Gong Byul's resolve

More Than Just A Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
More than just a Troublemaker
WAYS 2015 Fanfiction
By: ReinAstraea / JeRein_14

 

🎶🎵🎶

 

Chapter 29

 

  Gong Byul stopped once she was directly in front of me. A bit taken aback by her sudden attack, I wasn’t able to push myself to reply. Why is she talking to me? I thought she’s mad at me? But.. why?

  There’s a look of hesitance in her eyes, something I never thought I’ll ever see in Go Eun Byul. Just what is she planning?

  “Gong Tae..” Her voice.. There’s something different about it.. There’s no edge to it. No sharpness. Why is that?

  “Wae?” I answered, my tone unfriendly. I can’t tell what she’s thinking nor planning to do, the very reason why i'm keeping my guard up.. Her eyes, though. It bothers me. They don’t hold the same level of confidence and fierceness it usually does.

  Why is that?

  “Gong Tae.. I-I’m..” Her words died down. She looked down. Why can’t she hold my gaze like she normally does? What’s the deal with this Gong Byul? I looked at her. Really looked at her. At that moment, I realized. I regained my cold and uncaring composure. 

  I just continued looking at her, a bit troubled whether I should interrupt or not. What she's doing is really a big blow to her pride. Despite it being unnecessary since I'm not really mad at her, I can't find it in myself to stop her. Apologizing is good for her after all. It'll serve as a good lesson for Gong Byul.

  "I.. Ahhh.. I mean.. I uhh.. Gong Tae.. I.." Seeing the uneasy and anxious expression on her face made me guilty.. I sighed, a bit disappointed. I guess she's not ready.. She can't do it after all. Not just yet at least. I placed a hand over her head, making her stop. Shocked, she looked at me with wide eyes. 

  "Look.. Go Eun Byul.. Don't force yourself too much. I'm not really that mad. I'm used to the negative criticisms and harsh judgement anyway. I just can't please everyone." I removed my hand immediatly and recollected my stuff that I had dropped on the floor. I can feel everyone's eyes on me but I paid them no mind. Once everything was on my hand, I looked at Gong Byul who was caressing his head, probably still shocked at my words. 

  "Can I give you one advice though, Go Eun Byul? I know that you have a bold personality.. That you say whatever comes to your mind.. However, that goes with consequences. It won't cause you anything to hold back words but it will save a person from a lot of pain." I gave her a pained smile. Readjusting my bag strap over my shoulder, I turned away and walked towards the door. I thought that was it. As I was turning the knob, Gong Byul called out to me once more. 

  "Gong Taekwang.. I'm sorry.. I really am.." Shocked, I turned to look at her. She was wearing a guilty expression, sincerity written all over her face. I gave her a smile. A genuine smile. 

  "Thank you, Go Eun Byul. That means a lot." And with that, I left.. 

~~

👑 3rd Person Point of View 👑

  Go Eun Byul rarely f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter