6: A Kiss Costs A Slap

Revealing Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yoona POV]

 

I really was in need of notebooks and the school supply shop I know is at the mall where it's kind of far away from here, I need to commute to get there. But I thought of not commuting as I remember Hyoyeon has a car she told me that I can use if I wanted to. I quickly grabbed my phone underneath the pillow and texted Hyoyeon.

 

To: Hyoyeon

Can I borrow your car?

 

I already sent the message and I just mentally slapped myself for forgetting to greet her first.

 

From: Hyoyeon

Hello to you too. Anyway, sure, go and get the key here in my apartment.

 

To: Hyoyeon

Thank you very much!

 

I immediately stood up and changed into casual clothes and sneakers, getting my phone and sling bag that contains my wallet and apartment key in it before leaving, walking my way to Hyoyeon's apartment. When I got into her apartment, I saw her exiting the bedroom. "Hey!" She greeted me with a wide smile. Hm... There’s something different with my best friend, I’ve never seen her that happy before. I thought, studying her face.

 

"What's with the wide smile, huh?" I asked her.

 

"Nothing…" She answered, still smiling.

 

"Nothing my ," I snort. "Come on, tell me." I playfully hit her shoulder.

 

"Fine…" She sighed. "Yuri asked me out." She said and giggled.

 

"Congrats!" I told my best friend with a smile, I'm happy for her. Then my smile vanished as soon as Jessica popped into my mind. When can I do that with Jessica? I wondered.

 

"Yeah…" She handed me the keys. "Here's the car key." Oh, I forgot about it for a while. "Where are you going and you are going to use a car?"

 

"I'll go to the mall, that's where the nearest school supply store."

 

"Ah, I'm meeting Yuri there too!"

 

I gasped. "Let’s just go in one car then."

 

"No, we're going separately."

 

"Why?"

 

"We don't know what time our date will be done, and we don't want any tag along."

 

"Right…" I sighed. "You're also going now?" I asked.

 

"Later."

 

"Okay, see you; tell me about your date later." I said before leaving her apartment.

 

I went to the parking lot, finding her car. After few minutes, I found it and unlocked the car, going in and starting the engine. I held the steering wheel and sighed, attaching and dettaching my fingers on it while wondering if Yuri went with Jessica to the mall. I sighed again, hoping she did. Before I can think of anything else, I reversed the car and drove off to the mall.

 

 

I immediately went out of the car as I arrived at the mall's parking lot and found an empty lot to park the car, walking my way to the entrance. I walked around the mall, taking my time, and eventually getting to the school supply shop. As I entered, I saw two familiar girls separating their way, Jessica and Yuri. Oh my god, she's here! I panicked.

 

I glanced at Jessica's back one last time before following Yuri, luckily she's in the section where the notebooks category is. I get enough notebooks I needed for the school year before I 'accidentally' bumped into her, causing her to look at me.  "Sorry." I softly apologized.

 

"Ah no, it's okay." She said, then her eyes widen as she came into realization. "Oh, it's you Yoona-yah." She smiled.

 

"Yeah…" I smiled back.

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

"I'm going to buy some notebooks for this school year, I only have a few for other subjects, so yeah."

 

She just nod and went back to finding something. I just shrugged and turned around, I was going to leave when she suddenly spoke. "Wait."

 

"Yes?"

 

"Can I ask you something regarding Jessica?"

 

"Sure."

 

"What did you do to my best friend that made her hate you?" She asked.

 

"I didn't do something to her, I just... uh... something happened in the school, in the restroom." I said. "I don't know if I should tell you, but I feel like I needed to, and I hope you'll keep it a secret to others. So, I'll tell you." She just nod, she looks trustworthy although I don't know her. I sighed before telling her what happened in the restroom between me and Miss Hwang and how Jessica exactly heard us into it.

 

After telling her about it, she has this crazy smile plastered on her face. "Did you tell her this too?" She asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter