Reward

More Than Just A Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
More than just a Troublemaker
WAYS 2015 Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14 / ReinAstraea

 

🎶🎵🎶


Chapter 28

 

  "Are you really sure about that? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity! Just think about it." 

  Once in a lifetime? I sweat dropped at that. I already completed my training as an idol trainee before. Not to mention that this is actually the 3rd time someone offered to recruit me into their agency. The first time was Starship Entertainment whose agent had heard me singing while I was walking somewhere in the city, headphones plucked in each of my ears. The second one was this supposed big modeling agency who wanted to train me as a model. The third being JYP. 

  Not to count those, I actually had multiple opportunities and chances before. I have the calling cards of multiple successful idol agencies, SM and YG being one of those. This is courtesy of BTOB's–our idol friends who had felt a sense of waste due to my big potential when I wasn't able to debut. Got7, the idols this recruiting agent is managing, is actually one of our closest friends. They, especially Jackson Hyung, would have flipped if they found out their manager is urging me to join their agency. They would have rubbed it on my hyungs' faces. 

  "I'm really sorry sir but i'm sure. Being an idol is not something I have in mind right now." I did felt bad. I saw how the excitement in his eyes shatter when I rejected his offer. I guess he really was excited to find a new trainee. I watch as his shoulders deflate bit, his hands scratching his nape as he sighed deeply. Clear disappointment can be seen in his facial expression. 

  We, the judges and all the contestants, were gathered backstage when I dropped the news. Everyone was looking at me in disbelief, probably shocked that I rejected a good offer and wasted my chance. If only they knew... Urgh. I should have waited for everyone to disperse and told him the news in private. 

  "I guess it can't be helped. I can't really force you, can I?" I gave him a smile and gestured the other contestants.

  "I'm sure you'll find a gem as precious around here. Any of these people would be more than willing to accept your offer, sir. And it's not like they lack in the talent department either." He returned my smile, before looking towards the now expectant crowd.

  "Guess we have some work to do." He said before ushering them away. I was left with the other three judges who was looking at me expectantly. For what, I don't know.. 

  "You don't want to be an idol? Why? Would you prefer to be a singer?" The legendary singer asked me. Her question allowed me to connect the dots. So that's why they were looking at me expectantly. They thought I wanted to accept someone else's offer. 

  "It's actually more complicated than that..." I hesitated, debating whether I should tell them or not. It's mostly unlikely that we'll cross paths after this. If I do tell them, it's not like they can connect me to BTOB. They'll just mistake me as some trainee.. 

  "How so?"

  "You see.. I'm already committed to another entertainment company." They looked at me, eyes shining in understanding. They glanced at each other and shrugged. 

  "I guess it can't be helped. That whole recruiting thing was a secret. We can't really assume that all contestant isn't already a trainee." Lee Sun Hee said. The other two nodded at her. 

  "If he's already committed to a company, that means he has a contract. It would cause trouble he breaks it." The composer judge clarified. 

  "True. It's just a shame that he can't fully enjoy his reward." The voice coach said. 

  "If you don't mind me asking.. Which company are you contracted with?" They looked at me in anticipation. 

  "Cube Entertainment." I declared, pride in my voice and a wide smile on my face. They returned it. 

  "Ahhh.. That company.. They really know how to snatch amazing talents, do they? They already have 4 minute, Beast and Apink. Not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter