36: The Lone Flame

Revealing Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Third Person POV]

 

"Ah! It's Lone Flame!!"

"Notice me, my baby Flame!"

"Lone! Marry me!!"

 

The mentioned person kept on walking, ignoring the admirers around her. She put on a stone cold face with her chin up like she always does, walking her way throughout the small crowd that surrounded her.

 

"Wait up, Lone!" Hearing a very familiar voice calling her, she slow down her steps and didn't bother look as there's no need to do so to know who that is.

 

Thinking about it, her heart churned at the unintentional reminiscing of their memories together. It was the voice who made her believe that she won't be left with a broken heart, the voice that she missed hearing the words 'I love you' from, the voice that she loved listening to. She felt betrayed and pathetic; betrayed because her loved ones has an affection for someone who is not her, and deceived her by the sweet talks; pathetic for chasing and begging someone who doesn't love you anymore to stay. From then on, she made a decision for herself and that is to never let anybody affect you as much as you do to them. Don't chase them, let them chase you.

 

All of that are locked in the past now, chains tightly gripping the box of memories and feelings for Sooyoung that were never to be opened again.

 

When that person already caught up with her, they continued walking. "I-I'm sorry." Sooyoung muttered. Lone looked at her expressionless, causing the other girl to look away.

 

The Lone Flame chose to just ignore the girl beside her, there's nothing she wants to tell her, she doesn't want to talk to her neither. Add to that, Sooyoung asked a favour which was against her will but she did nonetheless, and it spiced up how she hated her ex-girlfriend.

 

"Hey!" Hyoyeon and Yuri, their co-members, greeted them. Lone only waved her hand while Sooyoung gave them a small smile, the four of them made their way to the rehearsal room.

 

"Where did you guys go earlier?" Hyoyeon warily asked as soon as they stepped in the rehearsal room, they were the first to get in.

 

Their co-members knew of their past because who wouldn't? They are in the same group after all. She's concern of her best friend's feelings, especially when she saw Taeyeon so troubled and deep in thoughts earlier.

 

"I'm in the school's fitness gym earlier." Lone answered before Sooyoung does. True anyway, she always hit the school's fitness gym early in the morning first before doing other stuffs since nobody is in the place at that time and she likes working out all by herself.

 

"And I happen to run into her on the way here." Sooyoung added.

 

Hyoyeon just nod and grabbed Yuri's hand, pulling her to the other side of the rehearsal room. She fished her phone out before connecting it to the speaker, playing some EDM music to snatch their boredom away while waiting for their other mates.

 

"Hey, I-I'm sorry."

 

Lone faced the apologetic girl beside her, still no emotion written on her face. "Look, if you are playing around, don't drag me into your game anymore because what you did earlier will be the last time."

 

She heard the girl heaved a deep sigh before speaking, a frown plastered on her face. "You do not understand the reason I'm doing this."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter