Thirty One

Attraction

“How can someone like these kids have too many clothes, shoes and even toys at this age though. I don’t believe this and can’t believe that you talked me through this. I have work to do Daniel. I have no time to babysit any one of them with you.” Jaehwan huffed, puffing up his cheeks like a mandu.

It’s the second week of Seongwoo being away and for that week, Seongwoo was too busy that he rarely gets to talk or reply any of Daniel’s text. The event was going on all out and he was one of the most important asset for the people. Main model for the runaway.

Daniel came back with a bowl of hot popcorn he just popped in the oven. Until today he was still amazed by all of Seongwoo’s pantry being full with lots of food, ingredients and not to mention he even have stash, a big bag full of tasty, delicious, sweet of jellies. Which is Daniel’s favorite. Daniel his lips and reach his hand out to grab the bag of jellies, but not before Jaehwan walked in and slap his hand away. He whine and glare at his best friend.

"Jellies later, lunch now, idiot. The kids are waiting. Can you see they are staring at us with anticipation? Waiting on what sort of meal we are going to cook for them. Like I'm the 'best' cook ever that you called me over to help you." Jaehwan mocks while he finger quote on the 'best' part. The blonde rolls his eyes but his best friend are right about that part. Jaehwan is not the best but the worst person to ever cook anything and he recalls on why he asked Jaehwan to come over and help him with cooking lunch. The best would probably be Jisung and yet he didn't call for the older. Because he's on call so he can't do and ask him to come and help him up. 

Also, he know what Jihoon like and the boy would literally eat anything he made for him. But not the twins. Since it's the second week of him taking care of them, he literally does not have any idea what they like. He still remember the last week, for the whole they have been getting takes out for either lunch or dinner and that was actually not the best thing he should have done to a five years old kids. He should cook, like how their dad would have done for them, every single time.

"Sorry Jaehwan, but just that.....I don't actually know what the twins like. And I mean, I feel bad enough that last week, I've been only calling for take outs instead of cooking a decent meal. Yet they have never complained but ate the whole thing without saying anything. Now, I just feel like, I'm a bad example of a dad and needed to cook something rather than buying. So....please help me out and don't bail on me. I'm trying to get closer to those boys and well, I kind of succeeded and they are growing so fondly over me now."

"You wanted to get closer to them so that you can get closer to their 'dad' right." Jaehwan smirk, his eating grin says it all and Daniel hits him for that. Blushing intensely that his best friend really know the actually reason behind the 'plan of getting closer to his kids will makes you get closer to their dad' thingy. .

"Y-yeah well...I d-don't know w-what you're talking a-about." cursed for stammering and being so obviously that Daniel really wants to get closer to Seongwoo through his kids. That is bad though. Such a bad Daniel for using kids on trying to get to Seongwoo. 

"You're naughty though. Don't do that and used the boys for your own good. Anyway enough with that, let's see what he have in his pantry. It's like a food haven in here though. Damn look at all those food. How much does the guy spent for a month though?" Jaehwan gaped in awe of the full pantry filled with goody treats and foods and everything else in there.

"Well, he did sent me money at least three times in a week although I had keep telling him not to and the pantry is still very full of foods and yet he insisted and told me to just buy more that his sons like, which I was not sure of yet."

"Didn't he gave you the twins diary, journal or something on the day of his departure. Said that it contains almost every single information about the twins. Shouldn't there be something written in there about what they like to eat though."

Daniel snap and just remember about it. He stared at Jaehwan who gave him a disbelief look. How can he forget about that really helpful book full of great info on what the boys like and don't like. He'd once read it few days after Seongwoo's departure and then it just been left forgotten somewhere after that. 

"You've got to be kidding with me. How can you forget about that book. By all means did you read the whole thing or not?"

The blonde laughs, smiling sheepishly before he shakes his head. His friend smacks his head.

"Idiot. Next time read the whole book dammit. Then you could have guessed what they love to eat. How dense can you be when you're a brilliant surgeon, Kang Daniel."

"I'm sorry, just that my memory is bad. And I sort of misplaced it somewhere the next day after I've read it and now, well...when you ask me about the book, only just now I remembered it. Sorry, don't hit me!" Daniel winced, shielding his head with his hand when Jaehwan raised his to hit him again.

"You're an idiot. Unbelievable. Let's find the damn book. You owe me a full course dinner next time we hang out."

"Yes okay. I owe you now let's look for it and I'm really sorry."

~

"Niel appa, I'm hungry.."

"Me too, when is lunch starting."

"What's for lunch...we're so.."

"So very hungry and it's already.."

"Two in the afternoon.."

"Appa, I'm hungry too. Uncle Hwan, what's for lunch.."

The three boys starts whining, and getting sulkier and sulkier when they still haven't had their lunch and still waiting, sitting by the table staring at the two grown up rummaging around the house. Still trying to figure out where the book is. Jaehwan has been cursing for so many times whenever he pass by Daniel.

Daniel walks over to the twins room one more time, searching much more thoroughly through every nooks and crannies of the room until he came across a familiar pastel bluish purple book lying on the floor next to the side table of the twins bed. He widen his eyes and smiles, quickly grab on the book and yells out for Jaehwan to hear him.

"I've found it!!" and withing seconds Jaehwan came running into the room and he cheers in happiness. Finally able to stop this treasure hunting and starts going through the book.

They walked to the kitchen and sat down across the three boys, looking at them with a pout.

"Okay, okay. Food food food, what do Jinyoung and Daehwi likes to eat." they keep on flipping through every pages until the same page Daniel had read last week appears.

The two read through and like before, Daniel couldn't help but to smile at what is written inside, and so does Jaehwan. This is a life saver and a very well written journal about the boys. That even Jaehwan made a mental note if one day he got married and have kids, he might do the same thing like Seongwoo did. Buy a journal and write everything down about his kid and even about himself or wife just for a good measure.

'Things you need to know about Jinyoung and Daehwi. They have a very big appetites. It doesn't matter either it's breakfast, lunch, dinner or even supper. If they skip breakfast, they will want a brunch. Now, what do they like? A friendly reminder for me since they loves a lot of foods though, more than I do.'

'Jinyoung loves anything that is simply sweet but it also have to be a bit sour and spicy. While Daehwi eats almost anything that he finds it tasty. Not very picky for Daehwi so you'll be good with anything you cook or what you gave him to eat. Now Jinyoung, since he likes sweet but a little sour and spicy is rather hard. Although recently, I find him eating almost anything now and didn't pick what he wants much just like Daehwi.'

"Gosh, the boy sounded just like you Jaehwan. Picky."

"Shut up you idiot. I'm not that picky."

"Yes you are. You basically let us drive around the city looking for a restaurant that sells meat, which most of the restaurant we've passed by or walked in sells meat and is delicious too, yet you don't like it because of the environment? Seriously, that was bad though."

"Hey, I like places that gives a good vibe and welcomes you when you walk in to eat meat."

"Which none of it even make sense, stupid. In the end we went back to the first restaurant instead where you're commented that it have bad smells. Something like a meaty, raw smells. What do you expect it to smell like, your deodarant?"

"Shut up!"

"Ughh...you're the worst."

They continue on with the book again and the kids are still waiting, getting impatient by every seconds past.

'The best kind of food that I found that both of them enjoys so very much is beef or chicken bulbogi, kimbap, or bibimbap. A simple dish that every one can make and it does not take too much time to cook. Go with meat more when it comes to bulgogi. They both extremely love meats, just like I do. Well, who wouldn't love meat right.'

"So true." they both chuckles and proceed again.

'Aside from the three dishes I've named, will be pasta, or mac and cheese, or even a simple tteokbokki. Cheese tteokbokki though. Mmm, it makes my mouth water just by imagining about it. Pasta, any kind is find but especially meatballs. Mac and cheese, hah it's a cheese heaven though. Also, you can give them finger foods, such as popcorn chicken, chicken wings, fried scallops, or fish cake, chicken skewer, chicken tenders and etc. Oh and don't forget the veggies. They love veggies, much to my surpise though. Cut them into finger food so that they could eat it even while they play around. Carrots, cucumbers, baby tomatoes, brussel sprouts, cauliflowers and even celery. Wait, add sandwiches as one of their favorite too. PB&J for Jinyoung and Choclate Peanut for Daehwi.'

Seongwoo listed a lot more foods that is well loved by the twins and it sure gave the two of them a spirit and courage to start cooking. Plus, Seongwoo even jotted down the way how he often cooked that best suited for the twins. And boy does he wrote very clearly though.

"Seriously though. I want to marry this guy. He's very....so very well organized and damn, I think I might be in love with him."

"Back off, Seongwoo is mine. I've mark him first and you can't have him."

"Easy there lover boy. I'm joking alright but still, Seongwoo will be such a great husband or wife if he's a she. Okay, let's just start cooking, on what he have written in the book."

"Right." Daniel turns his head and bow to the boys who is now very pissed off because they still haven't had their lunch. And their stomach is grumbling so very much now.

"FOOD!"

"NOW!!"

"APPA!!"

"Okay okay, food is coming. Relax, we'll get it done soon."

~

After some time, the two manage to get the food ready and now happily yet exhaustedly watched the three boys wolfing down their food. They ended up cooking a simple pasta after debating on what they should cook. And even, almost burning down the whole kitchen thanks to the two most, biggest worst cooker ever. Well, Daniel is a bit more decent cooked rather than Jaehwan.

Even though it's only pasta, it was well cooked and they are proud of how it turns out. The three boys keeps humming, delighted and squealing everytime they shove a forkful of pasta into their mouth. A glass of apple juice for each one and not forgetting the finger food Seongwoo had mentioned, which is a simple carrots chopped into a stick like.

And for the first time also, Daniel saw Jihoon eating his veggies without complaining or throwing it away. Perhaps it's because of the twins that Jihoon ended up eating it too. He watched how the twins spontaneously grab one small carrot and munch at it and jumps in their seat, happy. So Jihoon did the same thing and well, he seems to like carrot now. That's good though. At least Jihoon is getting the healthy, green food along too.

"Please tell me that I can go home after this." Jaehwa starts, after he finished off his own pasta and downing the coke.

"No, you're gonna stay and help me get them to bed. Like, really though. I need you to help me cleaning up the house too. Seongwoo likes it spick and span though. And I have done a very good job in maintaining it that way."

"Damn you Daniel. I'm not a maid but fine, you're still owe me those dinner and now even owe me a week off from my shift."

"That's impossible though. I'm not the boss of the hospital."

"Ah, but you are the son of the 'boss' though. So make it happen."

"You little , fine. I'll try and talk to my father and will inform you if he grant it."

"Hehe, deal."

Their day goes on with them cleaning up the house and play with the kids and clean the house again, feeding the three pets now with Mr Floppy joining in, courtesy of Jihoon want him to be there and make friend with Groot and Rocket. Help the boys with their homework and bathe them and everything else.

Until the sky getting darker and darker. Jaehwan is already dead to the world after he took his shower and passed out on the couch in the living room. Daniel cursed him for breaking his promise on helping him getting the kids to bed.

But thankfully the boys were very tired and really am sleepy that they almost passed out too once Daniel gets them ready, changing them into their pj's.

He was ready to get the twins in their room when he was stopped by them, halfway through their room. Jihoon is rubbing his eyes, sleepily in Daniel's arm. But he held it in and look down to the twins just like Daniel did. Confused on why they stopped Daniel from going further.

"Is something wrong boys?" Daniel asks softly.

"We want to..."

"Sleep in daddy's room."

"We missed him..."

"So very much... Can we?"

Daniel gulped at that. For the past week, he had never had the guts or the courage to check Seongwoo's room. Because it's the older's privacy and it's his room for god sake that he shouldn't disturb it anyway. But he can't say no to his kids that misses him dearly, and wanting to sleep in his room. That is cruel, even he knows it. He heave a sigh and nods. Slowly walked back to the first door they had came across earlier on. Stopping in front of it.

"I'll open the door and you boys...umm, sleep okay."

Jinyoung and Daehwi shakes their head and grip onto the hem of Daniel's shirt.

"Niel appa will sleep with us.."

"It's lonely without Niel appa.."

"Please sleep with us in Daddy's room tonight.."

"Pretty please.."

Daniel bit his lips. Hand clenching and unclenching and sweaty. His heart is hammering for god knows how loud and hard it is right now. Again, he wished to say no but he can't went these two cuties gave him the puppy eyes. Cute as a puppy. So he have to give in and sigh. They have to sleep though and it's getting late and Jihoon is already that sleepy and was about to drift into his dreamland.

Daniel huff, nervously grab onto the doorknob and twisted it open. He was greeted with a very well, clean room. Neat is the best describe to a such a clean room. This will be the first time he had ever step into the older's room and was able to see how it looks like. It was rather simple and classic. Very neat is what he can say repeatedly. The room is pretty big, with a king sized bed sat in the middle of the room, few small potted plants around, a vanity with various types of perfume is what Daniel thinks, a door must be leading to the bathroom and a closet, containing every single branded clothes the older have, for sure. There is a working desk and a small bookshelf too that is full of books. Two sides table and even an armchair placed next to the bookshelf. There is even some dumbbell laying around in one corner. The wall is painted with a beautiful radiant blue, almost like blue sky. One big rags lay on the floor.

The room is really cozy, that's for sure. Jinyoung ran in, grab onto the remote for the air conditioner and turn it on in full blast. Daehwi had jump into the bouncy, soft, comfortable bed and snuggles onto one of the fluffy pillow. Inhaling into it, to get a whiff of his dad. It almost made him cry when Daehwi could smell his daddy scent though. Jinyoung crawls up and hugging the same pillow that Daehwi is holding. And he too felt like crying.

Daniel panic, closing the door and went to the twins. He sit on the bed, gently lay the already sleeping Jihoon and tucks him in. He reached out to the two boys hair and pulls them into a hug. Along with the pillow they still hold on tightly.

"Shh, there there boys. Don't cry. Please don't cry. Your daddy will be home soon, before you know it. Don't cry. Everything will be okay." He kissed the crown of their head to ease up the sobbings.

Both clutching on his shirt while they still hold the pillow with Seongwoo's scent on it.

"We m-miss him..."

"So..so much.."

"I know, I know you do. But stay strong and don't cry. He'll be back, soon. So you have to stop crying okay."

They sniffles a few more times before it dies down and their breath evens out, slowly. Both are now in deep sleep as they keep the pillow, hug it tightly into their arms even after Daniel tucks them in and took the free space next to them, to sleep.

He sigh and felt relax when he too could smell the older's scent through his blanket and the pillow he used to rest his head. Damn, it might be one of his favorite smell now. Seongwoo's scent is intoxicating him, making him drowsy and wanting more of it. , that is how super whipped Daniel is over Ong Seongwoo.

 

_______

 

;))))))))

Commets and upvote xDD

Typos and errors alert

These family is such a cutie!!!!! AGHHH!!! I can't xDD

Seongwoo! Come back home now lol!