Chaebol

More Than Just A Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
More than just a Troublemaker
WAYS 2015 Fanfiction
By: ReinAstraea / JeRein_14

 

🎶🎵🎶

 

Chapter 34

 

   "Eh?! But Teacher! I don't want a huge room by myself.." Because it's lonely and I get enough of that at home already. I almost added but didn't. It's actually one of the things I'm looking forward to on this trip. Sleeping in a room with other people. Even if said room is spacious and similar to my own back at the mansion. I won't even mind if i'm in the same room with that stupid Kwon Gi Tae or even Water Boy! As long as i'm not alone.. 

  It's not that i'm afraid or anything. In fact, i'm used to it which is precisely why I wanted a change. It's always been fun when I sleep over at my hyungs place. Despite the fact that we're all crammed in their living room, with pillows and blankets laid on the floor, I always had the most peaceful sleep there. I'm not sure if its the presence of other people or was it the thought that my hyungs, the very people I trust the most, was surrounding me. I knew I was safe there. I was looking forward to this trip not for the activities but for the sleep. I was so sure that I'll have a nice sleep here but I guess that's not going to happen. Like any other night, i'm staying at a large room by myself. The very thought was suffocating. 

  "Sorry, Gong Tae. It's a request made by our sponsors. I can't really deny it. " Teacher Kim tried to console me but not really doing a good job at it. Our large group gone on ahead, most wanting to check their rooms and discard their stuff before going on to do our activities. Half of the class, including Teacher Kim, used the first elevator on the lobby. The second half used the other one. Our rooms were situated at the 6th floor of the building. 

  "Thank you for the assist earlier, Gong Tae. If it weren't for what you said, I guess it'll take longer for us to book our rooms." Teacher Kim admitted, placing a hand on my shoulder. I gave him a shrug, not really seeing it as a big deal. I just spoke my mind out. It was true that they were being rude. Being a high class hotel doesn't really give them the pass to look down on people. It wasn't obvious but the way their eyebrows rose earlier, the long side glances and their chins in the air. It was clear that they were looking down on us, probably thinking that we were some kind of lost tourists who just wanted to take a peek at their expensive and 'out-of-our-reach' hotel. 

  "They were being rude and act too high up on their horses when in fact, this is just a mediocre high class hotel." I guess that were the wrong words to say because it attracted my other classmates attention. 

  "You call this mediocre?! They have crystal chandeliers and walls for crying out loud!" Someone from the right side of elevator yelled out. I didn't care to see who it was. 

  "Crystals are common in high class hotels. The whole gold and silver scheme was most likely decided to give the hotel an elegant and glamorous image. I call it cheating really, since both colors symbolizes wealth and fortune, which generally fools people into thinking that the object it is associated to is indeed expensive. In reality, I hardly saw any precious or extravagant furniture, display or painting. I can probably go as far as to say that this hotel just recently upgraded to its current star status." The look of surprise and amazement in my classmates eyes made me want to curse myself. I knew I should have kept my mouth shut! Urgh. While mentally scolding myself, I felt a pat on my shoulder. 

  "You know.. Because of your crazy antics at school, I often forget that you came from an extremely wealthy family.. Of course this is normal for you.. You're a Chaebol after all." As if everyone's attention on me wasn't enough. The elevator quieted down. The few chatters here and there that was present a few seconds ago died. I can feel several pairs of eyes on me. I casted Teacher Kim a dry look. At least he had the decency to look ashamed. 

  Teacher Kim knew that i'm the son—well, secret son—of the director. He knew because someone needed to keep an eye on me. I won't be surprised if he's the only one who he told. I'm honestly fine with it. I know for a fact that Teacher Kim genuinely cares for me and not just because his boss told him so. From what I found out, Teacher Kim even stood up for me in front of Fath—err Mr. Yook before. In multiple occasions. I'm actually surprised that he hasn't fired him yet. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter