When We Were Perfect // Binwoo // Prologue

Ficlets, Drabbles, and Discontinued Stories!

You shook our interlaced fingers apart, your head hung low as you jerked away from me. I don't think I'll ever be able to forget that. Tears brimmed in my eyes and threatened to spill at the first word you uttered.

"Stop." You stated lowly.

You were my first love, I wasn't used to heartbreak. I didn't want to get used to the feeling of a knife twisting in my heart, digging deeper and deeper.

"Just stop." You hissed.

What had I done wrong? What had I done to make you feel such hatred towards me? What did I do to make you stop loving me?

We were now the attention of others, their judging stares pierced right through me like arrows. What else could I have done but watch the glass shatter and cut into me, the sharp edges of reality embedding themselves in my heart.

I couldn't stop you, I couldn't change your mind or your heart. I couldn't go back in time to fix whatever it was that I did wrong. All I could do was stand there helplessly and watch you as you disappeared from my life.

If I could go back to when we were perfect, if I could go back to the days where I heard your beautiful laughter, would I be able to smile again? Would I be able to love again?

If I had the chance to go back, even if it was only for a day, I would do whatever I could to fix my mistake. I would do whatever it takes just to have you by my side again. You were my first love, my perpetual love. Had I known how it would end I wouldn't have been so clumsy.

If I had just one chance to prove to you that my love for you was real, would you listen to me?

Would you give me that chance?

After you had left I had realized just how small I was. I was only one tiny speck on this earth, a mere piece of dust.

Yet whenever I was with you something always felt off. Like you would just disappear and your existence would be wiped clean off this earth. Like only I would be able to remember you for as long as I lived.

Only I would know of your existence, only I would know that we once breathed the same air, walked the same paths, and saw the same sky. Only I would know of the brief love we shared, only I would know of the promises we made. Only I would know of how many times it repeated only to end the same way.