Notes // Yoonseok // One

Ficlets, Drabbles, and Discontinued Stories!

If something as simple as happiness was the key to your heart... Would you let me in?

-Notes-

Hoseok pulled his favorite marker from his backpack, a light blue one that smelled like blue raspberries. He stared at the blank, pink post-it note pad that he held in his hands.

He hummed to himself in thought before uncapping the marker. A small smile took form on his lips as he began to write, the faint scent of blue raspberry slowly filling the air with each word he wrote.

He smiled contently as he finished the note before capping the marker and sticking it in his bag. He put the pad of post-its in the pocket of his hoodie before grabbing his phone from his pocket. He unwrapped his ear buds from his phone, untangling them afterwards. He put the ear buds in his ears and his phone, going directly to spotify and putting his playlist on shuffle.

He closed his eyes, humming quietly to whatever song started to play. He continued to walk the route he knew by heart, music blasting into his ears, shutting out the outside world.

He sighed as he opened his eyes, large school gates taking up most of his field of vision. He looked around the courtyard of the school, groups of students scattered about here and there doing whatever it was they did every morning. He grinned as he saw his best friend, Kim Taehyung, leaning against one of the walls of the school. He happily pranced over to him.

Taehyung looked up from his phone screen, mumbling a quiet hello before moving his attention back to his phone.

Hoseok's lips quickly formed a frown at the lack of attention Taehyung was giving him.

"Taehyungieeeeeee!" Hoseok whined.

Taehyung grunted in response, "Pay attention to meeeee!"

Taehyung bit his lip, preventing himself from cracking a smile. Hoseok pouted in response before diving in front of Taehyung and flailing his arms like a mad-man.

Taehyung's face dusted pink as he looked at Hoseok, "Hyung! Stop! People are starting to stare!" Taehyung hissed through clenched teeth.

Hoseok only laughed at his response, "let them! I don't care!"

"But I do hyung! It's embarrassing!" Taehyung cried as the amount of stares the two were receiving rapidly increased.

A low grumble came from behind Hoseok, "idiot..."

Hoseok turned at the sound of the voice. A blond haired guy sulked past him, shoving an earbud into his ear as he did so.

Hoseok's lips formed into a pout once again and he turned to face Taehyung.

"Who the heck is that guy?" He pouted as he slumped his shoulders and made his way next to Taehyung, slowly sliding down the wall into a sitting position.

Taehyung looked down at Hoseok in disbelief causing Hoseok to furrow his eyebrows in confusion, "what?"

"Are you being serious right now?" Taehyung asked with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah?" Hoseok responded, unsure as to why Taehyung was so surprised.

"Hyung, I understand that you were homeschooled up until two weeks ago... But how do you not know who that was?" Taehyung asked, folding his arms against his chest as he turned to watch the blond male who was now slinking along the wall across the way.

"Because I've literally never seen him before?" Hoseok replied, fiddling with his ear buds as he did so.

Taehyung sighed before lowering himself into a squating position and unfolding his arms. He squinted his eyes as he extended an arm, index finger pointing into the distance at the blond haired male.

"That's Min Yoongi. Came to this school three months ago, hasn't made a single friend. He's closed off and reserved, not to mention extremely pessimistic. He's a senior and from what I've seen so far, hates everyone and everything. He got sent down to the principal's office on his first day for getting into a fist fight with some guy named Namjoon." Taehyung explained in an all too serious manner.

Hoseok hummed in response, "he doesn't seem that bad..."

"Hyung, you say that literally about everything!" Taehyung exclaimed as he held his head in his hands in annoyance.

"So? I'm optimistic!" Hoseok grinned.

"And how far has that gotten you so far?" Taehyung asked, sarcasm dripping from his voice and nearly sending Hoseok adrift.

Hoseok remained silent for a moment before answering, "not very..."

"Exactly. You're too optimistic and nice. Everyone finds it weird, even me at times." Taehyung pounted out.

"How is it we-" Hoseok was cut off by Taehyung mid-question.

"Oh... I got a D on the math test... I'll do better next time!" Taehyung said mocking Hoseok in an incident that happened only three days ago. "Or how about, ah! S-sorry... After some dude hit you in the face with a door!"

Hoseok rolled his eyes, "sorry that I apologize."

Taehyung groaned, "It was a glass door hyung! The dude literally made eye contact with you as he did it!"

Hoseok shook his head, not seeing the point Taehyung was trying to make.

"He can't be that bad Taehyung! He's probably just misunderstood! Here, I'll go talk to him!" Hoseok said as he stood up.

Taehyung watched helplessly, sighing as Hoseok slowly made his way to where Yoongi was standing.

"He's gonna get himself killed..."