Self-Worth

Infinite Daddies

 

 

 

Infi was rambling over dinner at a Chinese restaurant one night about how a group of goofy high schoolers had visited her daycare that morning. After their own teacher had instructed them to create a fun and interesting presentation on the importance of having a positive attitude and self-confidence for the small wide-eyed children. 

Two things that, clearly, Infi did not need help on. However, she very much enjoyed their colorful outfits and little dance numbers.

Especially their funny skit where they kept asking each other how much they were all worth to each other, "Am I worth this candy bar?"

"No."

"Am I worth this shoe?"

"No."

"Am I worth a car?"

"Still no."

"What about an entire whale!?"

"Sorry, still no."

"A T-rex!?"

"Nope."

"Then what am I worth?"

"You are worth all of those things, plus more. You are worth a thousand stars, a million sunflowers, a billion dollars, and endless love. Plus, an entire unicorn. Because everyone is priceless. We are all special and unique."

Regardless, Infi'd spent the last ten minutes telling Daddy and Appa all about it. And then estimating how much she must personally be worth since she was extra special. Before brazenly assuring herself out loud, "Ne, I'm worth every penny/won in Appa's bank account." The most-est thing/the thing that mattered most in the world. The greatest thing.

When Gyu stared at his daughter judgementally upon realizing that she was only thinking in dollar signs. Like how much a candy bar, car, and unicorn would actually cost her... Measuring her "importance" in money. Which wasn't what the high schoolers had intended. But, he just knew where this was going next. Soon she'd ask him to buy her something expensive again.

However, just then he felt Woohyun reach his hand into his back pocket and steal his wallet. Dumbfounding him as he then watched his husband open it up and dump out all of his pocket change right there in front of their infant daughter. 

Who, then gladly snatched it all up and hoarded it to herself. The look on her face priceless as she shouted, "Mine, mine mine!"

Following, Gyu asked him accusingly, "What did you do that for?"

Woohyun handed back his wallet, "She thinks that your wallet is the actual bank."

 

 

++++++++++

 

Appa's bank account is the greatest thing in the universe!

Yeah~. haha