Rage of Gong Byul

More Than Just A Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
More than just a Troublemaker
WAYS 2015 Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14 / ReinAstraea

 

🎶🎵🎶

 

Chapter 15

 

  I spent the weekend thinking over Teacher Kim's offer. The phone call with Minhyuk hyung lasted almost half an hour. It was fruitful, to say the least. While most of the call consisted of yawns from his side, hyung did managed to give me a decent advice. Despite being in a sleepy and trancelike state, his mind seemed to at least be working and functional. 

  For those two days, I was mostly lounging in my room, playing with my arcade game machines. Even by doing that, my mind was still preoccupied. How am I going to approach this? What are the consequences if I did?

  If I did join, what are the chances that they'll find a connection between me and BTOB? 

  Right?

~~

  Now monday, I decided to go along with one of Gong Taekwang's delinquent habits; being late. Almost half an hour into the first class was when I decided to stride inside the room, gracing everyone with my presence. I strode with confidence, every step filled with arrogance and carelessness. My arrival caused disturbance, as I had expected, with several heads turning towards my direction. The teacher was momentarily distracted as well, halting her class to scold me and even forgetting what part of the lesson she was at, if not for the class president who pointed it out. 

  Flashing the teacher a grin filled with mischief, I paid her no more attention as I slumped down on my chair. Seeing as I wasn't listening at all, she sighed, still annoyed and irritated, but decided to just let me off with a warning. Not waiting for my response (not that I was planning to respond), she continued on with her interrupted lesson. 

  The day carried on, painfully slow if I must say. During second period, we were given time to discuss about our booth for this year's Founding Anniversary. By third period, our class had already chosen the name, theme and concept. Our class president also had it approved by Teacher Kim. As to what it is.. Something about selling pastries and sweets? I didn't really bother listening during the discussion as my mind was off somewhere else. I had my head lying on my desk the whole time. Though I did heard the class being split into half, entirely gender-based. The girls wanted to sell sweets while the boys liked the idea of a shooting game (like those in amusement parks).

  Since there are more girls in our class.. Well, to make it short. The sweets won. That's the only thing I heard–and care to remember–as I dozed off after that argument. Probably because the next part of the discussion included the not-so-exciting planning of the booth such as who's in charge of the cooking, selling and the shifts. 

  After lunch, we were given instruction by the teacher to work on our booth for the remainder of the day. He left us on our own not long after since the Principal had asked for a meeting with all the faculty staff. I can faintly remember him saying that it was supposed to last till after school hours so our other classes was cancelled as well. Despite that, we were still not allowed to leave the school premises. Tsk. Bummer. 

  My classmates started working on our booth. Class President already assigned a few of us to bring materials last friday, knowing full well that the preparation officially starts today. The guys lifted all the chairs and placed them in a corner while the girls brought out all the materials. From what they laid on the floor, I can see a couple of cans of paint, at least 3 bundles of newspaper, paintbrushes, glue and other common stuffs like that. 

  The class, mostly the girls, had gathered at the center of the room and started discussing what to do. I, along with some male classmates, were scattered throughout the room, just watching them. Those who weren't in the center were mostly those lazy students who wishes to not be involved in helping. That includes Kwon Gi Tae's small group. Sighing boredly, I sat on the nearest chair. The thought of sleeping was really tempting. 

  As I closed my eyes I heard a few raised voices. Figured that it won't take long before the girls started an argument. From what I heard, it's something about what color to use for the sign board. And not surprisingly, it was Gong Byul and Jo Haena who were in the middle of it. Those two didn't really get along. I guess we should have seen it coming from the start. Haena likes bossing people around while Gong Byul hates being told what to do. They're the two alpha females who's fighting for superiority in our class. As for who the alpha male is... I don't think the guys in my class really care. They just like minding their own business. 

  Seeing as I won't be able to have an eye shut with all the noise, I just lifted my head and watched them.  The class decided to go in between the two quarreling females by then. Well, there goes my only source of entertainment. Half an hour later, class president came back with Swimmer boy, bringing two pieces of smooth wood. They probably asked the janitor for it. Everyone started working from then on. 

  An hour later, Class President approached me. Apparently, he didn't like that I was slacking off while everyone was working so he gave me a task. Tsk. I would have said no if it weren't for Eun Bi who gave me a disapproving look when I refused to move. According to him, since I had been 'improperly' using my above-the-average level of physical strength (in puny figh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter