Cupcakes

Infinite Daddies

 

Just a quickie! Quick write. 

Right now I'm actually working on a longer chapter, titled "Doctor Infi." But before that, here's this!

 

Original Inspiration: James Breakwell, Exploding Unicorn's Twitter account. (Seriously, follow him! He has the best tweets about his adorable daughters!)

@XplodingUnicorn

 

Specific Tweet:

3-year-old: *face covered in frosting*

Me: Were you eating cake?

3: No. I just kissed it.

 

And now to Infi-fy it!

 

++++++++++

 

 

Woohyun: Walks outside to check on Infi and Ubi. Who, were supposed to be playing nicely with their "doggies." Only to, instead, find a disastrous mess of smeared and smashed cupcakes all over the backyard. "Ai..goo...?"

Infi: currently smashing together two cupcakes into one big one - inside of her tiny hands. Icing all over her face and clothing.

Ubi: equally as smothered in icing as she shoves an entire cupcake into her wide-open mouth. As if she's experimenting to see if she can swallow it whole.

Woohyun: "Wha--how..?" he walks towards Infi and squats down next to her - still in a state of pure dumbfounded shock. How did this happen? They'd only left the girls alone for 20 minutes. "..."

Infi: hasn't noticed her daddy yet, as she lifts up the cupcake fusion towards her face.

Ubi: gags for a second, behind Woohyun's back. But then coughs it out the next. She's ok. Tries again.

Woohyun: panics as he watches Ubi clear her airway - until she resumes her pastry feast. Then turns back to his own daughter. Gently pushing her own cupcake monster away from her face before she can choke on it too. And asking, "Baby...where did you find all of these cupcakes..?"

Infi: stares up at her daddy - only slightly disturbed by his sudden interruption. Before flatly responding, "That's none of your concern."

Woohyun: dumbfoundedly blinks.

Infi: looks back down at the cupcakes in her hands. Somewhat pleased with herself, yet not totally satisfied as she lifts it back up - level to her face.

Woohyun: before she can do it, he asks the next obvious question, "..Why do you have cupcakes?" To eat them, duh! ...But then again, this is Infi.

Infi: blinks before looking back up at him. Back towards her cupcake monster, and then back at him impatiently. Yet innocently confesses, "Ubi and I wanted to have a snowball fight."

Woohyun: "Oh? But there's no snow right now, Sweetheart," Woohyun reasoned with her. Sure it was cold, but it wasn't snowing.

Infi: "I know. That's why we have cupcakes."

Woohyun: blink blink. "Ok...then they're for...snowball fighting?"

Infi: looks back at the cupcake again, "Ne. We were supposed to have a cupcake war..."

Woohyun: blink blink, "uh huh..?"

Infi: "But," she pouts as she lowers her cupcake monster and sighs, "Ubi only keeps eating them..."

Woohyun: blink blink

Infi: "Daddy...can I eat snow?"

Woohyun: blink blink, "No, Baby."

Infi: "..."

Woohyun: "..."

Infi: "...Also, Spiri keeps burying them," she added. Pointing to said-doggie digging holes in the backyard. 

Woohyun: "...Ok.." he was still so, so lost. With no idea where the cupcakes even came from.

Infi: "..."  waits for Woohyun's next interruption. But after a while, it doesn't come. So she takes her daddy's silence as permission to resume her previous activity and slams the cupcake against her forehead. "Yeh-he-hesss!!"

Woohyun: is knocked back by the unexpected sight before him. 

Infi: giggles madly before running off to construct her next cupcake headbutting masterpiece.

Woohyun: quirks his eyebrows at his strange...strange child, "...You're headbutting them?"

Infi: "Yes!"

Woohyun: "..." blink blink.

Infi: stops in her tracks, "Wait? What did you think I was doing?"

Woohyun: "Well...I thought--?" he pursed his lips in second thought, "No. No, this is right. This is exactly what I thought..." Not really, but, you know, it seemed right. Subconsciously Woohyun knew that headbutting cupcakes fit right in with his daughter's normal behavior.
 

Who cares where they came from, this whole situation was just, "So Infi." 

 

++++++++++

 

Cause, you know, headbutting is more of "Infi's style," rather than "kissing" cakes.  

Though, admittedly, she did eat a few of them.

 

ALSO: Which Infinite member should I give more love to? I realize that I use Woohyun a lot, that's because I love the Woohyun-Infi dynamic. But I'm going to try and avoid him for a bit (after the next chapter).