King of the Masked Singer

More Than Just A Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
More than just a Troublemaker
WAYS 2015 Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14 / ReinAstraea

 

🎶🎵🎶

 

Chapter 22

 

👑 3rd person point of view 👑

 

  The first day ended quite successfully for Class 3-C. They managed to meet their quota just in time before they needed to close their booth. As for the second day, they are only required to open their booths for half the day. The afternoon was allotted for the surprise event in which every student is required to attend. No one really knows what this event is or what it is about. The only information they have of it is that it will take place at the gymnasium at exactly 1 in the afternoon. Other than that, the teachers and faculty had effectively shut their mouths and refused to spill. 

  Class 3-C was gathered at their classroom at 7 am, preparing to open their booth for the day. The class president was checking the attendance, having momentarily stop when he reach the name of Gong Taekwang. The guy was nowhere to be found. 

  "He's absent again?" Park Min Joon threw Go Eun Bi a glance, directing his question to her. The girl looked away, shrugging her shoulders. 

  "Maybe he's with that hoobae again. They're getting awfully close lately." Kwon Gi Tae snickered with his little gang. His remark strangely made Eun Bi uncomfortable. For whatever reason, she didn't like the idea of them being close. It made her upset. 

  Go Eun Bi's confused. She felt guilty for treating her bestfriend quite rudely yesterday but can't bring herself to apologize. It's not because she's mad at him. It's just that she didn't want to see him right now. She can't deny it. She was hurt seeing him with that hoobae yesterday. She has a fairly good idea on why but can't find herself to accept it. Not just yet. After all, she doesn't deserve a Gong Taekwang. Not with what she did to him. 

~~

  "Calling the attention of all students of Sekang High. You are required to go to the gymnasium this instant. I repeat, all students are required to go to the gymnasium right now. The surprise event prepared by the school will begin in 30 minutes." That was the announcement from the president of the student council which was heard over the intercoms and speakers scattered all over the school grounds.

  "I wonder what this 'special' event is all about." Cha Song Joo from Class 3-C asked her friends as they entered the gymnasium, followed closely by the rest of their classmates. 

  "It must be big. With all the fuss, it's amazing how they managed to keep the details a secret." Go Eun Byul crossed her arms in front of her chest, sitting down on one of the chairs a few rows near the front and stage.

  "We'll just have to wait and find out." Lee Shijin settled, adjusting her hold on her bag that she placed on her lap. Eun Bi can only hum in agreement. She had other things playing in her mind at the moment. One of those would be the whereabouts of her best friend, Gong Taekwang. She asked her classmates if they had seen the troublemaker but they all answered no. His mysterious absence was starting to worry her. In the end, she tried looking for him. Also to no avail. The wacko was nowhere to be seen. 

  'Maybe he's really absent?' She finally concluded, but there was still a sliver of doubt left in her. 

  Another thing bothering Eun Bi is their current arrangement. They were free to sit wherever they wish to. A class isn't required to sit together for once, which isn't a normal occurence in Sekang High. Every single event the school organized, the students are always required to sit with their classmates. That way, their adviser can keep track of their students and would be easy for them to tell off those who would dare misbehave. Not that big of a deal but it kinda disturbed Eun Bi. It's just strange. 

  Despite that, Class 3-C decided to sit close to each other. Not really side by side but near. They were at close promixity, Eun Bi observed. Guess they didn't feel the need to stray away from the group. Class President and a few of his close friends were sitting 2 rows in front of Eun Bi's group of friends. Kwon Gi Tae was 4 rows behind them. Eun Bi could see some of their classmates 3 seats away to their left, another group were 5 seats away to their right. The rest wasn't that far off. As Eun Bi pondered with her thoughts, her phone vibrated in her coat jacket. It shocked her to see that it was a message from Gong Taekwang! 

 

From: Taekwang-ah
  Yah. Go Eun Bi! Either give me an explanation about yesterday or i'll assume you were just jealous.

 

  Despite just being a message, it made Eun Bi's cheeks flare up. This crazy wacko! <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter