Past memories

More Than Just A Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
More than just a Troublemaker
WAYS 2015 Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14 / ReinAstraea

 

🎶🎵🎶

 

Chapter 10

 

  The members dropped me off in front of my house. I told them it wasn't necessary. That I could just take the bus or taxi but since it was so late, they insisted on driving me home. It was little past 11 pm by then. I kept on saying that I'll go home by myself but instead, I got an earful from them. A damn scolding. Geez. And I thought I was being considerate since they were obviously tired and needs ample time of rest. 

  Minhyuk Hyung and Eunkwang Hyung even offered to walk me to my front door. They were worried that i'll get scolded by my father for being home late. As if I hadn't had enough of that already. Of course I declined. I doubt he even noticed I was gone for long. 

  I sighed deeply after managing to shoo my hyungs away. I stared at the stupendous mansion in distaste before gathering the courage to enter. As I had expected, Ahjumma greeted me, her anxiousness showing. 

  "You're finally home! Where were you? It's almost midnight!" She exclaimed, though her voice was soft and gentle. Like how a grandmother would speak to her grandson. 

  "Sorry, Ahjumma. It won't happen again. D-Did.. Uhh.. Did father–"

  "He didn't, Sungjae. He came home an hour ago, went to his office and hadn't gone out since then. " i tried to look relieve. Tried. I didn't want Ahjumma to know that i'm somewhat disappointed that he didn't ask for me. I'm pitiful. I know.  

  "I see."

  "You still haven't answered my question! Where have you been, young man? It's late!"

  "I was out with my hyungs." That explanation was enough apparently, her shoulders deflating ever slightly. The worry lines in her face had also reduced. Ahjumma here trusts my hyungs deeply. Especially regarding my health and well being. In her perspective, nothing bad will happen to me if i'm with them. I just wish my father would as well. Unfortunately, he hates them. For whatever reason, I have no idea. Well.. I do but it's downright ridiculous. For some reason, my old man thinks they're bad influences. Funny since my hyungs are far from that. If anything, they're the roots of my manners. 

  I've known my hyungs for almost 7 years now. Met them when I was barely 12 and well, i've been following them around since then. At that young age, I used to get into LOT of fights and all kinds of trouble. That was my way of rebelling to my father. Yep. I was the typical rebel and troublemaker. I would get into fist fights, trouble with my teachers and had failing grades. All that just to cause my father endless headaches. 

  As to how I ended up with a strain and complicated relationship with him.. That's another story to tell. One that would need to dig deeper into my horrible and traumatic past. Something i'm not ready to go through again. 

   My first meeting with my hyungs wasn't exactly the greatest. It almost ended up to a disaster, to be honest. From what i remember, I was coming out of school that time.. 

~Flashback~

  "Hey! Punk!" I stopped abruptly, turning back to look at the person who was obviously referring to me. I regretted it almost immediately once my eyes settled on the group of boys who called my attention. There were 9 of them, all two grades higher than me. Must be friends with the arrogant guy I unfortun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter