New Friendship

More Than Just A Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
More than just a Troublemaker
WAYS 2015 Fanfiction
By: ReinAstraea / JeRein_14

 

🎶🎵🎶

 

Chapter 30

 

  "Jae Oppa? I miss you.." My eyes snapped downwards, settling on the form of an extremely familiar little girl who stood in front of me. 

  "W-What?" I let my eyes wonder around, my blood ran cold as I recognized the place. It was a cemetery. The sun was hiding behind a thick layer of dark clouds. The surrounding trees were covered in snow, their leaves rustling because of the cold breeze. Gray gravestones were planted around me, aligned properly with blankets of snow covering them. I looked back at the young girl that called out to me. I stared at her in pure horror. She stood behind a gravestone, her small hands slowly crept towards the stone, gripping it tightly. A look of longing and grief on her young feature. 

  She stood there, looking up at me in her 5-year-old form. She was wearing the same clothes she had on during the accident years ago. A denim jumper over a yellow shirt and black doll shoes. Her ebony black hair tied in high pigtails. She looked the same as before. Too much that it hurts. 

  "Oppa?" My eyes watered as they settled on the name written on the tombstone. My legs gave out. I slumped on the once grassy ground that was now covered in heaps of snow. My lower lip quivered as my breathing became heavy, every breath resulted to moist cloud or vapor in the winter air. 

  "W-Why?" Was the only word I could utter out. I was speechless. My chest ached painfully at the sight 

  "I'll be waiting for you, Oppa.." I don't know what happened after that. My vision was suddenly clouded by black spots. The last thing I recall seeing was the tombstone she was stood behind at. The words engraved on the gray stone glared at me, daring me to forget what was written. 


  Yook Soo Jin

~~

  I yawned tiredly, massaging my nape as I trudged lazily towards my classroom. The Founding Anniversary of the school was done but that doesn't mean our academics were over as well. Our teachers made it clear even before the start of the events that we'll still carry on with our regular classes once the celebration is done and over with. Thankfully, the booth clearing were finished. I didn't have to worry about extra work and lifting today. The teachers made sure the students had cleared out their class booths yesterday before the singing contest started. An hour before it began, the Student Council President had announced over intercom that the festival is over. The class advisers supervised as their students cleaned up to make sure everything was in order. 

  I tried to rub the sleep off my eyes. No success. After that nightmare that woke me up at 11 pm last night, I wasn't able to catch even a wink of sleep. Should I even call it a nightmare? Call me crazy but it appeared to me like it's some kind of message or sign. I'm not really that big with Destiny, Fate or Miracles kind of stuff. Heck, I don't even believe in those kind of mushy stuff. But after that dream I had last night? I don't know.. It feels like Soo Jin was trying to tell me something. A message. 

  A message that I understood clearly. 

  Sighing, I fished out my phone from my pocket and typed a message to my hyungs. I sent it at our group chat. If I was going to go through this, I might as well tell them. 

Yook_can_do_it: Hyungs! You free tonight?

  Not even a minute later, my hyungs replied. 

Ilhoonmj: We just have rehearsals for our concert today. Other than that, we're free. 
ImHyunsik: Yep. Why, Jae? 
Lee_cs_btob: Why, Maknae? You treating us out later? 
Yook_can_do_it: You guys up for dinner?
Yook_can_do_it: Buy your own mea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter