Twenty Five

Attraction

Seongwoo is pissed off about something. Never is his life he is this mad or angry about something or someone. Especially not to his mother. He’s angry at her because she had rescheduled his flight to Italy several days earlier, which he was supposed to go about next month. But he was scheduled to leave in the next seven days. Like what the ?! He is not ready to leave his sons yet. Not like this and how is he supposed to explain to them.

The older know that Jinyoung and Daehwi are a crybaby especially when it comes to Seongwoo. Everything about their father, either him being sick, hurt, sad, or leaving the two for work (across the globe) will always sadden them. They cry and wailed for the whole day or two. Crying to sleep and it continues until the day of his flight. So, now he have a major crisis. He need to discuss this with his mother. He need to at least know why he is needed in Italy in seven days when he was supposed to be there next month.

Seongwoo punched the button to the top floor when he entered the elevator. Arms crosses over his chest with his face all frowning and looking so very unhappy at the thought of him leaving earlier than scheduled. He tap his foot on the metal floor as it brings him to the toppest floor.

Once it dings and stopped, he walk out of it and ignoring the greeting that two of his mother secretaries said to him. Pushing the door without a knock or a hello to say that he is coming in.

”Eomma!” Is the first thing he said when he burst into the room, startling the older woman that was sitting at her desk, writing something on her computer. Her two secretaries ran in frantically, bowing to her.

”We’re sorry that we didn’t get to notifiy you he was coming in Mrs Ong.” said one of them still bowing profusely at the older woman.

Seongwoo gave them a side eye in annoyance. His mother waves her hand up as a signal of saying that it was fine and just told them to leave tnem and they did, closing the door behind with a click. Mrs. Ong stand up, fixing her skirt that she think might be a little crumpled and walked towards her son, who still looking so very annoyed about something, that supposedly know of.

”Seongwoo, it is so rare to see you coming to my office. Plus calling me ‘eomma’ for the first time ever since you started working here. You never did call me that when we are at work, said that we need to be professional and-“

”Cut the crap eomma. I came here because I wanted to ask you on why I needed to fly to Italy earlier than I am supposed to? Like why?”

That does get his mother to shut up and looking right back at him as if she is trying to find a very good reason for his answer. She sigh and calmly walk to her couch and motion for him to sit down next to her. She offered him if he need a drink, coffee or tea but Seongwoo refused. He came just to get an answer and that’s it.

Even though Seongwoo refuses any drink, she still make one for him, his favorite cup of coffee. All black with one sugar cube, stir it three times and let it sit. She has been doing it ever since Seongwoo had his first coffee and she will always laughs whenever she made him his coffee because he was so much like her husband. Like father, like son. Wonder if Jinyoung and Daehwi would follow on Seongwoo's footsteps.

She placed it in front of him and took a seat next to her son, sipping her coffee and admiring the aroma of the coffee beans. It always made her calm. Seongwoo rolled his eyes but he still take a sip of the coffee, and he pleasantly smile at the taste of it. No doubt that her mother always make the best coffee no matter how many times had he drink one from almost every single coffee shops he came across with.

Once that is done, the older woman turn slightly to face her son with a kind smile. "Alright honey, what was it that you want to talk about?" she starts, placing a hand on Seongwoo's knee.

The other looked at her, "About Italy." he said flatly without any smile and without any ill manners in his tone. 

Mrs. Ong make a O shape with . She knew that Seongwoo will eventually came to find her when they announced that he have to fly to Italy in seven days. And she knows exactly why Seongwoo is so unhappy and upset when he first barged into her office earlier. 

~

"Before you you starts questioning me with your millions of questions, let me simply gave you the reason why you are needed there in seven days." she paused, just to make sure that Seongwoo will let her continue when she finds him staring back at her, "Simply because our rivals company are trying to sabotage the runway. I heard that they had plan on flying to Italy on the day that you were supposed to be, to try and stop you. Humiliates you in front of hundreds of people. They know that you are the best of the best in Seoul and our greatest weapon, so they thought of taking you down on that day. I mean, not just simply ruining your designer outfits but actually harming you, honey." there is a slightly concern tone laced over her voice when she said that. Her eyes darken but was more heavily mask by concern.

Seongwoo didn't say anything, not sure what to say. He could still take the risk and just go there next month and perhaps hired more body guards to follow him around but he never likes to have someone keeping an eye on him. He rather be going around alone, because most of his fans respect his privacy, except maybe the one time he and Daniel and their sons were walking around the mall though. But they did leave them be once he asked them politely.

He shuts his eyes and slumped backwards into the couch. Hands running up to his face and hair. 

"So, you wanted me to go and join the first batch of the runway and come back after what a week?"

"Two weeks actually. You are needed to be ther for two whole weeks."

That snaps him up. Seongwoo sat up straight and stared back at his mother with wide eyes.

"Two weeks!? Two weeks? Eomma, I can't leave the boys for that long. You know how they are when I'm not around. And who is gonna look after them and send them to school or help them with their homework when I'm gone. Eomma, Jinnie and Hwi hates it when I leave them. Do you still remember when you sent me to go for a conference which is really unnecessary but you still sent me anyway, to Japan?" he said with one breath, panting when he just finished the whole thing up.

"Yes I remember and-"

Seongwoo raised a finger up to stop her, "Although it was only for couple of days, do you know how much they had cried for those couple of days when I was in Japan? And the thought.....They thought that I was leaving them, for forever eomma. They were still so young back then and does not anything much but it hurts to see them like that. They practically cried again when I came home, and gosh, they stick to me for the past several days after that. Not wanting to let me go at all, that I had to bring them along with me to work, eomma. Do you still remember that? It was horrible."

"Eomma knows that honey. But this time it's really important and I need you to be there by next week and nailed the runway and get them to sign their contract with our company. And also because I don't want you to get hurt. So when I heard of the sabotage, I quickly called for Sophie in Italy to moved your name into the first batch of the runway. Please honey. Do this for eomma."

She scoot closer and took Seongwoo's hand and gave them a squeeze. Her eyes were staring back at him and try to get Seongwoo to give in. He is gonna be dealing with a really upset boys later when he tell them about his departure to Italy. And also might throwing their tantrums at him too. Well, he have to be ready when he tell them and so Seongwoo sigh and softly says 'okay'. His mother smiles happily and gave him a hug.

"Thank you my baby. I know will disappoint your eomma."

He snorts, rolling his eyes. "Then help me deal with the upcoming angry twins, later. There is gonna be lots of throwing stuff or maybe just a simple wailing and cries though. They are so gonna hate me. And I'm gonna blame you for making them cry, eomma." he threatens but it was not serious. 

Mrs. Ong laughs and drink her coffee whole, "I will take the responsibilty in dealing with my grandsons, Seongwoo. Don't you worry."

"I think I should though. Worrying because honestly, they are pretty wild and aggresive when they are upset."

The older woman chuckles, "Nothing that I can't handle, dear Seongwoo. I've dealt with lots of stuff and even the temper sometime your father had and even yours. So it will be easy peasy."

"I sure hope so."

The two Ong stay a little while longer, with his mother keep teasing him and asking Seongwoo if he had found someone special and asked him when he is gonna settle himself down and get married. Does every mother do this to their kid though? Although he is sure that he had found someone who he most probably want to spend his lifetime with, Seongwoo is not gonna tell her that, yet. Let's just keep it that way for now.

 

_________

 

Finally I've made an update after a long time of hiatus, or really not a sort of hiatus at all xDD because I simply want to focus on my You are Beautiful fic since it's was about to end, and well it has ended now though.

Literally the end but it will continue on in my drabbles collection :DDD

Anyway, comments and upvote.

Typos and errors alert...oh and like before I introduced Daniel's father, this time though I introduced Seongwoo's mother xD

Hahaha, next update will either be tomorrow or by this weekend ^^