Audition

More Than Just A Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
More than just a Troublemaker
WAYS 2015 Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14 / ReinAstraea

 

🎶🎵🎶

 

Chapter 18

 

  The shocked expression on everyone's faces was priceless. I almost snorted. Though, there's one expression that was misplaced and had stood out among the rest. The irritated face of my class adviser. I chuckled wholeheartedly, approaching him while ignoring everyone else. I walked with my head held up high, showing no indication of fear or insecurity. I refuse to show any sign of weakness and uncertainty. 

  "Hey, Teach! Sorry for being late! Got caught up with a few things." I flashed Teacher Kim an easy smile. I stopped in front of him, my right hand lifted halfway to wave at him while the other was stuffed inside my pocket. He gave me a glare. 

  "Just give your minus one to the technical staff and go up on stage. We'll deal with your tardiness later, kid." He gave my shoulder a light shove before ruffling my hair. Scowling, I slapped his hand away then made my way towards the technical booth. 

  I gave the technical staff my phone and instructed him on which song to play. When he gave me the signal that he understood, I made my way towards the stage. I'm certainly aware of the eyes boring holes on the back of my head. Probably from the teachers, the faculty staffs and the other class representatives. Yet, I decided to pay them no mind. I will not let them bother me. I've come this far. I won't back out now. After all the effort I put through just to get here.. 

  That panic attack earlier shook me to the core. It took me almost half an hour just to steady my breathing. Even with the medicine, I still had a hard time breathing. I stumbled my way to the nearest restroom and splashed my face with water. Seeing my appearance in the mirror, my face was ghostly pale. I spent quite long time in there, fixing myself. Hence the reason as to why I was late. I needed to wait for the colors on my face to return. During my time at the restroom, Eun Bi called. She was asking where I was since she didn't see me at the rooftop. I needed to lie and tell her I went home already. 

  Shaking those thoughts away, I needed to focus on the present. This is a battlefield. I'm facing highly discriminatory faculty staffs and competitive students who, judging by the look in their eyes, has no plans on losing and backing out. Their eyes hardened as I feel them following my every move. The only noise that can be heard across the gymnasium were my steps as I climbed the little stairs up on stage. 

  The spotlights shone down on me as I claimed my spot on the very middle of the stage. Readjusting the mic stand, I tried recalling the lessons from my previous voice coaches in my head. Though, nothing seem to come up at this very moment. All I can remember were the vocal exercises they taught me. 

  Sighing, I tried calming myself. Breath in.. Breath out.. Relax, Yook Sungjae. That's when my hyungs' teachings and advices came to mind. 

  'When you sing, you have to feel the music! Let it take over you! Indulge in the melody and feel the rhythm.' That's what Changsub Hyung used to scold me way back when I just started as a trainee. 

  'You have to remember that you're not just singing, Sungjae-ya. You're communicating with your audience. Make them feel your emotions! That's the best and proper way of singing.' That's what Hyunsik Hyung used to tell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter