Thirty Six

Attraction

Seongwoo wakes up by a soft whimpering and cries coming somewhere, which he guess would be from the twins room. He sat up and tries to rub the sleep out of him, slipping down to check on the two.

When he getting closer to the room however, the cries gets louder and he walks faster, almost dashing into the room when he reached it.

Jinyoung and Daehwi both whimpers, sobbing and curled up in a prawn shape as they clutches their stomach, face scrunches up, contorting in every way that shows them agonizing, in pain in sort of way.

Seongwoo fasten his pace and was already next to the two in a second. He knelt down next to the bed, eyes shows the sign of concern and panic.

”What’s wrong babies. Why are you crying? Look at daddy.” He calls, hands over their small frame that trembles. The twins groan in pain, almost wailing that makes Seongwoo more and more worried about them. He has never seen them like this so he’s not sure what is going on but judging by them both keep curling up, and clutching their stomach, makes his guessed that they are having stomach ache, or more than that.

”Daddy...it hurts..”

”Daddy...make it stop...”

They both cries, begging for the pain to stop as they cry and cry in their father’s embrace. Seongwoo have to do something and fast. He kisses their temple.

”I will. Let’s get you to the hospital.” Seongwoo says, gathering the two boys in his arm and dashes out of the room and down the stairs. He grabs for his wallet and car keys and couldn’t care less about taking the coat with him or his phone that he left in his room. Now, the only thing that crosses his mind right now is just to get them to the hospital fast.

Jinyoung and Daehwi cries again, soaking their daddy’s shirt and gripping onto it in a ball. They couldn’t take it and Seongwoo is feeling the same way. He can’t bear to see them in this state. He needs to see them gets better. The drive was full of cries, sobbing, whining, whimpering and wailing. The pleads and soft yet weak voices of his twins asking for Seongwoo. Calling their daddy’s name over and over again.

”Hang in there babies. We’re almost there. Hang on, for daddy.” he drives faster, pressing the paddle to speed up the car.

~

Seongwoo sat next to the bed, body leaning down as he gazed on his two sons.The pain and the cries had stop and he was thankful for that but they had to be admitted for a treatment. The doctor that came to see them at the emergency department says that they both had acute gastroenteritis or AGE for short. The doctor explains that it must have something to do with their food and as Seongwoo recalls back, they only ate what he cooked. Most of the time. 

"Perhaps they ate something that's not edible to be eaten. Maybe something from their school?" 

"But they only have what I packed for them. I'd rarely let them go to school without a lunchbox."

"I see, but Mr. Ong sometimes kids likes to share their foods. Maybe a friend share their food to them which have caught their interest. This is all due to lack of preparing clean food that leads to them getting this. Even adults could have it." he explains further as to make his point right and let Seongwoo absorbs it.

Seongwoo sigh, dropping his head. How can he forget about that. Of course kids love to share since his babies practically do that almost every time when they had lunch or dinner together. Even snacks too. The doctor gave Seongwoo a smile, patting him on the shoulder.

"Don't worry, it's treatable so you don't have to be worry about it. We should get it started by giving them fluids first, through their veins. Lets slowly take one step at a time in giving them a proper treatment. Okay, Mr.Ong?"

Seongwoo lifts his head up and nods. It's better to keep them here rather than at home. 

About an hour later, they were shifted to a kids ward, double bedded VIPs, specially for Seongwoo and his twins even though he didn't mind about staying in a normal room. Throughout the moving from the emergency to the ward, Jinyoung and Daehwi wanted to be carried by Seongwoo so he did and walk down the hospital until the ward they had been assigned to.

The room was practically bright and colorful since it's the kids ward and they even have little playground there for a healthier kids to play or visitors.

"Thank you for the help." Seongwoo bows down after they had finally reached the room and deposited the two on the two single bed in that room. Thanking the nurses for helping him out although he didn't bring anything much with him.

"It's our job, Mr. Ong." one of the nurse smile before she left them to reports to the incharge nurses there.

~

Mr and Mrs Ong came that day along with Minhyun and Guanlin whom first found out about the twins being held up at the hospital due to their sickness. They were very much concern about them so they came after work. 

Seongwoo haven't been able to go home since last night so he had been there at the hospital for hours now, without any changed of clothes or his phone that he practically forgot until an hour ago when he wanted to text his mother about not able to go to work due to his sons.

Plus, he couldn't even have a blink of sleeps ever since he witness them curling in pain and whimpering, crying whenever the pain comes. The symptoms getting worst and few hours ago, Daehwi throws up after he take a sip of a grape juice. Then Jinyoung sweats and trembles like he was having a fit that really makes Seongwoo cry. This was the worst scenario that had happened to him and to his babies.

Mrs. Ong cradles the two boys on the bed which they wanted to share and gave the other one to Seongwoo since he have to stay until they are fully recover. She gently their hair as she hums to one of a lullaby song that she had sang before when Seongwoo was still a baby. For now, they are being ordered not to eat anything and only gets to take a sips of water when they want while they were put on a drip, for hydration. They both had their hand poked by the IV line and bandage up to secure it with a splint. Just for pre caution in which they suddenly wanted to act wild and accidentally pulls the drip away.

Seongwoo is tired but he have be strong for them. Mr. Ong gave Seongwoo a pat on his head, which made him turn to look at him. Blinking and weak, sleepy eyes show casting his face.

"Go home, take a shower and pack some clothes then come back. Don't worry about them. We'll be here while you go and fix yourself. Minhyun and Guanlin will drive you there." Mr. Ong gave Seongwoo a light push to the door. He really doesn't want to leave them but he do need that shower and maybe breakfast, lunch and dinner all in one. His mother stares at him and gave him the knowing smile, a reassuring one that says 'everything will be okay'. So Seongwoo sigh and leave although he was very reluctant to leave them as he gave the two boys a longing look before Minhyun pushes him out, followed by Guanlin.

Guanlin let the older leans on his shoulder as they walk to the parking lot. Even in his state, looking all tired and disheveled, Seongwoo still manage to maintain his looks, now more when his two best friends are with him, walking like they were going down the red carpet. That is what they looked like in the public eyes of people in the hospital.

~

While Seongwoo takes a shower, Guanlin packs few stuff that belongs to the twins, example small plushie, their toiletries and some of their own clothes, and Minhyun packs some of Seongwoo’s own. Stashing any sort of clothes he sees inside the closet. Then suddenly Seongwoo’s phone rang so Minhyun takes the call when the ID flashes ‘Daniel’.

”Minhyun speaking, Seongwoo is currently taking a shower.” 

Daniel was silent for a short seconds, a bit surprised that it was not Seongwoo who picks up his call. But Minhyun, Seongwoo’s best friend.

”Daniel ssi? You there?” Minhyun calls out to Daniel, stopping his track on packing the bag.

Ah, yes I’m here. Seongwoo hyung is taking a shower? Then let me call back later.

”Sure, he’ll be out soon.”

Daniel smiles grimly and hang up the call. He was not supposed to be jealous since Seongwoo and Minhyun are best friends so they have nothing special happening between them. Not that he should be worrying about since Seongwoo is in love with him and is his boyfriend now.

Seongwoo steps out of the shower seconds after Minhyun ends the call. "Oh Seongwoo, Daniel just called. You might want to call him back though since he does not sound that happy about me picking up his call." Minhyun says shrugging but smirking cheekily to Seongwoo. He passed the phone to the owner as continue on packing the bag.

Seongwoo vigorously wipes his hair with the towel and stops to grab the phone. He let the towel rest around his neck and starts dialling Daniel's number. Walking out of the room to have a little privacy from Minhyun.

Hello? Seongwoo hyung?

"Niel, you've called? What's up?"

Oh nothing hyung. Just that, Hoonie have been telling me that he haven't seen the twins at school today so he ask me to ask you if they are okay.

Seongwoo bits his lips, thinking back about his sons at the hospital right now. He breathes out a sigh. "They are.....currently beind warded Daniel." he said softly like almost like a whisper a hint of bitterness.

What? Why? What happen to them. Hyung, tell me.

"They were diagnosed with AGE, Niel. The doctor said it must have been from them sharing their food or maybe eat somebody else's food at school which was not cleanly prepared. I don't know Daniel. They were so bad last night. They cried and cried as they complain about stomach ache. I'm..." Seongwoo chokes, and a tear is threatening to slip down his eyes. Gosh he can't brush off the looks Jinyoung and Daehwi gave to him last night as they cried, sorrowly and in pain.

Calm down hyung. Where are they now? I want to see them, and so does Hoonie.

"You shouldn't come Daniel, especially not Jihoonie because Jihoon could get caught by it. I don't want that to happen."

It's alright hyung. I'll make sure Hoonie wears a mask later and stay as far as he can from them. Now, tell me in which hospital they are currently being held and I'll see you there later. It's gonna be okay Seongwoo hyung.

"I believe you and thanks. I'll text you the address and in which unit they are in."

Alright, see you soon. Love ya.

"Love you too. Bye."

Seongwoo breathes out slowly after his conversation with Daniel. Apparently feeling a little less troubles about the twins. Knowing that Daniel might know better and could help him. Right now, Seongwoo could really use the comfort from him. He really do need it so very much.

"Ready to go Seongwoo?" Minhyun walks out of his room with his bag in his hand, slinging it over his shoulder, while Guanlin just finished packing the twins belonging and joins them.

"Yeah. Give me a sec to change."

~

Daniel came very quick to the hospital after he got the text from Seongwoo regarding where the location is. He makes no haste in waiting so he leave the hospital, telling his father that he needed to check on Seongwoo and explains to him that the twins had been admitted. He told Jisung and Jaehwan who currently taking a nap after the long hours of teaching new interns. They jolts up and starts questioning about if they were okay only to have Daniel says that he's not sure and that is the reason why he's leaving.

He picks up Jihoon from school an an hour before his school ends, saying to the teacher that they have an urgent matters to attend to which the teacher understand him and let Jihoon off. Daniel even calls his brother. 

When he steps into the children ward, he glance down to his son for a short moment, just to make sure that Jihoon still have the mask on. It's a precaution way of keeping him safe. Not only through airborn, even contacts too. Physical contacts can spread the virus to Jihoon.

Daniel finds Seongwoo laying on the second single bed, eyes closed while his hand continously patting Daehwi, as if he was trying to put him to sleep. Jinyoung is already curled up in his chest, fast asleep while Daehwi is having trouble sleeping, so Seongwoo is trying to help him. He hums, attempt to lulls him, and slowly Daehwi did drifted off to sleep, small hands gripping on Seongwoo's wrist while the older pats him, gently. The drip flows smoothly.

"Appa...are they okay?" Jihoon tugs his hand lightly to get his attention. Daniel look down and smile. "Not really. They're not feeling well so let's make them better yeah?"

Jihoon smiles brightly and nods, although he couldn't see him smile but Daniel can tell from the movement in his eyes and his cheeks rising up. He shush him and tells him to be extra quiet as they walk over.

The older catches the soft steps coming so he open his eyes and when he sees who it was, he smiles tiredly. Daniel went around and sat on the bed next to Seongwoo with Jihoon climbing up and peeks at the sleeping twins. He wanted to play with them but seems like they are tired so he will just watch them.

"Daehwi can't sleep?"

"No. His stomach ache have been bothering him and he keeps vomiting. Even though I didn't give him anything to eat but guess that's what happens when they have this sickness. I just feels so bad for them." Seongwoo sigh, turning back to keep lulling Daehwi and even Jinyoung when he feels him stir and lets out a whine.

"That's normal hyung. It takes some time to get well from it so just keep with what the doctor had said. I'll help and stay with you for tonight."

"No Daniel, you don't have to. Jihoon need to rest in a proper bed and not here with us. You should go home and-" Seongwoo gasps when Daniel kissed, for the first time after they started dating and becoming boyfriends. First time as in on the lips.

It was chaste and soft, and truly makes wonder on Seongwoo. He slightly goes lax and had seems to calm down.

"I said I want to stay, so I'll stay. You don't need to worry about it. I want to stay and be with you, keep an eye on them while you rest. Because Seongwoo, you have a very big, ugly eyebags right now. You need to sleep to. So let me take care of them while you sleep, okay?"

Seongwoo can't disagree to the invitation to have a good night sleep. He hadn't been sleeping since last night and a tad bit tired after spending a lot of time making sure the twins are in good shape. Cleaning up the mess when they throws up and wipes their body and more.

"Alright. If you say so. And Daniel...thank you."

Daniel smiles softly, "Anytime."

On the other hand, Jihoon covers his eyes when his appa gave Seongwoo a kiss. It was extremely beautiful and he was very much happy about them finally kissing. He wished that the twins had witness it too but perhaps he will tell them when they wakes up.

 

__________

 

I had wanted to write about them getting sick since two month ago but only now I can write one after the long drags of chapter after chapter xD

It just came over me two months ago when I saw a mother holding her son's hand at my hospital, going to the shop we had there. The boy had an iv line on his hand that well, I don't know I suddenly had the urge to write about it. On how Seongwoo will take it when they fell ill and have to be admitted and etc.

So yeah, that is why this wa born hahaha. Just a bit angst I think since...who would want their child getting sick and needed to be warded and all.

So....there you have it. ^^ And don't worry, they will be fine in the next chapter :D

Comments and upvotes.

Sorry for the typos.