Three

Attraction

Every time, every day the hospital would always be full of sick people who come to get themself treated or be admitted for further investigations, treatments, drugs or meeting with the doctors for more details of their diagnosed illness or just visiting their closes people who were warded or basically come to die since they are already terminally ill and no more hope in living but just dying.

Daniel was always sick of meeting new people with variety of illness or body parts were defected and needed the surgery fast to get it back in place in which it was mostly Daniel’s sort of job. Fixing them and make sure everyone he came to treat will be better and go back home in a good and great condition.

He is a man who promises to get everyone gets better and to never come back again for another treatment or another surgery. Being a surgeon is a tough call for Daniel and he will always be the first person which everyone in the whole damn hospital came looking for and he would always whined about it but he can’t say or object to it because his status are far more greater than the rest of the doctors he is friend with or know of.

His parent owned the hospital and both are a very successful surgeons until today and he follow pursuit into their steps in becoming one too. Daniel never thought that one day he’ll became a doctor since when he were still young he had hated the job of saving a human’s live or get himself dirty, covered with bloods and any other human body fluids but now he wanted to laugh to himself after he did became a doctor and a surgeon too.

He is more interested in dancing, singing or starting a band but in the end he follow suit his parents footsteps and took medical course instead after he left highschool and successfully graduated after years of struggling through the lessons. Daniel however took a part time job in teaching young kids in dancing even when he is already that busy with being a surgeon and have his own dance studio somewhere in Myeondong.

~

Calling for Surgeon Daniel! Calling for Surgeon Daniel! We need your assistance here at the ER department ASAP!

Daniel heard his name being called through the speaker, he was just about to shove his instant ramyun into his mouth after waiting for 5 minutes for the said ramyun to be cooked until his name was being called in urgency. He groan, muttering a cursed about again being called off while he was on break after spending his time in the operation theatre for 7 whole hours. He slam the chopstick on the table and cover the ramyun, eyes staring at the hot steamy ramyun looking like a kicked puppy. 

"I'll be back for you, ramyun." he said like he was talking to a person and dashed out of his room towards the ER.

If he was called for help, it means that they are a major cases they needed for him to get it done with. Of course it would always be him since he have gifted hand as what he heard people or his colleague say.

He arrived at the ER department minutes later with some panting and gasping going on. He noticed the crowds swarming around a certain bed and he quickly make his way to the swarming people.

"Coming through! Excuse me! Make way, I need to see!" he sternly calls out while he fight his way through the people and once he reached the front part, he find one of his friend is in the heat of administering CPR to a unconscious patient laying on the bed. The monitor that was attached to the person was beeping in a single beep, meaning the heart was not pumping, no heart beat and no pulse, not breathing.

"What happen?" Daniel asked to one of the nurses there, asking about the history and the cause of the sudden cardiac arrest.

"The patient was brought in with lots of blood loss. We asked his relative whether he had any history of heart problem and of course what was the cause of the blood loss and was told that he had a fight with someone and ended up being stabbed on the abdomen. They rushed him in and we had tried to minimize the blood from spilling out but we couldn't."

"And what about the heart suddenly stopping? Did you find out why? Does he have the history of heart failure? Does the patient complain to you about having a chest pain or couldn't breathe properly?" 

"He did...and even before we could do anything else....his heart suddenly stopped and.....he went unconscious after that.....and from then on....I have been giving CPR for.....5 minutes now." said his friend in between breath while he keeps on giving the CPR and the nurse keeps on with giving out oxygen.

"5 minutes? Jisung, get off and let me take over." he demanded shoving off his already tired friend off the person and he quickly climb up the bed to take over. "Can you arrange for a theatre for me? I need to go deep into to see what the cause of his sudden cardiac arrest. You may said that he had never had any heart problem right?" Daniel glanced at the nurse which the latter gave him a nod before he starts with the CPR again, " But I got to get to the bottom of this by stopping the bleeding. The traumatized abdomen may have cause the heart to suddenly stop because well, the sever loss of blood and complaining of chest pain and hard to breathe is already a dangerous sign of he's going into cardiac arrest. You should have take him straight to the theatre or simply starts with an MRI or so."

Daniel told them to start preparing for all the necessary things and he needed to get into theatre and get the patient there as soon as they can. He need to fix the abdomen, stitch them up and make sure the patient is in good shape. 

Seconds after he took over Jisung, the monitor starts to beep again but this time it indicating the heart beat. They were happy that the person's heart is beating again but he is still fully unconscious. Daniel had ordered them getting the blood ready for transfusion, at least 6 pints of whole blood and of course a packed cell as well for the surgery.

"Palli! I need to get things done quick!" he ordered with a serious tone, pushing them to get the man in. 

Jisung manage to grab Daniel's by the coat before he ran off towards the theatre following the man, "Daniel, save him. Make sure he's okay." his friends looked at him trying to find the answer he is looking for and Daniel gave him a small smile and a nod, "I will. Don't worry. Just assure his family for me. I'll make sure he'll come back safe and alive. Promise." 

"Thank you." his friend mutter lowly before they both went their separate ways. Consoling people is not Daniel's best trait and he's not good in those sort of stuff but he know he can trust his best friend in doing it since he have known Jisung for many years, like since they were in diapers. Jisung is 3 years older than Daniel is and is happily married with the person he have been in love with since high school. They both went to the same medical school except that Jisung is the senior while Daniel is the freshmen.

~

Jisung treated Daniel like they are siblings and love Daniel so much. Jisung's parents were even best friends of Daniel's parents and they have been joined on the hips since they were born and would always play with each other and protect each other all the time. 

Time flies when Daniel starts to grew bigger and even becoming much more muscular after his days of b-boying and visiting the gym going on and all that hard work paid off well and since then Daniel had been the one whose been protecting Jisung from others while Jisung act like the older brother to him. It's not Daniel didn't have an older brother and he was really close with him until they got to go their separate ways with his older brother going to another college while Daniel going to another. They still contacted each other and now often hanging together to whenever Daniel is at home with his son, Jihoon.

Since Jihoon came into his life, Daniel had tried his best to come home all the time and accompany Jihoon until the next day or until he was paged to come for emergency back to the hospital. He doesn't like the idea of leaving Jihoon with his parents or to the babysitter so Daniel would always asked one of his friend to come to his house and look after Jihoon while he's away. Jihoon had been very an understanding son and he was really grateful for that. 

Never once did Jihoon complained of Daniel being absent or away from home because his work calls for him. He loves Daniel so much and will always be ever since Daniel adopted him from his abusive father and a wasted mother. Daniel took Jihoon under his name when one day he found 7 months old Jihoon crying loudly in a basket, somewhere around his campus. He witness how the father was abusing his wife/mother while the lady was carrying Jihoon in the basket but the lady was also not in a good shape. They were both drunk and wasted that it'll be dangerous for a small child like Jihoon to stay with them. He was still amazed by how his mother still manage to took care of Jihoon until he is 7 months old. 

Daniel without thinking through he stepped in and confronted the two on taking Jihoon in. He didn't know why he did that but he couldn't pull back his word and decided to go with it. They were drunk like really drunk and his heart almost stopped when the mother threw the basket with Jihoon in it onto the busy road and almost got hit by a truck if Daniel wasn't fast enough to save him. He was glad he did so, and somehow it was easy enough for them to give Jihoon away, complaining that they couldn't raise the child anymore with how they are right now and they had even plan on selling Jihoon off which angers Daniel so much about selling a poor innocent child just for money.

They gave Jihoon away to Daniel, saying that they won't ask for anything from Daniel and will go with him to changed Jihoon's surname to Daniel's, Kang.

After a week of paper work, Jihoon became his son, officially his and Daniel had made the announcement to his parents and friends about adopting Jihoon when he is still in college. Thank god his parents accepted Jihoon with a open heart and loved him so much like he is really their grandchild. They even praised Daniel for being such a hero in saving the poor child.

Back to the present time, like before Daniel will always calls for his friends or if his older brother were free in looking after Jihoon. It's between Kim Jaehwan, Park Woojin, Yoon Jisung (if the latter if available), Choi Taewoong, Joon Sewoon, Ahn Yeongseob and his older brother Kang Dongho (yeap Seongwoo's friend and yes he is Daniel's older brother).

Daniel did call out or texted one of them to go a fetch Jihoon from school since he know he can't make it, because of the next surgery he is going in and might last him for couple more hours. He typed in their group chat asking if any of them are around and hopefully they are someone who will answer his text soon enough, and without waiting for the reply, Daniel walked into the theatre to start his surgery. He'll only pray that one of them will fetch Jihoon for him and maybe even take him for dinner too.

Looks like I'm gonna get home late again today. Sorry Jihoonie.

 

_____

 

Updated and this chapter explained about Daniel's life now and how he adopted Jihoon xDD

Lol, I made Dongho as Daniel's older brother who is Seongwoo's bestfriend without Daniel even knowing who Dongho's friends are. Because he never care :DD

I hope you guys like the chapter and it looks better than Seongwoo's I think, but oh well...whats done is done xDDD

Anyway, leave you comments and upvote if you like te fic ^^

Typos are always there xDDDD

Ciao~~ See you guys later :33