Cooking Cooking

Infinite Daddies

 

 

 

"Sungyeol's Cooking Class Is Officially Opened!" Yeol shouted from Infinite's shared kitchen - in the middle living space connecting all of their apartments. Because he was hungry for a snack, but also wanted to play with the girls.

Knowing that neither girl ever passed up on the chance to be a "Little Assistant."

And right on cue, "Kyyaa~!! What are we making!? What are we making!?" Infi came running over. Joining Ubi, who was already, lightning fast, right there standing on top of her Assistant Stool.

"Ne, what are we cooking today Uncle Yeollie~?" Ubi squeaked with excitement.

"Dududududududududud," Yeol mimicked a drum on top of the kitchen counter, "Today we're making Frito Pie!"

"Frito Pie!?" Infi jumped for joy, "Wait--what's Frito Pie? What kind of fruit is a Frito?" Since the only pies that she knew of were filled with fruit.

"Ahh~" Yeol shook his index finger, "but Fritos are not fruit. They are chips," showing her the bag.

"Ooo~" Infi nodded, "So it's still a pie though..?" 

"Yes. A delicious pie!" he assured her.

"Ok, let's do this!" she cheered, but not before washing her hands in the sink.

Ubi too, who also quickly spotted the can of chili, "Uncle Yeollie, what's that for?"

"Ah-ha," Yeol picked it up, "This is our other main ingredient, chili~"

"Chili?" Ubi cocked her eyebrows while imagining an actual pie made of chili. "...I think I like cherry pie better..."

"Oooo~ but you don't know~" he . "Now let's begin! Step one, open the can of chili!"

"Done!" Infi eagerly volunteered as she tried to grab the can opener.

But of course, "Wait," Yeol snatched it up, "Uncle Yeollie has to attach it first." 

"Oh right," she pouted, "But I still get to spin it, right?"

"Right," Yeol smiled. Clicking the sharp edge into the top of the can and holding it steady - as he let her twist the large gear moving it forward.  

"Ok, Step Two," he announced after carefully discarding the metal lid in the trashcan, "pour the chili into a big bowl."

"My turn!" Ubi shouted, ready to go. Hugging the large can as she tipped it over into the blue bowl. But she wasn't strong enough, so Yeol ended up holding it sideways for her while she used a large spoon to scoop it out.

"Good job girls!" he cheered, congratulating them. "Right! Now It's my turn. I get to put the bowl into the microwave, after covering it with a lid. Yay~!"

"Ok, now," Yeol continued, "while our chili is heating up, I'm going to give you both a small bowl."

"I want the pink one!" Infi shouted.

"I want green!" Ubi added.

"Alright, alright," he laughed as he handed both girls their favorite bowls. "Ok, now both of you get forks."

"Pink, pink, pink!"

"Green, greeeeen!"

"Alright, alright," he laughed again. "Now, we wait." Popping open a bag of Cheetos to snack on while waiting... Counter-productive? Yes.

Meanwhile, Ubi and Infi continuously bombarded him with questions. Questions about pies. Questions about fruits, chips, beans, dogs and whatever else popped into their curious little minds in the span of three minutes.

*Ding*

"Ah! It's done, It's done!" Infi squealed.

"Open it!" Ubi impatiently added. Giggling while sneakily stealing a Cheeto from Yeollie. 

"Ne~" he scooped a little chili into both of their bowls, after stirring it, "Now remember, don't touch it, it's still hot."

"Ok!"

"Ok!"

"Now--"

But Infi still complained, "I still don't see how this is a pie.."

"But it is, it is~. It's a very special pie~" he reassured her, "Ok?"

"...Ok.." she pouted.

"But instead of being covered in bread, like normal pies," he excitedly added, "it's covered in Fritos~,' as he poured them into their bowls too.

"Mmmm..." Ubi whined, seeing this monstrosity before her. Beginning to feel upset, because she already had her hopes up for a real pie. 

"Aww don't cry, Ubi~. You'll like it," Yeol her hair. "You like cheese, right? We're supposed to add cheese next. We can also add sour cream and chives."

Both Infi and Ubi exchanged suspicious looks with each other, their earlier excitement depleted. But they still followed the rest of Yeol's advice. Before playing Rock Paper Scissors to choose who was the guinea pig this round.

Infi lost. Reciting, "Bottoms up," as she shoved her fork inside. No, you're right, she's not supposed to know that phrase...Blame Jongie this time. "Oh!?" she blinked, "It's really crunchy." Biting into a Frito first before the chili, "Oooooh?" Next, she tried the sour cream and chives, "Yuck!" pushing it off to the side. But overall, "I give the Not-A-Pie an 8."

"8?" Ubi gasped. Taking her own first bite - avoiding the yuck. "Omo? I like it!" 

"You like it? An 8? Alright!" Yeol cheered, "Eat up! Eat Up!"

"Uwa! I like this too!" Ubi suddenly exclaimed, having tried the sour cream.

"Ewww!!" Infi still avoided it like the plague.

Meanwhile, "Now, me~" Yeol giggled while making his own bowl, as he watched the girls scarf down their own.

*blink blink* 

"Umm Uncle Yeollie," Ubi stopped eating to ask him yet another question, "What's that called?"

"Huh?" Yeol looked up at her, "My Frito Pie?"

"No," Infi laughed, "That's a Cheeto Pie!"

"What--?" he looked down, "Omo," laughing. "I guess it is!" because he'd accidentally poured his remaining Cheetos into the bowl instead. Already topping them off with sour cream and chives.

 

**********

 

Later that evening.

Gyu squinted accusingly at Yeol, "And who gave you the right to be a chef?"

"The right?" Yeol cautiously inquired, "Because of the Cheetos mistake? Honestly, it wasn't that bad..." 

"Ya! Yes, the right?" Gyu scoffed, "Do you know how many annoying questions about pies that I had to answer all day!?"

"Ah..haha," Yeol chuckled. Playing around, "But I am a chef~ Don't you know~?"

But Gyu wasn't amused as he sarcastically replied, "Yeah...a chef with the amazing ability to turn apples into fortune cookies.." referring to their "Man in Love" MV.

"But of course~ hehe. I can make anything with alchemy~" Yeol wiggled his magic fingers.

"Sungyeol, stop teaching my daughter to cook..."

"Oh come on, she likes it!"

"Stop it!"

"But I can cook~" Yeol pouted. The next day, pulling the other members in to support his argument that he, "just wanted to play with them~"

However, his initial intention faded away, as they instead turned the conversation into a running joke of pretending that Yeol's magical cooking skills were legit.

In fact, somehow everything that they ever did in an MV turned into total fact.

But of course, Gyu wasn't amused at all, "You guys do know that our music videos aren't real, right? Like we don't randomly self-combust in alleyways!!!!!" 

"Ya!" Myungsoo shouted offensively at him. Suddenly fully engrossed in his Destiny persona, "Yes, we do! I did, at least! It really hurt too, you jerk! I was just walking along, mourning my unrequited love. Grieving for my aching heart, and bam, I self-combusted into smoke!!"

"You did!?" Hoya gasped, "Oh my God, I did too! I remember being totally engulfed in flames!"

 

++++++++++

 

Yeah, two days in a row!

It's an unplanned chapter, un-thought-out - so it ain't too great, though. hehe

 But I had to, my dad just legit accidentally made a Cheeto Pie. Right after I pointed out three whole bags of Fritos. lol