Jealous?

More Than Just A Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
More than just a Troublemaker
WAYS 2015 Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14 / ReinAstraea

 

🎶🎵🎶

 

Chapter 21

 

👑 3rd Person Point of View 👑

 

  "Who's still not here?" The class president of Class 3-C asked his fellow classmates as he surveyed the room, mentally doing a head count. Mr. Kim, their Class Adviser, had asked him to take note of those students who are absent and late. Just because it's the Founding Anniversary of the school, it doesn't give them a valid excuse to skip for the day. Given that there are no classes for the two days due to the event, every student is still required to come to school. Attendance is a must, an order from the principal that was passed on to every Class President, including Park Min Joon, by the teachers. 

 The class glanced around, murmuring and making sure that their friends are present while the Class president check the attendance.

  "I guess everyone's here–"

  "Gong Tae isn't here!" Cha Song Joo announced, making Park Min Joon look around the room, trying to locate a certain troublemaker. He didn't find him. 

  "Does anyone know where he is?" All eyes turned to the sweet twin sister, who is considered as Gong Taekwang's best friend. The girl blushed at the sudden attention.

  "I don't know where he is, sorry." Go Eun Bi shrugged, taking her phone out to check if she had received any message from the older boy. When she saw nothing, she sighed and pocketed her phone once again. The class shrugged and looked back at their class president who was frowning at the absence of their classmate. 

  "I guess that's too be expected. He has been skipping for the entire week. He's probably not interested or not in the mood." He fixed his eyeglasses and sighed. 

  "Geez. That idiot. He didn't help with the preparation at all! I doubt he'll help with manning the booth too! He doesn't deserve any incentive!" Jo Haena complained, not bothering to hide her annoyance. The rest of the class agreed with her, making Go Eun Bi frown in worry. It is true that Gong Taekwang hasn't helped. The class has the right to be mad at him but don't they get it? Gong Taekwang just had a fight with Go Eun Byul. He's clearly upset and bothered by it. They should give him a break. Eun Bi wanted to voice out her concern but decided against it.

 Eun Bi knew that the whole class has always been wary of her bestfriend. They never spoke ill towards him but never really had been welcoming either. She understood why Gong Taekwang is always reluctant and hesitant of joining the class when invited to hang out. He knew that they didn't trust him completely. That they were cautious and on guard when with him. The invitation wasn't one to be welcoming, it was out of consideration and politeness. 

  The only people exempted to this was her and her friends. Eun Bi could tell that her bestfriend was starting to warm up to them. That he was slowly opening up. Well, that was until the big fight between him and her sister. It created a drift and crack between Gong Taekwang and her friends. Shijin and Song Joo always sided with her sister. Eun Bi, on the other hand, tried to be fair. She didn't want to side with anyone. Though, she felt the need to be by her bestfriend's side more than her sister's. He needs her more now that he has nobody. Eun Bi didn't need to tell her sister about her concerns. She understood and wasn't mad about it. Eun Bi was beyond grateful for that. 

  "I guess i'll have to talk to Teacher Kim about that. I'll mark him absent–" As the president was talking, the door of the classroom opened. In came Gong Taekwang who looked like he just got out of bed, with his messy and untamed black hair. The guy entered the room, not bothering to acknowledge the surprised looks of his classmate. He yawned twice while walking towards his seat. As he dumped his bag on his chair, an unfamiliar shout echoed throughout the room.

  "Taekwang Oppa!" The people inside the classroom looked towards the direction of the door. A 1st year hoobae was standing by the door, a wide smile on her lips as she gazed sweetly at her sunbae who groaned but signaled her to enter. This exchange raised a few eyebrows. Eun Bi, however, was frowning at the scene. 

  'Since when have they been close?' Eun Bi can't help but wonder. 

  "Ara?" The older asked, glancing nervously from his hoobae to his classmates. Unwanted attention. Great. The younger grinned before placing a neatly covered bento box on top of his sunbae's desk. 

  "I remember hearing you say that you don't like cafeteria food so I took the initiative to cook lunch for you, Oppa!" Taekwang's eyes widened slightly, vagualy remembering how he declined Ara's invitation to eat at the cafeteria last week. He reasoned out that he didn't like the food they serve at the cafeteria since they taste bland but in reality, he was meeting up with Eun Bi at the rooftop to have lunch together. Taekwang didn't think she'll take it seriously and go as far as to cook for him. He felt guilty. 

  "Umm.. Y-You didn't need to do that–"

  "Nonsense, Oppa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter