Not the best timing..

More Than Just A Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
More than just a Troublemaker
WAYS 2015 Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14 / ReinAstraea

 

🎶🎵🎶

 

Chapter 17

 

  I went home that day with a heavy heart. Go Eun Bi stayed by my side most of the day. She comforted me and helped ease the pain. She stayed true to her words. As I revealed my life story, she intently listened. Eun Bi never once interrupted me while I spoke, which i'm truly grateful for. After confessing, she gave me a sincere smile. One filled with appreciation and contentment. I returned it with a genuine smile of my own. I felt calm. Like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulder. I asked her to keep it a secret. That I don't need people prying into my personal life and issue. She promised me that she will. At that moment, I knew I wouldn't regret telling her. She's my bestfriend afterall.

  Way pass 4 pm, she offered to walk me home, which I immediately refused. I already burdened her with my problems. I didn't want to bother her even more. She was reluctant to let me go by myself but with a few more convincing, she eventually left me on my own. I locked myself in my room once I got home. That night, I heard Ahjumma calling me twice for dinner. I ignored her. She even came up to my room and knocked on my door. She obviously was against the idea of me skipping dinner but she knew she wouldn't be able to persuade me. For most of the night, I just laid awake on my bed, staring at the ceiling. 

  When I couldn't take it anymore, I took my phone from my bed side table and dialed Minhyuk Hyung's number. I was sure that he was awake. It was only 11 pm after all. 3 rings, he picked up. 

  "Maknae? What's up? It's pretty late.."

  "Hey, hyung.. I just need to tell you something."

  "Well, spill. I'm listening!" His voice wasn't laced with irritation or impatience. He was genuinely curious and worried about what's bothering me. 

  "Remember that time I called you at the middle of night? I asked for advice?"

  "About that singing contest? Yes, Jae. Why? Have you decided already?" I in a breath. It's now or never. There will be no turning back. 

  'Why can't you do anything right?! God! You're such a nuisance! A delinquent and troublemaker who can't do anything but pick up fights!' Gong Byul's words pierced through my heart like a knife. My resolve to prove her wrong burned like golden fire. I'm not just a troublemaker. I also happened to be BTOB's maknae. 

  "Yes.. I know what to do now." A few seconds of silence engulped us. I'm sure he was nervous of my response. It's kind of a big deal after all. At least to my hyungs it is. They had been encouraging me to go back to singing, something I never thought i'll ever consider again. I stopped after dropping out of the group, right before debut. I told myself that i'll stop singing for good. That that aspect of my life is over and done with. 

  I guess I was wrong.. 

  "... And?" my response slipped off my mouth, almost unconsciously. 

  "I'll join, hyung. I want to sing again."

  We talked more after that. I can practically hear Minhyuk Hyung smiling over the phone. At that moment, I somehow knew I did the right thing. We both gone over the details of the contest. I told him the exact date and time. I kind of grew nervous when he said he'll inform the other hyungs. I'm sure that they would want to come. I just hope this visit would end better than the last one. He promised me that they'll be there. That he'll make sure that their schedules are clear by then.. I didn't want to get my hopes up since they're busy but I know my hyungs. They'll do everything in their power to make sure they get what they want. Minhyuk Hyung also made me promise to come by the company this coming weekend. He said that they'll help me prepare for the contest. 

  I guess I got an advantage. I have 6 hyungs who are idols that spent most of their teenage years training and practicing. Meaning, I have 6 talented coaches that can help me prepare my voice for the contest. It's true that 3 of them are rappers but still.. despite their group position and role, my rapper hyungs CAN SING. BTOB is a vocal group after all, with 6 vocals and 6 rappers. 

  We both hang up just a few minutes before midnight, a small smile was playing on m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter