Happy Virus // Astro Myungjun (MJ) // Chapter One

Ficlets, Drabbles, and Discontinued Stories!

"Smile Myungjun, its what you do best." The words of Myungjun's mother echoed in the back of his head. Even while on her deathbed, even when leaving him all alone, all she wanted was for him to smile.

"Smile through the pain my beautiful child, smile through all the sorrow." The tears that had brimmed in his eyes threatened to fall as he recalled all the words his mother had said to him. Even after all the pain of losing his father and her husband she always told him to smile. Even when she herself felt hollow and numb.

"My dear, do not be sad. Your father and I shall always smile upon you. Smile that beautiful smile of yours and push through the pain. Be the sunshine. Be the light. Be who you are Myungjun... Be happy." With that she exhaled her last breath, leaving Myungjun to face the world alone.

Myungjun's cheeks twitched slightly as the corners of his mouth upturned into a smile. The tears he had held in at the hospital now freely rolling down his cheeks. He looked upwards to the sky, even through the thick gray clouds he saw the sun shining brilliantly. His parents would always smile down on him from the heavens, he was certain of it, his mother never uttered a lie to him.

His life would certainly be much different now, living as an orphan. His father had passed seven years earlier when Myungjun was only ten years of age. His mother had been diagnosed with cancer when he was fifteen. Somehow, he wasn't all that sad over his mothers death. Now both his parents could be together again and she wouldn't be suffering.

All he had to do was smile, smile through all the pain and all the sorrow. How could he though? It was quite simple actually, he had a happy outlook on life. He was positive and optimistic, there wasn't a bad bone in his body. He was just a happy person, he had no reason to feel otherwise. That's what he believed at least.

After his mother's visitation and funeral he would be moving in with his mother's close friend, Mrs. Park. He was actually quite excited to do so seeing as Mrs. Park's son, Minhyuk, was a close friend of his. He was quite happy to be transferring schools as well, most students at his current school thought he was strange since he was always smiling.

A week later it was time for his mother's visitation. All his mother's close friends, Co-workers, and family showed up. Mrs. Park, her husband, and Minhyuk were there along side Myungjun the whole three hours. By the end of the day Myungjun went home and Minhyuk and his family checked into their hotel.

Four days later was the funeral. Afterwards Myungjun went home to pack. Mr. Park, Minhyuk, and Myungjun loaded his boxes into the moving van. Once the last box was packed Myungjun got into the car next to Minhyuk and they sped off to their house.

"You excited to transfer?" Minhyuk asked as he leaned his head on the window of the backseat.

"Yeah, I am actually!" Myungjun chuckled as he smiled, "I'm pretty sure everyone at my school thought I was a freak."

"Ah, well don't worry about it. You'll be a hit at my school! I bet the girls will be drooling over you!" Minhyuk smirked.

Myungjun shuddered slightly, "I don't know if I want that kind of attention to be honest..."

"Why? Wait... Are you... Gay?" Minhyuk whispered as he lowered his voice.

"W-what?" Myungjun choked as his eyes widened in shock.

Minhyuk laughed, "Yo! I'm just joking, no need to freak out!"

Myungjun chuckled slightly as he sighed in relief.

Minhyuk smirked, "ya know... Even if you were... I bet the guys would drool over you as well!"

Minhyuk bursted into laughter when he saw Myungjun's expression, "yahhh! What's that look for? Not like its a lie! You're attractive!"

Minhyuk's cheeks flushed after he realized what he said, "I mean... I'm more attractive then you! But you aren't bad!"

Myungjun laughed at Minhyuk's embarrassment, "Whatever."

The rest of the car ride was spent in awkward silence between the two. When they pulled into the driveway Myungjun scurried to the moving van and pulled open the back, immediately grabbing boxes. He already knew what room he would be staying in and after what happened in the car ride with Minhyuk he wanted to retreat as soon as possible.

After three tiring hours of running up and down stairs to grab boxes Myungjun flopped lazily on the soft bed.

"Minhyuk! Myungjun! Dinner time!" Mrs. Park called from the kitchen.

Myungjun groaned as he pulled himself off the bed and trudged out of the room, exhaustion clouding his mind.

"Hey, be careful!" Minhyuk called as Myungjun bounced around unsteadily as he made his way down the hall.

"My god... Don't over work yourself! You should have asked for help! Go back to your room, I'll bring you your food." Minhyuk chided as he hurried over to Myungjun to steady him.

Myungjun hummed before turning his head to face Minhyuk, "what?"

Minhyuk's expression deadpanned, "why is your face so red? Did you seriously over work yourself that much?"

Myungjun shrugged, "I'm fine."

"No you aren't, you're going to get sick at this rate! I know how you are Myungjun..." Minhyuk sighed before grabbing Myungjun by the shoulders and turning him whilst pushing him down the hall back to his room.

"Minhyuk, I'm fine, really I am." Myungjun whined as Minhyuk shoved him back to his bedroom.

"You get sick easily, you shouldn't over work yourself. Just rest. I'll help you unpack tomorrow." Minhyuk muttered as he turned to leave the room.

"Minhyuk! Myungjun! Dinner!" Mrs. Park called again.

"Coming mom!" Minhyuk yelled back in reply.

Minhyuk groaned, "You better be lying in bed by the time I come back."

Myungjun rolled his eyes at Minhyuk before staggering over to the bed and flopping down once again. He buried his face into the pillow and breathed in through his nose, taking in the scent of the pillow. He yelped slightly as the familiar scent the belong to Minhyuk flooded his senses, overwhelming him in an instant.

He shook his head, snapping back to reality and pulling the pillow close to him. He didn't even care, he just wanted to sleep. He didn't even realize the shift in weight on the bed.

"Myungjun..." Minhyuk called.

"Hey." Minhyuk called as he shook Myungjun's shoulder.

Myungjun groaned before rolling over and looking over at Minhyuk, "what?"

Myungjun buried his face in the pillow once again.

"Food. Here." Minhyuk stated as he held out a plate of food.

Myungjun made no effort to pay attention to Minhyuk however which lead to him forcefully shoving food into his mouth.

Minhyuk hummed in satisfaction as he shoved the last bite of food into Myungjun's mouth.

Myungjun groaned before shoving Minhyuk's arm, "go away."

"Nah. I don't want to." Minhyuk sighed as he flopped down next to him.

"The hell are you doing?" Myungjun whined.

"Laying down." Minhyuk replied dryly.

"Go lay in your own bed." Myungjun replied.

"I am."