Just My Wish // Taekook // Original, Long Version // Introduction

Ficlets, Drabbles, and Discontinued Stories!

3rd Person POV:

Jeon Jungkook sighed as he scuffed the toe of his shoe on the sidewalk, seconds later he kicked at a small pebble. His fists had been angrily stuffed into his sweatshirt pockets minutes prior. Jeon Jungkook had always been more carefree then most people his age, he did what he was supposed to and made no arguments when given a task to do. He was what you could call the perfect child, he did no wrong and did almost everything perfectly. He was so perfect in the eyes of his parents and almost everyone around him that he seemed almost inhuman, as if he was a robot made in a lab somewhere. He, however, was as human as one could be, he was what he liked to call, 'talented'. 

 

He had never talked back to his parents, never got in a fight at school, never spoke a vulgar word or phrase in front of those in authority, never failed his classes, never put off doing his chores. Today, however,  everything had changed. Minutes prior to Jungkook angrily trudging down the sidewalk he had arrived home from school. His parents greeted him, large smiles spread across their faces. His mother, not bubbly like she usually was when she saw Jungkook after a day of him at school, had an appearance of business and an aura of formality and seemingly forced serenity.  Jungkook saw through her right away, her smile was forced. Jungkook looked to his father, the large smile was uncommon for him, seeing him in general was uncommon especially at the time Jungkook got out of school. 

 

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows together and squirmed uncomfortably, "Eomma... Appa... What's going on?" Jungkook's father relaxed his face, now a softer smile laid pleasantly across his chapped lips. Jungkook's lips creased slightly in a frown before he once again turned to face his mother, her smile absent from her soft face and replaced with a look of apology. 

 

"Jungkook, sweetheart... There is something your father and I would like to tell you..." Her voice was firm, though Jungkook saw through it, she had been upset previously. Jungkook nodded his head slightly, eyebrows knitted in concern for his dear mother. He placed his school bookbag against the wall and slid off his shoes, lining them up with the others along the wall and sliding his feet into a pair of slippers. 

 

He cautiously made his way into the living room and sat down on the brown leather couch, he feared what his parents were going to say. His mother and father followed him into the room, his mother slowly following his father. His father let out an exhausted sigh as he dropped down in the brown leather arm chair across from his son.  His mother stood next to the seat his father sat in despite there being plenty of empty space in the other furniture for her to sit in. "Jungkook..." his mother began, her voice fading as she stared off into space at the wall behind her perfect son.

 

"Eomma... Appa...?" Jungkook replied, his voice quiet as it wavered in nervousness. "You know that boarding school... That is for those that want to pursue music...?" his father asked, a thoughtful look on his face. Jungkook nodded slowly is response. "You were accepted into it." his mother finished, a forced smile on her lips. 

 

"No..." Jungkook uttered in disbelief. "No!" He laughed still in disbelief. His father and mother both had a genuine smile on their faces as he stood to his feet, "really?!" His mother smiled and nodded her head. Jungkook dove at his parents, embracing them both tightly. "Go pack your things. Your father will drive you to the campus tomorrow morning." 

 

Jungkook froze, "don't I have to pick a dorm and dorm mates?" He laughed nervously. "We already did sweetheart..." his mother replied sweetly. Jungkook drew back from the embrace, his eyes wide. "You picked the people I'm going to be living with?!" he screeched. 

 

"Jungkook... Your mother and I picked those we thought would be best with you. You won't be living in a dorm. On campus there are a few houses selected for the higher honor students. You will be living in one of those. Unlike the students that live in the dorms you will actually debut in a group some day!" 

 

Jungkook's eye twitched, "but YOU picked who I was going to live with?!" Jungkook scoffed, the one thing that Jungkook hated most was people making decisions for him. Without second thought he pushed between his parents and walked out of the room. He grabbed his navy hooded sweatshirt from the hooks by the door and slid off his slippers, angrily shoving his feet into his Timberlands.

 

As infuriated as he was due to his parents choosing his living choices for him somewhere deep down he felt overwhelming excitement and joy. He would finally get out of his crappy school. He would no longer be called the teachers pet or an over achiever. People would no longer gawk at him or ask him to do their homework. He was free from the inconvenience of others, at least, that's what he thought. 

 

Jungkook's POV:

 

I sighed as I looked up at the blue sky, the slight hues of purple and orange showing that the sun had begun to set. The cool autumn breeze blew against my face, cooling my burning cheeks and soothing my anger. "I'm nineteen... I should be allowed to make me own choices..." I growled quietly, squeezing my hands into even tighter fists in my pocket. I shook my head, trying to rid myself of my bitter and negative thoughts. Maybe they won't be so bad. I sighed as I spun on my heels, beginning my walk home. As long as I remained calm and collected everything would be fine. 

 

The air began to cool as I continued my walk home, the sun sinking farther and farther into the horizon. I hadn't realized how far I had walked until I was already at home, the moon now high in the star speckled sky. I inhaled deeply as I turned the knob of the front door. I hadn't even been in the house long enough to take my shoes off when my mother embraced me tightly, burying her head into my shoulder. "Thank god you're safe... I was so word..." she cried as she pulled back from the embrace, her hands immediately moving to my face. "Good, no cuts or bruises... You were so upset when you stormed out that I thought you may get careless and get in a fight..." 

 

I smiled at her softly and rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly, "I'm sorry for acting the way I did, it wasn't right of me, nor was it respectful." My mother scoffed slightly in response, swatting her hand in front of her as she did so. "I'm just glad you're safe." She muttered as she stepper back and turned and walked towards the kitchen, "come come. I'll heat up your dinner." 

 

3rd Person POV:

 

Jungkook quickly scoffed down his food, nearly inhaling it whole on several occasions. His mother sat on the edge of her seat, jumping everytime he coughed and nearly choked due to eating so fast. Once he had finished his meal, not choking to death in the process, much to his mothers surprise his mother grabbed his plate and dismissed him to begin his packing. 

 

Jungkook sighed as he stepped into his room, closing his door behind him. Fresh, folded laundry was placed on his bed. He moved to his closet, grabbing the two suitcases he had. He neatly placed the newly washed clothes inside one of the suitcases before going to his dresser and grabbing some of the clothes from inside and placing them in the same suitcase. He quickly made his way down stairs and grabbed his shoes which consisted of different colored converse and a spare pair of timberlands. He put them in a red duffle bag he found in the back of his closet and placed the bag at the foot of his bed after zipping it. In the other suitcase he would put his pillow, toothbrush, hairbrush, and blanket when he woke up in the morning. 

 

Jungkook moved his suitcases off of his bed and placed them by his door and quickly changed into his pajamas. He sighed as he threw his body onto his bed, minutes later drifting into a deep sleep.