The Past

More Than Just A Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
More than just a Troublemaker
WAYS 2015 Fanfiction
By: ReinAstraea / JeRein_14

 

🎶🎵🎶

 

Chapter 37

 

  It happened so fast. 

  One moment, I was standing near my classmates as we waited for the traffic light to turn red. I was especially standing near Eun Bi who was engaged in a conversation with her twin, as well as with Cha Song Joo and Lee Shijin. I was aware that i'm in a daze, my eyes almost turning blank as small glimpses of memories started to flash through my mind. 

  I can't think clearly. Heck, the idea of thinking hurts! 

  It was when that shout that rang through my ears that did it. When I digested the scene in front of me, my mind automatically shut down. I don't know how but my body worked on its own.

BEEP! BEEP! 

  "GONG TAEKWANG!"

  I heard my classmates shout at me, Eun Bi being one of them. I heard them but did nothing to stop myself. I can't stop myself. I was in the middle of a flashback with only fear, instinct and adrenalin pushing my body to move and work on its own. 

~~

  I can see her. She's wearing that denim jumper over a yellow shirt and black doll shoes. Her ebony black hair still tied in high pigtails. Her lips spread in a wide grin, her eyes lighting with utmost innocence. In her hands was the shiny red ball that she loved to play. The same one our mother gave her on her birthday two years ago. 

  The place.. Damyang. A few blocks from our vacation house. It was almost nightfall, the sun seemed to have just set a few minutes ago. The orange tinted sky proved that. Soo Jin and I were walking beside the street. We just came back from playing in our favorite park, the one nearest to our house. Mom was wrapped up with a long due conversation with our neighbors that day, I recall, so she didn't accompany us. Dad was locked at his personal study, probably doing some office work. It was supposed to be our vacation but he's still working. No one was surprised by that anymore. 

  We were contently walking side by side, my left hide firmly grasping her right as we trekked the streets. Soo Jin was almost bouncing beside me, animatedly telling me the story of how she became friends with her classmate who seemed to be too shy for her own good. As she did so, I noticed my shoe lace undid. I chose to drop my hold on her hand and bend down to tie it. 

  Letting her hand go.. That proved to be the worst decision of my life..

  As I crouched down, I failed to notice that she had dropped her ball in the process. I failed to notice how said ball rolled in the middle of the streets. I failed to notice how she left my side to ran after it. I failed to notice the incoming car that was speeding down the street. 

  What I did notice was the feeling of overwhelming dread and grief that went up my spine at that moment. 

   "OPPAAAAAA–"

  It was then when I chose to lift my head up. Complete and utter horror filled me as I registered the scene in front of me. I wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter