Going on a trip

More Than Just A Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
More than just a Troublemaker
WAYS 2015 Fanfiction
By: ReinAstraea / JeRein_14

 

🎶🎵🎶

 

Chapter 31

 

 The sun wasn't even peeking yet but I was already up, all dressed up with bags packed and ready. Before 5 am, I was out the door. I didn't bother telling my Father about my early departure, nor the fact that i'll be away on a trip for the next three days. Being the Director of my school, i'm sure he's aware of it. Though I'm certain that he didn't care. I won't be surprised if he doesn't know—or didn't really bother knowing anyway—where my class is going. He just doesn't care anymore. 

  Unlike him, Ahjumma did know about it. In fact, she was downright worried after finding out the location. Damyang just doesn't sound that appealing to her after everything that happened there. Though, she didn't stop me. She even helped me pack my bag and cook my breakfast before I left. I didn't question her reaction. She watched me grow after all. I'm sure she knows that I'm more than capable of making my own decisions, especially at this point of my life. No matter how stupid they are. 

  My hyungs, on the other hand, gave off the total opposite reaction. They were baffled and bewildered. I can still picture out their confused reactions. From Eunkwang hyung's widened eyes to Ilhoonie Hyung's jaw drop. It was kind of a hilarious scene. Like something out from a comedy skit or variety show.

  "Hyungs.." It was during that time I asked my hyungs to come eat out, a day after the contest. They weren't able to celebrate my win since my hyungs needed to rush back to the company for a group schedule that day. This was more like a post-celebration party. Despite the fact that they continued eating, I knew they were listening. It was near closing time at that point. The place was not the most known in the area, explaining multiple empty tables, mainly the reason why our group picked it. The staff didn't really paid us that much attention which we were thankful for. At that one hour we spent here, not one recognized my hyungs. Thank the Almighty for that. 

  "Yeah, Maknae?" Eunkwang Hyung asked, slightly tilting his head towards my direction as he continued eating his meal. We were seated at a long table. Minhyuk Hyung and Ilhoonie Hyung were seated on either side of me while Peniel Hyung, Changsub Hyung and Hyunsik Hyung were positioned across me respectively. Eunkwang Hyung was seated at the middle, somewhat acting like the head of the group which he is. 

  "I'm going on a 3-day trip next week.." I purposely trailed off, letting my words hang. It made them curious enough to look at me. 

  "And..?" Hyunsik Hyung asked, his eyebrows raised while munching on a chicken leg. 

  "Well.. We're going to Damyang and I thought you guys would want to know.." And that did it.. They all stopped in the midst of eating and stared at me, shocked and in complete disbelief. Changsub Hyung even dropped his chopsticks. If the situation wasn't so serious, I would have taken a picture. Their reactions were priceless! Too bad I can't get it on camera.. 

  "Umm.. W-Where?" Changsub Hyung asked, dumbfounded. His mouth was still filled with food so his words were a bit muffled. 

  "Err—Damyang.?" I did my best to sound nonchalant. If they see even a hint of hesitation in me, they won't allow me to go. Why am I even asking for their permission, one would ask. They're not my actual brothers, heck we're not even blood related. So why? 

  Our bond goes beyond blood. We may not be related but I see them more as family than anyone else. Even my parents. They practically raised me. Watched me grow. Guided me. Taught me manners. They've done so much more than my actual family did for me. 

  I don't care what other people say. BTOB is my family. They're my home. That's why they deserve to know every significant thing about me. Besides, I just can't lie to them.. Scratch that.. I can lie to them, it's just that.. they always know whenever I did. No one can escape Minhyuk Hyung's mother complex nor Hyunsik Hyung's eagle eyes and sense. I learned long time ago that I'll always get caught so why bother? 

  "But Jae—" Eunkwang Hyung sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter