Round 1

More Than Just A Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
More than just a Troublemaker
WAYS 2015 Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14 / ReinAstraea

 

🎶🎵🎶

 

Chapter 23

 

👑 3rd Person Point of View 👑

 

  "First off, the rules for this competition. As I mentioned a while ago, each class will have a representative, making it a total of 12 participants all in all. These individuals had been briefed a week prior to the event. They had been practicing since then. Also, they were given strict orders to not disclose any information to the student body. So, don't hold it against them if they didn't tell you. Their identity will be kept hidden until they are unmasked, which will only happen once they are eliminated from the competition. There will be only ONE winner, automatically declaring him or her as the King. There will be three rounds; the first round will be a group performance, the second will be a duet while the final round will be a solo. The king, seeing as he/she wasn't eliminated anywhere in the contest, will perform a special kind of unmasking. A solo stage where the mask will be removed in the middle of the performance!" An uproar was heard from the hyped up crowd as the host gave the instructions and general flow of the contest. 

  "The King for today will receive a special prize from the judges which will be revealed at the end of the contest." That made the audience more excited than they are. 

  "That's not all, apparently. It seems that the school is extra generous today as they decided to reward the class the King will come from. As to what is it... Well, your classmate will have to win to find out." The crowd was practically roaring with excitement at this point. The host smiled in satisfaction, having found energy from the pumped up audience. She gestured the students to quiet down with a wave of her hand. When they did, she started again. 

  "Now that's out of the way, let's start the contest! Are you ready, Sekang High?! If you are, then let the search for the King of Masked Singer begin!" The event started immediately after her announcement. There was no glitches nor technical problems, to which the faculty and staff were thankful for. It was an important event. Messing up wasn't an option at this point. 

  As the first group of 4 entered, all wearing detailed and extravagant masks that effectively covered their identity, the crowd screamed even louder. The noise only died down when the first beat of the music dropped. 

  "Wow.. They're amazing!" Lee Shijin mumbled next to Eun Bi, who was mirroring her expression; mouth slightly opened due to amazement and shock. 

  "Agreed! Are they really just students here? Why haven't we heard of them?!" Cha Song Joo said, her eyes twinkling with excitement as she watched the performance. 

  Eun Bi could only nod her head in agreement. She was only half-listening to the conversations happening around her since she was more focused on analyzing the participants, trying to look for signs and give aways. 

  'That can't be him. He's too short. Not that one either. His body shape doesn't match his.' She sighed, not exactly out of disappointment nor relieved. He's not in this batch, she figured. But did he really join? Or was she just reading into his texts too much? Maybe she misunderstood him? She didn't know what to think. 

  If her suspicions turn out to be right, she honestly doesn't know how to react. Happy that he's doing something new for a change? Amazed that he can sing? Or upset that he didn't tell her? 

  Eun Bi was too engrossed with her thoughts that she realized a bit late that the first group was finished singing. The judges are currently giving out their opinions and comments. Two of the four original contestants were able to advance while the other two was eliminated. They were unmasked, creating a loud ruckus amongst the students who recognized them. 

  When the second group entered, Eun Bi's eyes instantly followed the movements of the only boy in the group. She in a breath. Almost the same height and body frame. Is he..? 

  The moment she heard him sing, she wavered. He sounded too different. At least from his speaking voice. Her eyes stayed on him throughout the contest, searching for Taekwang-like gestures and habits. He found none. Her bestfriend doesn't have a habit of rubbing his hands on his pants. He also doesn't slouch like this guy. A big possibility that he isn't Taekwang.. 

  'Wait.. Since when did I start focusing and observing Taekwang's movements and habits?' She blinked in realization. 

  The second group finished with loud applauds. Eun Bi was a second too late on reacting. She pretty much zoned out on the comments from the judges, clapping only when the others did. The same results as the first one. Two passed while two were unmasked. Eun Bi grew anxious. Hoping to relieve her worries, she took out her phone and constructed a new text. 

 

To: Taekwang-ah
  Yah! What's happening, Gong Taekwang?

 

  She sent the text just in time as the third group entered. Eun Bi needed to bite back a gasp when her eyes landed on the last guy who entered the stage. Is that..?

~~

  "Please welcome on stage, Team C, consisting of Circus Girl, Thor, Cosmos and Mr. Bee!" 4 people wearing elaborate masks came up on stage. One wore a mask with a design resembling a circus tent with purple and yellow stripes.

 

  The second to enter was a guy wearing one that was silver in color that was shape like a battle helmet with a lightning mark in the center.

 

  Cosmos wore a mask that looks like a flower with purple petals.

 

  The last one wore a smiling yellow bee mask with black and yellow stripe pattern that has short antennas. 

 

  The crowd's loud claps died down as the first note and melody was heard from the speaker.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter