Thirty

Attraction

“Let’s see what lies behind the book that Seongwoo hyung gave to me.” Daniel flips over the pages and his eyes went wide. He was amazed that a person like Ong Seongwoo that is a very busy person doing al kinds of modelling, CFing, filming, shooting, editing can have the time to organized and make a book of plan regarding the twins. It was tremendously thorough, and full of helpful information for Daniel to fit his time with the twins, following every single schedule Seongwoo have written with bold marker and highligter where it was important.

Daniel take his time going through the book since the kids are at school and he have exactly two hours to go before the kids coming out of school.

He flips over and over, reading every single of Seongwoo’s writing and when he came across a certain page, Daniel paused and smile.

EVERYDAY JINNIE & HWIHWI <3

’Jinyoung loves to eat his pancake with apricot jem and with slight butter on top.’

’But Daehwi loves to eat his with blueberry and strawberry jem and top it up with some maple syrup.’

’Oh don’t forget the fruits. They need it as their last toppings for the pancake. Anything is fine, especially strawberry, raspberry and cherry. It’s their favorite fruits’

Daniel chuckles at that. Those fruits are not cheap and they are seasonal, so how can Seongwoo get his hand on those fruits anyway and even have a stash of it in his freezer too. Yes, he checked and there were a lot. He continue on with the tips. Might as well put it to good use though, since Daniel hardly know what the two boys likes anyway. Except that they kind of taking Daniel as the second dad seriously and being very friendly with him.

’I find it hard to believe that these two are even twins. They don’t really have anything in common much except for their way of talking. Loving to end each other’s sentences which I find it rather adorable and pure cuties too.’

’Jinyoung’s go to shampoo and body wash have to be orange and mango aroma, while Daehwi’s are vanilla and/or aloe vera. Or even peach.’

”Hey, peach is my favorite too.” Daniel talked to himself while he keeps reading. Finding that Daehwi likes peach just like he did, but not exactly his favorite fruit that he wish to eat, or maybe it is. He continue on, too excited about what else he might find in the book, that he was overwhelm and drown by it.

'Jinyoung and Daehwi both love lilac and I'm not sure why. It's pretty simple looking flower but they seems to love it that much, that even to the point where we once passed by a flower shop, they had force me to buy them some. Random fact though but guess it's still something I need to keep in mind.'

'Jinyoung is a cat person while Daehwi is a dog person or both, since he doesn't mind having dog and cat in the same room. But Jinyoung is okay with dogs too so, guess the three of us are okay with either one of those furry critters.'

"So they don't really mind if they have cats and dogs in their house. Nice, perhaps I could try and bring my little girls someday from Busan though." he said to himself again. As he was reading the book, he heard some barking coming from the kitchen and even meowing. Daniel glance over from the couch and before he know it, two jumpy furry critters ran out from the kitchen. He was not really a dog person though but he's not afraid of it. Just surprised when he sees the shiba inu that remember Seongwoo had adopted with the twins. Then the small birman kitten.

"Oh, it must be your time to eat. I'm sorry for that, too occupied with the book that I didn't realized that it should be time for your lunch. Come, let's see what Seongwoo hyung have in store for you though."

Like the two fur balls know what he was talking about, they follow Daniel into the kitchen. Obediently sat on the floor with their small, tiny tails wags around in excitement. Daniel went through the pantry, and manage to spot the canned food and some crunchies. He took the canned food instead, one for the cat and one for the dog. He read it and check the expiry date before he opens it. The two canned are for babies still since, technically they are still a pup and a kitten.

He rummage through the cabinet to find a spoon, but was sure that Seongwoo might have keep one specially to use for the pets food. He can't go and take one that Seongwoo used for them to eat. No way. But thank god he found it, because Seongwoo labeled it. 

"Damn this guy is really, pretty well organized. I have got to court him. Daniel, what are you talking about." he shakes his head and headed to the shared bowl (divided into two attached bowl) where the two fur balls are waiting for the food. He gave them a generous amount of food and watched them wolfing the food. Then he went to store the food and sealed with a plastic lid on and went out to go through the book again. But not before he glance at the clock wall.

"Ah! Wait, did I actually read the book that long though? Wow, how can I not realized that it's time to pick the boys out. , better stepped on it before I'm late." Daniel quickly grab his car key and ran out of the house. Using the key, he locked it and check it just to be sure and ran to his car.

~

"Appa is here. Quick Jinnie, Hwihwi. Let's go home." Jihoon happily said to the two boys, taking both of their hands and they sprinted off.

Daniel welcomed them with a wide smile, firstly taking Jihoon into his arm when the younger ran directly into his arm and gave Daniel a hug. While the two boys seemingly look shy to even give Daniel a hug. It's okay though, because he's not their father but for now just their guardian.

"How have you boys been doing? Good? What have you learn from the teacher today, Hoonie?" he asked his son, poking on the smaller chubby cheek around which made Jihoon giggles.

"We learn new way to remember ABC's while singing." Jihoon chirped bubbly at the thought when they all sand ABC song.

"Ah, that's great. Teach appa that later yeah." Jihoon nods and hums some song while Daniel averted his eyes down to the twins, who is holding each other's hand. He smiles and walked closer to the two even with Jihoon still in his arm.

"Jinyoung, Daehwi. Everything alright? You don't need to be shy around me, okay. Your father have put his trust on me to look after you both while he's away. Please don't be all awkward around me, okay."

"Okay, uncle."

"Nae uncle."

"What did I tell you....I mean, what did your father told you about calling me uncle. He said to be comfortable and just openly call me daddy if you want to. He did said that you two will probably missed him so much and miss calling 'daddy' so just me call me daddy or dad or appa if you. I'd rather like that actually."

They both contemplates whether they should use that or not, but what Daniel and their father had said was true. They love having Daniel's company around now after Seongwoo had left for Italy few days ago. They are still quite awkward around each other and have been restraining themself in calling Daniel, daddy or even appa. Both felt slight at ease when they Daniel reach his hand down to ruffles their hair.

They smile up at the older man.

"Can we call you....appa too?"

"Like Hoonie?"

Daniel smiles wider and so did Jihoon (who has been anticipating for them to say that). 

"Yes, please do. Appa is fine."

Somehow their shyness disappear after that and they gave the man a hug. Missing the way they always ran to Seongwoo and hug their daddy's long legs before he scooped the two off the ground and gave them a proper hug.

~

That night, Daniel slept in the etxra room with the boys. He didn't expect that Daehwi was very affecionate and clingy when it comes to sleep. Surpisingly Daehwi had stop being shy about around Daniel, and now snuggling next to him with Jinyoung spooning his younger twin. The oldest twin are just still a tad bit shy around Daniel but had openly wanting to be close to him too. Not directly. Jihoon was sleeping on top of his body. Dead to the world while Daehiw and Jinyoung requested for Daniel to give Seongwoo a video call. Wishing to see their daddy's face before they go to sleep.

Despite the time difference, Seongwoo still pick up the call even though he was in the middle of rehearsal for the runway.

The twins beams and smiles widely when they saw Seongwoo's face appear on the tiny screen. Even Daniel was smiling at the older.

My babies.....aigoo Daddy misses you so very much. How are you boys doing?

"Good Daddy.."

"Appa Niel brought us to Mcdonald after he pick us up..."

"From school and we had new toys from..."

"The happy meal set!"

Daniel chuckles along with Seongwoo. Somehow he too misses Seongwoo's voice and his face. Wow he's talking like he is Seongwoo's boyfriend or wife which is currently being the housewife, waiting for the husband to come home.

Is that so? Did you say thank you to him? Did they say thank you to you, Daniel?

"They did. Before you ask, they didn't give me any troubles at all."

You've read my mind there, bud. Anyway let me give the two a goodbye kiss. 

Seongwoo make a kissy face waiting for Daniel to give his phone to the twins. He couldn't help but cooed at the twins adorableness as they smooch the screen with a smack sound when their lips collided with Daniel's phone. He hears the older laughing, and then Jinyoung's turn with giving Seongwoo the kiss.

"Miss you Daddy."

"So very much. Come home soon.."

I will, don't worry. Be good to Niel appa and behave. Let's talk more tomorrow okay. Now go to sleep and good night babies. Love you both very much.

Seongwoo blow a kiss from the other side and the two reached out and make a grabby hand like to get the kiss from Daniel, giggling before they wish him good night and say 'love you too daddy' in unison, and pass the phone back to Daniel.

Thank you for looking after them Daniel. They can be a handful but I'm sure they'll behave. 

"Indeed they did, hyung. No need to be worry about them. Good luck on your runway though. I'll text or video call you again when they ask."

Sure Daniel and thank you. Sleep tight.

They both waves their hands to each other and ended the call. Daniel yawns, glancing down to Jihoon who is still sleeping soundly, his hair before he pull the blanket over them all.

Daehwi snuggles closer, clutching the shirt Daniel is wearing. Jinyoung spooned him and try to reach out and grab on the end part of Daniel's shirt if he could.

"Good night Niel appa."

"Yes good night appa."

"Good night boys."

 

________

 

Updated :D

Leave your comments and upvote

Typos and errors alert.