26: Missing In Action

Revealing Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yoona POV]

 

When the bell rang, signaling us it's already our 15-minute recess, I told my girlfriend I’ll go and talk to Taeyeon since she said she's going in Yuri's classroom to help her best friend with her project. When I reached Taeyeon's classroom, I went in and didn't see her there. I sighed and went to one of her classmates, who’s the class president too. "Where's Taeyeon?" I asked.

 

She looked at the attendance sheet, I also did and scanned it, and her name is easily found since she's one of the 3 absentees. "She's absent."

 

I have a bad feeling. I haven't talked to her since the last time we did. How long already? 2 days and today is the 3rd day. It's been 2 days since I talked to her properly, she's present in school but her looks are so different. She looks like she's not sleeping properly; the bags under her eyes are getting darker. She's been acting so weird and when I tried talking to her, she's always making excuses just not to talk to me. I can see the sadness and fear whenever I look at Taeyeon even if she's trying to avoid me, it's written on her face. When I tried finding for Tiffany, I can't see her too. And today, Taeyeon is absent again! Those two are missing in action for who knows how long already!! I really feel something bad is happening.

 

I remember that day when I walked into Tiffany doing something to Taeyeon that it made her uncomfortable, but Taeyeon just won't talk. I know there's something wrong but she chose not to talk about it.

 

I even remember one of Tiffany's threats. "...your so-called best friend is on the line here."

 

Aish... Taeyeon, I hope you're fine.

 

When the bell rang and the teacher dismissed us, I immediately left the classroom and walked my way to the locker room, just right in front of my girlfriend's locker. I waited for her and she's finally here. "Hey, we need to talk." I started when she went in front of her locker, unlocking it with her small key.

 

"Okay." She opened her locker and placed the books she holding inside neatly before closing and locking it again. "But let's talk about Taeyeon." She said.

 

"That's who we are going to talk about anyway."

 

"Right… You talk first." She just chuckled but I see worry in her eyes and I think we are having the same thoughts. There's something wrong going on between Taeyeon and Tiffany.

 

"I walked into Tiffany making Taeyeon uncomfortable few days ago. Since then, I haven't talked to Taeyeon properly. And now she's absent. Tiffany is nowhere to be found too." I bit my lower lip. "I'm afraid Tiffany is doing something to Taeyeon."

 

When I said that, she suddenly fished her phone out of her pocket. "Taeyeon just sent me a message." She said and we read it together.

 

From: Taeyeon

Hidden feelings

I know having it is evitable

Like how I had one and kept it from you

I know someday it'll pass

Maybe I just need time

And I think it's enough

 

At first, I got mad when I read it. Like hell, why would she send Jessica this kind of message?! Hidden feelings? Tsk… I mentally face palmed myself when I remember what we were supposed to do right no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter