Rehearsal

More Than Just A Troublemaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
More than just a Troublemaker
WAYS 2015 Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14 / ReinAstraea

 

🎶🎵🎶

 

Chapter 19

 

BTOB [Born To Beat] Group Chat

btobpeniel: Heol, Jae! You did great! Good job, man! 

Imhyunsik: Nothing less from BTOB's Maknae! Nice job, Sungjae-yah! You did improved a lot! 

Ilhoonmj: Nice, Jae! You did great back there! Wow. Someone snapped! Finally! ㅋㅋㅋ

Lee_cs_btob: Great job, you brat! Though, you could have done better if you just followed my advice–nah! Just kidding! You were great. I taught you after all! ㅋㅋㅋ

Hutazone: Good job, Jae! You did grow up to be such a great singer! We, hyungs, are proud of you, kid! Keep it up! Don't forget to come by the company on saturday, okay? We have everything all set up for you! CEO-nim was ecstatic to hear the news! He's looking forward to see you again, Maknae! 

Btob_silver_light: Daebak! You did amazing, son! Appa is so proud of you! We raised you well! ㅋㅋㅋ Like Minhyukie said, don't forget to come on saturday! Everyone's expecting you already! 4 minute, Beast and Apink sunbaenims as well! 

  It was past 8 pm when I sent the video to my hyungs. Like expected, comments and feedbacks immediately flooded our group chat minutes later. One can tell that they were waiting for it. Chuckling, I constructed my own message. 

Yook_can_do_it: Thanks, hyungs. I doubt i'll be able to forget this saturday. ㅋㅋㅋYou guys kept on reminding me after all! Geez. I won't bail out. I promised, didn't I? 

Yook_can_do_it: I passed the auditions, by the way. 

  Another round of comments came in after I sent the last chat. The grin on my face never seemed to falter as I read their messages. They're excited for me. Great. They're one of the reasons why i'm doing this in the first place. At first, I did it for myself. Just for my selfish need to prove myself to everyone. But seeing how happy it made my hyungs.. It made my resolve falter. 

  They're exerting efforts in helping me prepare. I'm not going to let it go to waste. I'll win this contest. I'll make my hyungs proud of me.. 

  Yook_can_do_it: we have rehearsals for the contest tomorrow. I'll hit the sack now. 'Night, hyungs! 

  After reading their replies, I turned off my phone and hoped for a dreamless night. No nightmares, hopefully.

~~

  Next day, I did the same thing. I only went to the classroom in the morning and skipped out helping for the rest of the day. Only difference would be that instead of staying at the rooftop like yesterday, I was at the gymnasium, attending the rehearsals for the Singing Contest.

  The only music teacher in Sekang High is the one who's handling and overlooking the rehearsals. She was the one who organized the event; from the theme, criteria and rules. Right now, she's pairing up the contestants for the first round of the contest. 4 contestants per batch. Then she'll assign the song through draw lots. It'll be up to us, the students, on how we're going to divide the song equally among us. 

  I was informed that the team i'm part of (Team C) is composed of one first year, one 2nd year and two 3rd years, though I still have no idea on who and what they look like. The song that was assigned to us, according to the draw lots, is a song by Gummy, Please Forget Me. An emotional ballad. Perfect. I can feel a smile forming on my lips as I recalled the lyrics and melody on my mind. Changsub Hyung, Hyunsik Hyung and Eunkwang Hyung would be a great help, no doubt. Ballads and emotions are their forte after all. 

  After the short deliberation, we were told to meet up with our team and talk about the song division. I went to the right side of the gym where the paper written with 'Team C' was pasted on top of a table. The other two teams where placed on the other parts of the gym. As I neared the assigned station, there were already 3 people sitting on the chairs placed around the table. Seems like i'm the only one missing. 

  "Oppa! You're here!" As I got seated, someone called out to me. I glanced at my right, surprised to see the same hoobae who had given me cookies a few weeks ago. She's in the same team as me, by the looks of it. Was it Andy? Ada? Ara? 

  "Oh, hey. Didn't think I'd see you here." I gave her a soft smile. She's a nice girl. One of the few people who actually sees pass my mas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter