Fifteen

Attraction

Daniel ended up joining the group for dinner although he was not supposed to be there but Dongho and Jonghyun had persuaded him to stay and have dinner with them. They supposed to have a welcoming party for Jonghyun since he had come back home and will permanently stay here is Seoul. That's why they've planned this and Jonghyun had known since Minki just spill the beans a week before his arrival.

"I'm sorry that I didn't have a high chair for the kids though..."

Seongwoo shakes his head when Jonghyun apologized, "No worries. They can sit on the chair properly now. No high chair needed." He was proud to say that because his twins did a good job sitting down in the normal height chair without needing any help.

Although they tend to slip once or twice before they managed to properly climbed up the chair. Well, they are 5 years old, what do you expect them to be. Of course they should already know how to use the chair and not using the high chair anymore.

Jihoon was the same like Jinyoung and Daehwi. He too can sit all on his own now and he doesn't need the high chair too but he and the twins weren't that tall enough to reached the top of the table so sometimes Daniel would stacked up some pillows underneath so that he was taller and so did Seongwoo to his twins.

For dinner, they cooked and for the first time, they didn't call any take outs but actually cooked, courtesy of Minhyun, Seongwoo and Jonghyun. This trio are the all star chef when it comes to cooking a meal or prepare group meals. It's either being Minhyun alone, or just Seongwoo, or even just Jonghyun. But most of the time, the will cooked together or just two out of three of them will.

Everything was great except that Seongwoo and Daniel would always akwardly laughs or just simply looked at each other sometimes. They still couldn't really speak properly even after their short talk that day.

JinHwi is annoyed and so does Jihoon. The three of them keep looking back and forth between their fathers. How can this two grown up man be so shy towards each other!

"Seongwoo...I heard that you just land a big project by next month."

Jonghyun break the akward silence between them because he couldn't take it. So he will first ask Seongwoo than shift to Daniel and maybe then something would click between the two.

"Ohh yeah, I did. Actually it's a runway though. Basically I have to leave...." he paused and glanced down to his sons who was busy munching over the grilled chicken .

"Uhh, you know...." Seongwoo did a lot sign language so that Jonghyun and even the others would understand him. He can't say that he need to fly away to Italy next month for the runway and will be away from his sons for about two weeks. Because the last time he did, the two boys (around 3 years old) actually latched themself onto his leg, like a baby koala or a sloth. They would wailed the whole day and cried until they reached the airport. That was the worst kind of day for Seongwoo since he had to leave his sons to his parents and he was very sad and broken hearted to ever leave them but he had to, for work.

That was not the first time, he go through the exact same scenario couple more times after that.

Now, he pray that they all would catch what he wanted to say and thank god they did and all just nods their head, understanding Seongwoo's dilemma so Jonghyun didn't pushed further and shifted to Daniel.

"So Daniel, how was the hospital? Heard that you still have that gifted hands of yours by saving millions of lives. That must be something."

Daniel choked on his drink. He shouldn't be like that since what Jonghyun just said is true. Not really the part of saving millions but he did save lots of lives but nothing near millions.

"Ohh..ahh, yeah..Hospital great and I don't really saved millions of lives Jonghyun hyung. It's really nothing special."

"Ahh, come on. You don't need to be that shy, baby bro. You have to admit, everytime you go and stick your nose into someone else's case you would ended up saving them when they said they can't save the people. It's a miracle and your hands are magic."

Daniel smiles bashfully at the compliments. He wanted to hide away from all of the olders but especially from Ong Seongwoo. Why, no reasons actually but he just wanted to. He slightly glanced at the latter and his heart just skipped a beat when Seongwoo was smiling softly at him or like he was smiling with lots of fondness or maybe amusement.

He stammered at the next word, "For...for now, I mean....right now I'm on vacation."

They all quirked their eyebrows at the statement. Daniel looked at everyone on the table, including Seongwoo (trying his best not to blush).

"Vacation?" Dongho was the first to ask since he is the younger's older brother. "How come I didn't know that."

"What do you mean you don't know. I just told you through our conversation earlier, remember? Seriously hyung, go check your brain because you're getting old and it seems your memories is rotting so fast these days."

Dongho leaned forward and gave Daniel a smack on his head. He whined and hissed at Dongho but at the same time chuckles since he manage to make his brother flushed because of being forgetful. It's not even that long and he already forgot what they talked about during their phone calls.

~

It's still early and everybody is free and tomorrow is Sunday so none of them have any work to do so they decided to stay a while longer and starts hanging around in the backyard. Just wanted to feel the fresh air said Sungwoon, or gazed up on the stars said Minhyun and Jonghyun, or simply lay down on the grass said Taehyun. They did everything. Some of them just laze around the grass or lay there to gazed upon the stars. Some just sits around to get relax and perhaps dozed off if they could. Or simply just smoked, which what Dongho is doing right now. He did stay bit far away from them so that the kids won't inhale the smoke.

Seongwoo and his twins sat on the swings which Jonghyun had actually bought because he loves swings. It's practically a patio sort of swings and not like the ones in the playground. So they got to relax and using his long legs, Seongwoo pushed to sway the swing a little as he gazed up on the night sky. He rarely sees a clear night sky after he moved to Seoul since the sky would be over shadowed by the tall sky scrappers and hides away the beauty of the night skies with street lamps and everything else. So he was obviously enjoying the night, as his hand absentmindedly Daehwi's hair as the boy fall asleep on his lap and lulling Jinyoung with a pat on his arm as the other boy leaned closed to Seongwoo's chest also sleeping. 

They were tired and so does Seongwoo but he agreed to stay for little while longer before he takes his leave to get the twins to bed. By the corner of his eyes, he could catched a movement, slowly approaching him and the twins and he slightly turned to see who was coming over. 

It was Kang Daniel and Jihoon who were also fast asleep in his arm, cheeks squished on his should with one arm dangling while another were hugging Daniel's neck but it slipped off when Daniel position the boy back up when he felt like the boy was sliding down.

Daniel paused on his track and smile sheepishly at Seongwoo and asked, "Can I....take a seat?"

Seongwoo nods, motioning Daniel with his head to take a seat next to him. He gave him some more space as he pull Daehwi's up to his lap so that the boy now is sitting on top of his lap with their chest pressed together. Daehwi automatically nuzzles into his chest and wrapped his tiny arm around Seongwoo's back.

"Lay him down. You looked uncomfortable by carrying him like that. There is enough space, so lay him down."

Seongwoo pats the empty space between them so that Daniel could place Jihoon down and lay his head on his lap. He did do so and say thanks to Seongwoo and they goes back into their akward silence but it's a little more comfortable than before.

"Kang Daniel..." the blonde suddenly blurted out. Why in the hell does he need to say that when Ong Seongwoo already know who he is, like they've introduced themself earlier today.

Seongwoo chuckles, "I know...Didn't we introduced ourself before? But if it makes you feel comfortable, I'm Ong Seongwoo."

Daniel was the one who gave a chuckles back, "Sorry, it just slipped off my mouth."

"Sure it did. How old is Jihoon?"

"5 years old."

"Ah, same like Jinyoung and Daehwi then. He's adorable though. Have the same smiles like his father."

Daniel shyly smiles at that, scratching his neck before he said, "T..thanks. Your twins are adorable too and they are really smart, just by listening to the way they boasted about what they do in school is enough proof to see they are smart, like their dad."

"Hahaha, I'm not that smart....or maybe I am but I don't care. Anyway, thank you once again for fetching my sons for me today. I don't know why Dongho did that but it's a good enough reasons for me to finally talk with you, Daniel ssi. Like properly talk."

"Ahh, it's not a problem...really. Ahh, hyung can be very persistent sometimes and well...I think the same way too, Seongwoo ssi."

They both talk about their lifes and about how they adopted their sons and the reasons behind it before they call it a night. They didn't really exchange their phone number and Daniel cursed for being a coward to not even able to get Ong Seongwoo's number. He likes talking to the man because Seongwoo was very easy going person and very kind, very approachable and funny if you slowly get to know him better. (Guess he did? Or maybe not...and Daniel need to get closer)

 

____

 

New update :DD

Leave your comments and upvote ^^

Typos alert

OngNiel have a bit longer conversation which each other :DD

The papers will be passed down to them in the next chapter :333