Good News

Infinite Daddies

 

 

 

 

Gyu was working on a new song in his home studio one afternoon (on his day off) when he felt a gentle tug on his pant leg. Looking down to spot his naughty toddler nervously fiddling with her thumbs after quietly sneaking in unnoticed. "Yes, baby?" he asked after checking the clock. Sure, he'd lost track of time, but dinner shouldn't be ready yet. I mean, Woohyun'd boasted about preparing a whole- feast in honor of his "benevolent bleeding heart" that morning. Whatever that meant... "Did you have an accident?"

"Umm...yes," Infi cautiously agreed, as she considered it as such. Before going on to anxiously ask him, "Appa, do you want the good news or bad news?"

Gyu, now noticeably frowning down at her as his Infi instincts began to really kick in at that point. Knowing full-well that she typically didn't rat herself out unless things got too serious for her to handle on her own. Alas, he voted for the "good news," first. To at least get things off on a good start.

To which, his daughter began nervously swaying side to side as she soon confessed, "...Umm, I learned my lesson."

"...And the bad news?" his face grew more stern with her ambivalent responses. 

Infi looked behind her - directly at the cracked door that she'd left open - before humming. The bright light from the hallway illuminating the dimly lit room, "Appa...would you still love me if I set the house on fire?" Patiently awaiting his reaction, almost as it wasn't really that big a deal and all. Even as a light haze of what looked like smoke began pouring in along the ceiling.

"Inf--..." Gyu was about to go off on her when he caught himself. Internally scolding his inner demons for wanting to hurt his own child. When it dawned on him, his room hadn't completely been swallowed up in smoke yet, and he didn't really smell anything burning. That was nice. And, bonus, he hadn't heard his husband's blood-curdling screams or spotted any singe marks or other injuries on her. Which meant that it obviously wasn't that bad. That, plus, Infi was oddly calm about nearly killing everyone, you know. Nevertheless, he needed to hear it for himself before saving Infinite's dorm while he still had a chance, "Infi, did you set the house on fire?"

"All--Alle-ge-ged--ly..." 

Gyu just sighed in defeat at that point, "Alright, go ahead and show me...Appa will see what he can do..."

"Ok," she replied as she held her hand out to lead the way. 

"But take me straight there." All the while pulling his shirt up over his nose despite already having to bend over in order to keep ahold her hand as they each exited the room. The smoke becoming more prevalent and thicker as they reached the kitchen. Where it was discovered that Woohyun was nowhere in sight. Alarming Gyu, "Where's Daddy?" 

Only for said-man to finally be discovered in the conjoining living room. Coughing as he tossed the fire extinguisher aside before opening up a window, "Oh God..."

"Woohyun, what happened out here!?"

His husband coughed again, "What do you think happened? Our little hellion set the damn house on fire!"

"What!? Really!?" Gyu panicked in response as if he'd somehow been blissfully unaware beforehand. When in reality he'd just been at a loss for words upon seeing his entire living room doused in foam. Even as the blaring fire alarm finally went off above their heads. "A-Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. But, Hyung, it's all gone! Destroyed! Decimated! There's no saving it! Hyung, we can't fix this!"

"Oh my God, is it really that bad!?" Gyu gasped. 

"Yeah, we'll have to buy her a whole new one!"

"I--Wait, what?"

"Infi's dollhouse," Woohyun clarified, "She lit a piece of wood on fire and tried to cook with it in her plastic kitchen. And it just--it just went up in flames!"

"I--I? How big was that stick!?" Seeing as Infi's dollhouse was actually a very big/expensive one (which was why it was in the living room instead of her own bedroom). But at the point, Gyu just face-palmed himself as he slowly dropped to his knees, to Infi's level, for more details, "Infi...did you set our house or your dollhouse on fire?"

"My dollhouse."

Leading Gyu to sigh in relief. But wait, "Ya!? Dammit, Woohyun, if she only set her dollhouse on fire then why does our entire living room look like a disaster zone!?"

Woohyun sweatdropped, "We--Well..you see, Hyung... I can't aim well.."

Gyu twitched, "You? Can't? Aim? Well?"

"Ha...Ha..Ha...I missed the first few times...It's really powerful~." Woohuyn pouted as cutely as possible in his defense.

"And..pray tell..Hubby, why is it still smokey in here?"

"Umm.." Woohyun shrugged, "Oh--Oh, !" before running back into his kitchen and swiftly asserting, "Everything's fine in here! Don't come, I've got it under control!"

"..."

"Yes, everything is completely under control~! Nothing's burning!"

"Right..." Gyu then sarcastically nodded his head, "Everything's peachy. So I'll just go back to my studio and let you handle all of this. Ok?" Petting their devious toddler on the head to reassure her that she wasn't as eternally grounded as Daddy was for all of this mess. Before actually heading back to their bedroom, instead, in order to retrieve pills for his very real headache before moving forward.

Only to hear the fire extinguisher mysteriously go off again ten seconds later and running back out to check on the two of them. Only, this time, to discover that the kitchen had, in fact, consecutively caught on fire too. ...Seeing as Woohyun'd up and abandoned it, to get Infi's disaster under control. "...How do you both set the house on fire in one day!!??"

 

 

++++++++++

 

I think it's genetic, haha. Infi's learning bad cooking habits from Daddy. Haha

Infi: "My steaks don't look like Daddy's. Maybe if I use real fire they'll be tasty?... I'll steal this match."

Meanwhile, Daddy was too focused on his glorious feast to keep a close eye on her. Only sniffing the smoke after it was nearly too late. So, yeah...they now have a big burnt patch on the carpet. And just went out and bought all new furniture after Gyu forgave him... "At least we had a working fire exstinguisher.." Unlike Yeol's gag extinguishers. 

Also, yes, she just sat there and watched the flames grew bigger and bigger like the pyromaniac that she'll surely grow up to be, "Oh? ...Oh, no.."