Those Behind White // Taegi Sci-fi AU

Ficlets, Drabbles, and Discontinued Stories!

It's a miracle I'm still sane... How? I myself don't even know. I see the same person everyday, I'm locked in the same room for what feels like the rest of eternity, and I'm looking at the same bland walls just to pass time.

The walls I'm always trapped behind are white. There is nothing that stands out when it comes to them. Not a single spot is tainted with dirt or filth. They are innocent, without taint, pure. They make me sick. They disgust every fiber of my being.

This place...

It's like an asylum... except it's far worse.

It's... Pure... Quiet...

Yet... it's... violent... sinister...

The silence that fills the air... It's anything but peaceful... actually... it's terrifying.

I long for someone to save me. To wake me from this nightmare. To tear me away from fate.

Except... There is no escape. There is no one to save me. I'm forever trapped in the wake-less slumber. I'm chained up by fate.

No matter how much I cry... or scream... there's no helping my situation. I can't even hear my own voice anymore...

This place...

Has silenced me.

The only thing I can do...

Is write these letters to the moon...

Hoping one day...

Things may change...

-

The time has come, one of the three times everyday.

I hear the clicking of heels moving towards my room.

Terror builds up deep inside of me and there's nothing I can do.

There is nowhere for me to run, there is no one to save me... Forever I am trapped in these white walls.

"Taehyung... Time for your morning check-up."

The voice of the doctor interrupts my desperation to run, to hide under the bed.

Only after hearing her words do I understand that the sun has risen and that I haven't slept.

I now am aware of the heaviness in my eyelids, the soreness in my back and legs from sitting on the floor throughout the night. I hate it. I wish she hadn't come. I wish I was home with my friends. Even if I can't place their faces or their names, somewhere deep within me the bonds linger.

I'm so tired and drained of energy, it hurts to keep breathing, it hurts just to feel the blood slowly pumping through my body, it hurts to think. 

"Mmm... You seem to not have slept."

The doctor reaches into her pocket and pulls out a thin syringe with a long protruding needle, a translucent crimson filling up the tube.

My saving grace, a sleeping serum, or as I like to call it a taste of what I once had.

She quickly looks me over before sticking the syringe into my flesh.

I can feel the cool fluid flood through my veins and everything slows down.

A black fog begins to fill my vision it reminds me of the vignette of a camera.

Somewhere deep in my memory, there's a pastel pink camera, the owners face is only a blur but I can feel it inside...

He was my friend...

My hyung.

-

A loud scream awakes me from my slumber.

I find myself on the floor, the last place I was before falling asleep.

Words I don't quite understand are soon being shouted, followed by more screams.

Whoever is screaming must be in pain.

It's strange though...

As far as I knew....

I was the only person here aside from the doctor.

-

The doctor walks in, a smile on her face.

A smile I know all too well is plastic.

Then again... What else would I expect from her?

Praise?

Kindness?

Hell no.

Her purpose...

Is to torture me.

My purpose...

Is to be her pawn...

Her guinea pig.

I am nothing but a rat to her.

I'm only something for her to experiment with.

She speaks.

"Taehyung... from now on... You will not be the only one in the facility."

I figured as much after hearing those screams...

That was the first thing I did when I arrived...

I screamed so much...

I cried... so much...

Neither of those things did anything though.

"Since we are introducing a new member into the program you now have some new benefits."

Oh... interesting...

"You will now be able to leave your room and explore the facility freely. I shall bring you a map after getting the new member settled in."

Freedom...

No...

False freedom...

I was free of my confinement to this room...

But I knew all too well that I'd never escape my fate.