profusely, "And--And what about your daddy?"

Infi: Shrugs, "I don't know. I lost him. Maybe I should call CPS and ask where they last saw him." AKA, she abandoned Woohyun after he quickly ran to the bathroom. 

Stranger: Leans over the counter to get the bartender to call airport security. Just in time for Gyu to come running over and grab her up by the collar.

Gyu: "Ya! What the hell did I tell you about staying close to Appa!? Do you want to get kidnapped by some lunatic!?"

Infi: "I don't know. Maybe."

Gyu: "Maybe!?" 

 

Approximately 15 minutes later.

Infi: Squeezes herself in between two women sitting at that very same bar, "Hello there."

Women #1: "Umm, hi, little one. Can we help you?"

Infi: "Oh, no thanks, I already know how to drink from a bottle."

Both women: exchange worried glances as they then watched Infi climb up onto the counter and attempt to open up a bottle of wine.

Airport Security called. Alas, Infi was nowhere to be found when they arrived. Having squeezed behind the bar's inventory to crawl out underneath everyone's feet during the resulting ruckus.

Only to be found by Woohyun moments later, near the doughnut shop, "Ya, Infi!"

"But-But Daddy~! I was only hungry~" instantly evading getting yelled at by pleading with those big doe-eyes of hers to manipulate him. Knowing full well that he'd cave in a matter of seconds, unlike Appa. Because, hell, she'd much rather get snuggles than a scolding. Subsequently "Teehee" evilly snickering behind his back as he picked her up into a warm reassuring hug. 

 

 

*****

 

Maybe 20 minutes after that.

Infi: Returns to the very same bar as she casually slides over towards her next would-be friend, "How's it hanging, mamacita?"

High-end e: "Well, aren't you a cutie? What's your name, sweetheart?"

Infi: "I'm Infi. I'm four-years-old and I have a court-mandated therapist." 

High-end e: "Oh, you do, do you?"

Infi: "Oh, yes. I also have a puppy named Spiri, and we live in a big condo with a bunch of grouchy old men."

High-end e: Starts taking notes on all of the personal information that Infi's just freely handing over. In order to report her parents to the police immediately. "And what's your surname, Sweetheart?"

Infi: "Its Kim. What's your name? Do you have a ghost buddy that likes playing with your toes at night in your bedroom too?"

High-end e: "Oh, of course, of course, Sweetheart. Don't we all?" No!

Infi: "Uwa!? Hey, Miss, since you now know all about me, can you take me home with you? I'd like that. I can learn to love a pretty mommy like you."

Alas, knowing pretty-ing-damn-well where their little hellion ran off to by now, YET AGAIN, Woogyu were there no more than 60 seconds after that. "INFI!!!!!"

....Crisis somewhat averted...on their knees and begging...

 

*****

 

Minutes later, Infi batted her long eyelashes at Woohyun yet again, "I'm sorry, Daddy. I thought that--"

But this time he wasn't having it, "No, you've struck out," holding his hand up between them, "The first time I forgave you. The second time I believed you. I'm not falling for it the third time." When actually it was the fourth.

Hence, the leash.

 

*End Flashback*

 

*****

 

Likewise, Dongwoo was also doing his best to keep his cranky 4-year-old from causing a huge scene too. Putting on a show with a sock puppet on one hand, and Tupac in the other, "Ruff ruff, I'll bite you. No, no, don't bite me. Yes, yes, I'll bite you, and then I'll absorb all of your powers bwahahahaha. Noooo~. Nom." All to calm her down after her last-minute realization that Nicki wouldn't be allowed to sit right next to her on the plane. But instead had to stay down in the cabin beneath them, where Hoya assured her that Nicki would stay safe and warm. So much for forgoing the private jet option... Their little girl was rocking back and forth on the carpeted floor like a psych ward patient. 

All in all, this was the girls' very first airplane ride and they were both understandably a bit nervous and rambunctious at the same time. But, you know who wasn't panicked? Myungki, that's who. Already fast asleep in Myungsoo's warm arms. Despite Gyu's stern warning that if he let the kid sleep now, he'd be wide awake and wailing for the entire flight. 

And what about Yeol? Sleeping on a couch with headphones in - after a long exhausting morning full of Monkey business.

Hoya? Steadily giving up on Dongwoo's puppet show, and encouraging Ubi to get up and dance with him. Notably, also a ploy to tire her out and make her sleep throughout the flight as well. But...not actually working, so he inevitably just had to give back Tupac and make her eat her snackies. The separation anxiety was real...and they had another 13 hours to go...

And lastly where was Jong? Of course, they wouldn't leave for vacation without him, right? Never! Why, he was luxuriously reclining in the first-class lounge, sipping on a cold martini. Seeing as he was the only child-free member who could actually enjoy its perks without panicking every five minutes (if you didn't count Yeol, who was out like a light).

Though Woogyu regretted not joining him and locking Infi inside - where she'd be restricted to a small area. ...Though, then again, she'd be harassing high society's drunks...instead of everyday drunks then...

 

*****

 

*Ding ding* the intercom rang out throughout the east wing on the airport, "Attention travelers, we will now begin boarding flight 138 to Venice, Italy. Beginning with first-class passengers at Gate B. Again, we will now begin boarding flight 138 to Venice, Italy. Beginning with first-class passengers at Gate B. Thank you."

"Oh, that's us," Soo hopped up with a semi-cranky Myungki in his arms. Before nudging Yeol with his foot, "Hyung, get up. Get up and collect our things, it's our turn to board."

"What--Oh!? Huh? We're boarding? Already?" Yeol fumbled awake as the others laughed at him while getting ready to head over.

"Yeah, so get up, you lazy bum," Gyu snickered.

Everyone, meeting up with a fully-refreshed and shining Sungjong at the front of the line, "Uwa~ the hors d'oeuvres were immaculate in the First-class lounge. Ugh, what lovely service too~" determined to rub it in all of his hyungs' faces. 

Alas, they all just rolled their eyes at him, because they all had their own reasons (e.g. rowdy children) for staying out of there. To keep the other "rich people" from complaining... Thus, is the life of traveling with infants.

When it was Gyu's turn to hand over his and Infi's passports to the flight attendant, "Here you go."

The lady's eyes widening in shock upon recognizing him. But, ever the professional, she swallowed her inner Inspirit and bowed. Completing her task with giggly dignity without asking for an autograph or freaking out. Only breaking character to discretely wave to Infi while whispering, "Enjoy your flight, Infi. You'll love first-class, ok. I love you." All the while maintaining her calm as the other members followed him, as well. Ok, ok, I lied. She freaking lost her when it was Soo's turn. Internally squealing so hard that she blew a fuse and passed out right on the spot. Especially since he was still carrying his adorable little baby boy. 

And, of course, Soo had to laugh at least a little bit at her before helping her resuscitate, "Oh, I think she's dead, haha."

 

*****

 

Once on the plane, everyone took their seats. Woohyun keeping Infi with him in his fancy little nook because no one trusted her to be by herself for 11 hours straight. Ensuring hours of Barbie movies and dinosaur attacks to keep them both occupied. 

While Hoya also kept Ubi with him, since he'd already changed into his giant Pitbull onesie to "play doggie" with her until she passed out. Unenthusiastically barking, "Ruff ruff, can Scooby please get some whiskey before we take off?"

And last but not least, there's Myungki. Who'd start off the flight with Yeol and then switch to Soo. Allowing both daddies a chance to relax. 

Otherwise, Jong, Gyu, and Dongwoo would be left totally carefree. The latter, already dead to the world as soon as he hit his seat. Snoring and all. Alas, Gyu's peace and quiet would be short-lived, as Infi wondered out of Woohyun's cubby to ask him a question before they even took off. 

With a burning question ever since the flight-attendant had brought it up, "Hey, Appa, what does first-class mean?" Only now realizing how she'd ignored all previous mentions of the word earlier that day. From her daddies, uncles, and the loudspeaker, "I don't know what first-class means."

To which, "Ne?" he smirked cockily, "It means that we get to sit in the best seats on the whole plane," while motioning to his large plush chair, ample leg-room, and television screen, "with all of the other special people. Ok?"

"Oh, ok. So we're special?" she then asked. Seeing as it just now dawned on her that this may not be a normal plane ride. Or a normal plane, for that matter. Since she had no previous experiences to compare it against, really... 

"Yes, we are~."

When Woohyun snorted as he came over to retrieve her. Complaining, "Where do you think you're going, little one? The seatbelt light just . We're about to take off."

But Infi wasn't quite ready to head back quite yet as she looked up between the both of them, "But how do we know that they're special?" referring to the other first-class passengers. 

So Woohyun just chuckled as he knelt down to tell her the real deets to satisfy her curiosity, "Psst, actually the airline knows that they're special because they're rich."

Which made her gasp in realization, "Ooooh, that makes more sense," as if everything was all coming together in her little mind.

"Yes, it does. But you most certainly are very special too, Infi."

"Obviously," she announced right back, "I know I'm special, I'm just surprised that Appa and Daddy are special too." Looking around, "And everyone else here. Maybe they're just rich, but not special. Can you pay to become special?"

"..."

In any case, she turned right around to go back to her seat with her newfound realization. Prancing all the way back like the special, spoiled, rich little bratty princess that she is, "Ne. So now that I'm a rich girl, I'll need to act like one too. Right? Because I'm rich and special."  

Woogyu then just gave each other that look of having the same simultaneous sarcastic thought, "Oh, great, we ed up again. This flight will be fun~." 

Yes, fun, indeed.

 

*****

 

Not even five minutes later as the new flight-attendants handed out beverages Infi groaned, "Ugh, this water isn't neeeeaaaarly sparkly enough."

To which Woohyun smirked at her, "Honey, that's apple juice."

"Ugh," resulting in her pushing the glass away as she snobbily replied, "apple juice is for peasants."

So he took it away and decided to drink it himself.

Only to have her instantly demand it back, "Wha--Daddy's that's mine!"

"Oh, but you said that it's only for peasants~?"

"Give me back my peasant juice!"

"Oh, ok. You can have your peasant juice back."

 

*****

 

Four hours into the flight. 

Ubi'd securely established her title as "Flight-Attendants' Best Girl" with all of her squishy cuteness. Right alongside, "Best Flight Daddy" who let her follow the pretty ladies up and down the aisle and assist them...While still begrudgingly wearing that damned onesie as he followed shortly behind. Only to devastatingly learn that there were a few Inspirits in the economy section by sheer luck. "Oh God, please don't post pictures..."

Alas, damn right they did! Insert reluctant fan-service. All because he was so desperate to keep his infant daughter from losing her damn thirteen thousand meters up in the air that he'd stayed in character. From barking and panting all while crawling around on all fours, to howling at strangers while playing fetch. Which, by the way, consequently was how they'd ended up in the back of the plane in the first place... One of the "pretty ladies" had tossed the ball through the doorway. And then Ubi'd gotten curious about the moving tray table. But not curious enough to let Hoya breathe a sigh of relief.

Thankfully though, his dedication did earn him a few free extra shots of alcohol from the giggling crew members. And eventually the pity of one lady in particular, who'd been allowed to bring her own seeing-eye dog aboard the plane. And, oh my, she was like a godsend to Hoya. Granting Ubi permission to pet and play with her gentle labrador for a little bit. While he sat down and panted for real.    

 

*****

 

Eight hours into the flight.

Myungki stared out of the window of the plane, lulled by the sight of the fluffy clouds, in his daddy's arms. Only to suddenly be spooked by a large bird passing by and subsequently erupt into an inconsolable fit of screams. Startling the hell out of Soo and everyone else in first-class.

Except for Gyu, who wickedly shook his head with a grin on his face as he inserted his earplugs, "I told you... And now it begins." 

His cries never-ceasing despite his parents' desperate tries. Up until Jong got up out of his reclining chair to shove a lemon lollipop in the poor child's mouth. Abruptly ending the wailing like magic. 

 

*****

 

10 hours in.

While Sungjong was helping Infi use the toilet everyone could hear her loud rantings through the wall. 

Infi: "But I'm with my people!"

Jong: "What people?"

Infi: "The rich ones!"

Jong: "Oh, that's right. So then would you like to fly the plane?"

Gyu: Instantly wakes up by sheer Oh  Daddy Instincts and runs to the bathroom to stop these shenanigans. 

However, the idea was already securely placed in Infi's head...

Thankfully, the pilot didn't mind letting Infi and Ubi into the cockpit for a few minutes. No flying allowed though. 

 

 

++++++++++

 

GYU'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!