Confused

More Than Just A Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
More than just a Troublemaker
WAYS 2015 Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14 / ReinAstraea  

🎶🎵🎶

 

Chapter 14

 

  I stayed awake that night. I was tired, the way my eyes are giving up proves that. But whenever I do close them, the scene earlier from school is what I kept on seeing. It's bothering me. More than it should have. It's pathetic. 

  It's easy to say no. To reject his offer. To continue on with my troubled life at Sekang High like nothing happened. Be the disappointment that I am. That's what Gong Taekwang would have done anyway. But I can't help but wonder..

  Is that what Yook Sungjae wants? Is that what I would have done? To miss this opportunity to prove himself? 

  I covered my head with a pillow and groaned loudly. I stared at the ceiling, countless thoughts running through my mind. What's happening to me? Why are my two persona/characters clashing? This never happened before.. And that's what scaring me. 

  What changed? 

  It probably has something to do with what Teacher Kim said earlier. 

~Flashback~

  "Singing contest?! Teacher! Are you crazy?!" I said in disbelief. My eyes widened, almost like it's going to pop out of its sockets. I can't join a freakin' singing contest! 

  "Why do you seem so shocked?" He was taken aback by my reaction. 

  "But Teacher! I c-can't sing!" The lie slipped off my lips smoothly, even before I could stop myself. He was shocked by my declaration. I mirrored his expression, surprised that I could lie about it. 

  My voice is the only thing i'm confident about. Lying about it.. Almighty. I didn't think it would hurt.

  "What are you talking about, Gong Tae? You can sing! I heard you earlier at the rooftop!" He insisted. He stepped away from his table and crouched in front of the desk I was sitting on. We were at eye level now. He took out his phone and showed it to me. It still has that large crack running across its screen. 

  "See this? I was so shocked at what I heard that I dropped my phone! Kid.. Believe me.. You have real talent! You–" I cut him off. He's too invested in this. I can't get his hopes up. He'll just end up disappointed. 

  "I'm sorry, Teacher.. Just look for someone else. I'm just not cut out for this kind of stuff." His face dropped at what I said, though I could tell that he still hasn't given up. 

  "Think about it! This is your chance, Gong Taekwang. To show everyone that there's more to you than what you let on. That Gong Taekwang is more than just a troublemaker." He sounds a bit agitated. 

  He wants me to prove myself? To everyone? 

  "I don't really care about what others think of me–" but he effectively cut me off. 

  "Is that really what you want? I'm not blind, Gong Taekwang. I've been observing you for a while now. I see how other students look at you. I hear what they have to say about you. You try to hide it but I can see that it's hurt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter