13: Purple Hyacinth Flowers

Revealing Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jessica POV]

 

As I stepped out of Yoona's car, I walked my way to my own car and unlocked it before going in. I sighed and started the engine; I placed my hands on the steering wheel, thinking if I should go home or just go somewhere else.

 

I started driving when I've already made the decision. I will visit someone precious to me; I want to talk to that person, although I know that person won't answer me. I went to a flower shop and bought a few purple hyacinth flowers before going back in the car, and drove off to the place I decided to go.

 

I find for an unoccupied parking lot when I was near the location I’m going to and parked my car before turning the engine off. I brought the flowers with me as I went out of the car and walked my way to the place. My eyes starts forming tears with every step I take, tears starts flowing as I get nearer to the place.

 

When I finally stopped in front of the grave, I knelt down as I felt my knees got jelly, tears continued falling from my eyes as I placed the flowers in front of the grave.

 

I breathed in and out deeply, trying to calm myself down before I start speaking. "I-It's been s-so long Taeyeon-ah..." I stuttered, can't stop myself from shaking. I stared at the grave as I remember the past.

 

I was the reason why we broke up. She was the one who initiated to start the relationship, but I was the one who put an ending to it.

 

I regret it to be honest, she was always crying and begging for me to take my words back, but what's done is done, I can't take it back. I love her and seeing her like that hurts me, but I can't do anything with it, it shall be done.

 

She was always asking me what have she done, why did I ended my relationship with her, have she done something wrong. She didn't do anything wrong for me to end our relationship, it was because of my dad, he doesn't approve my relationship with her; it even came to the point that she has been verbally abused at school... yes, my dad can do that because of connections... and she still didn't give up on us; that's why I just ended our relationship instead of seeing her having a really hard time because of my dad, I don't deserve such a beautiful and kind-hearted girl. Then one day, she finally stopped and went distant from me.

 

Every night, I cried myself to sleep, hoping that I can just forget everything, hoping that I can turn back the time and had the courage to fight for us. Every night, all I think was her, I was actually building up my courage to talk to her and when I felt that the right time has come, I thought I can still talk to her, I thought I can still see her again, I thought I’ll hear her voice once again. I was so nervous on my way to her house, trying to calm myself down and thinking of what I’m going to say.

 

When I arrived, the door to her house wasn't locked and I opened it with my hands quivering and went in. Nobody was at the ground floor of the house, not even her twin or parents. I looked around and when I got to her bedroom, my heart starts beating hard against my chest. I rotated the door knob and pushed the door open, what reveals in front of me was the worst thing I saw in my entire life. Taeyeon is lying on the floor, lifeless, with pills scattered on the floor and its container just beside her. I read the words written on it and it said 'phenobarbital'. I immediately carried her with the help of adrenaline and brought her to the hospital and waited outside the emergency room.

 

I fished my phone out, even though her parents and I aren't in good terms because of what happened between us, I called them, I told them about Taeyeon. Her parents arrived as soon as the doctor went out; he said he wasn't able to make Taeyeon alive, telling me that it was too late. I was all too late... she died and it was the worst day of my life.

 

"I missed you." I said, still crying my heart out. "I hope you'll hear me out." I placed my hand on the grave, caressing it for a bit before putting my hands to myself. "I'm sorry for what happened between us, please forgive me." I lowered my head, wiping my tears away with my hand. "And I hope you're fine wherever you are right now." I weakly smiled as I finally let out the words I’ve been keeping for so long, the heavy feeling in my chest now gone.

 

"I have one more thing to tell you, Taeyeon-ah." I sighed. "There's this beautiful and kind girl I’ve been taking a liking for." I unconsciously smiled at the thought of her. "Her name is Yoona, although I just met her days ago at the bar, I like her so much. She's also my classmate in my English class and I lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter