048

7 Bangtan Princes

"Big news!" Jimin barged into Namjoon's home, surprising the both of us. Jimin ran over and waved at me, just as shocked to see me there as we were to see him here. "Oh, hey, Hana."

"What's the news?" Namjoon asked, standing up as he glanced carefully from me to Jimin. "Something urgent?" 

"Oh, ah..." He rubbed the back of his neck, looking around helplessly. "Just..." 

Before he could finish, my eyes trailed to see Yoongi walk in, his blonde hair tosselled around as if he were sleeping all day. The second his head lifted and our eyes met, we both froze. 

"Yoongi, it's been a while since we've seen you." Namjoon's voice sounded enthused but he knew this was the wrong time for Yoongi to come around. "Where have you been?"

"This and that." Yoongi answered with a low voice, our eyes still on each other before I pulled away and stood, gathering my jacket as I slipped it on.

"Sorry, Namjoon, we'll have to finish this conversation later." I stumbled over my words slightly, Namjoon putting a light hand on my shoulder. 

"Any time, Hana." He assured. 

"Thanks." I quickly dipped my head and hastily made my way around Yoongi and to the door. 

"Hana!" Yoongi called out and moved to come after me but Jimin pulled on his arm.

"Hyung... I don't think you should call after her." 

"Come, sit, you both have something to say. Don't let this be a distraction." Namjoon sighed, gathering the boys as I left the house, practically running out and to the bus stop. 

I didn't want to run, it made me look pathetic even though no one was really even watching. But it was the only way to keep me from turning around and looking at Yoongi just once more. 

Damn. I should've acted more collected than that... But how can I when I feel like I'm falling apart even still? 

I pulled out my phone and dialed for Hyejin, pleading she would pick up as I sat on the bench to wait for the bus, tapping my foot as the cold set in. 

She didn't pick up so I left a message and hung up, dialing my mother's phone. "Mom."

"What is it? I'm a bit busy, honey!" She spoke over Nova's barking and voices I didn't recognize. She must be with dad over a business dinner again.

"Never mind." I sighed, hanging up. 

The bus came and I stood up quickly, waiting for it to stop just as Yoongi showed up, halting just a few feet away from me and breathing heavily from running. Don't.

The bus came to a stop and I made a move to enter but he spoke, paralyzing my body. "Hana. I really... Can't take this anymore." 

I dared to look at him, his eyes red and his nose also red from the cold. He had left in such a hurry that his shoes were only half on and he didn't have a jacket. 

"I really can't." His voice stayed calm as his gaze was locked on me as if I was the only thing in the world. 

"Listen, I can't stand around all day." The bus driver sighed impatiently. 

I turned my eyes to him and nodded. "I'm sorry, just one second." I looked back over at Yoongi and smiled. "But you can. You wanted this too. Don't say I was the only one who wanted to leave when I was just the one who left first." 

"Hana..."

"We weren't even a thing, anyways." I chuckled, taking a step onto the bus and daring another glance at him. "Flings come and go. Just like I will. Except... I only want to go." With that, I forced myself on the bus and took a seat, peeking at him as he pulled at his hair in frustration. I'm sorry. 

The bus drove off and I tore my gaze from him as he remained rooted there, no hints of moving. 

Really... This is for the best. I'm leaving for good soon anyways... 

Going back to him now would be like shattering everything I've ever lived by these few days. 

He'll get over me. I don't know if I'll get over him. But he'll get over me. 

I'm sure of it.

--

"Chico~!" I chimmed happily as I patted his head, putting the grocery bag onto the counter. "I got you some more food and momma some more ramen!" 

Ramen was something I ate daily now. I didn't feel like cooking or going out, except to get ramen and food for Chico, but it was nice. I had enough money to get by for the last bit of the contract and to go away somewhere for a while, thanks to Yoongi's pay for the job I did for him. 

Chico barked excitedly as I dumped food into his bowl and within no time, his muzzle was burried in the kibble as he scarfed it down. "Atta boy." I smiled, patting his back before going into the living room and collapsing down on the couch. 

I made no move to turn on the TV but instead just sat there with a small smile on my face. I feel drained. But I also feel... Content. Everything is going to be fine. I'm going to be fine. Life goes on. 

My cell rang and I glanced at the ID. Namjoon. He probably just wants to apologize for earlier today. I don't want to hear it, really. But before I could pick up, someone entered my home and gathered my attention. 

"Hey." Hyejin smiled as she came into view. "Your place is a mess and so are you." 

I looked away and sighed. "Why are you here? Don't you hate me now?" 

"Of course not." Hyejin sighed as well, sitting down beside me. "I'm being a bit of a drama queen lately, right? Why haven't you kicked me for it yet?" 

I gave a small chuckle and gazed at her lazily. "Why haven't you kicked me yet, is the question. I'm rotting away these few days." 

"I knew someone was going to get hurt..." She mumbled, leaning back into my sofa. "Hyun Ki called me this morning cause he couldn't get a hold of you. He said you called your mom but said nothing so she called him."

"I turned my phone off."

"Yeah, he guessed that. Naturally, I got worried and came here."

"And here you are." I mumbled. "Hyun Ki will be here too, won't he?"

"Actually, no." She admitted. "He's a bit tied up right now."

"Right." I nodded, only slightly disappointed. 

"So... How much longer?"

"Not much." I answered, knowing exactly what she was asking. "But it's okay. I'm tired and all of this turned out to be pointless anyways, you know?" 

"I don't think so. I think you've changed and you've changed some of the boys as well." 

"Well, either way, I'm tired and I'm ready to throw in the white flag." 

"That's nothing like the Hana I know." She sighed once more, getting up. "Want some ramen?"

"Of course." 

"Alright." 

Yoongi should be eating well, right? He looked healthy when I saw him. Though unkept, but healthy. 

"Stop thinking." Hyejin snapped at me from the kitchen. "Turn on the TV and get lost in it." 

"Sure." I mumbled, ignoring her comment and dragging myself into my room. 

I glanced at the still wrapped box on my dresser from Taehyung. He told me not to open it until the contract was over. But I'm so curious. 

Just as I reached toward the box, my cellphone rang once more. Namjoon again. 

"Hello?" I answered anyways. 

"You didn't pick up before, are you busy?" 

"No, I'm not. I just got distracted." I moved away from the box and went back into the living room, patting Chico's back as he paced around me. "What's up?"

"I'm sorry to bring him up but..."

"If it's Yoongi, I don't want to hear it."

"But I think you do." 

"Why?" I sighed.

"His parents abandoned him."

"What's new?"

"For good." 

My heart dropped. "W-what?" 

"Hana, Yoongi was acting normal. That worries me the most." 

"They just... Dropped him? Like that?" 

"Yes, just like that."

I hung up on Namjoon and looked for Yoongi's mother's contact and called it immediately. 

"Hello?" She sounded surprised that I would be calling her. 

I bit my lip but I couldn't keep the words from spilling out. "Yah... How could you do something like that to your son?" 

"Excuse me? Yah?" She laughed slightly. "You aren't family anymore, my dear. I offered compensation." 

"I don't want anything from you!" I gave a ragged sigh. "How could you just drop your son like that?"

"A lot of thought went into this, dear." She sighed. "Do you think I'm happy not to have a son anymore?"

"Then why would you do it? This makes no sense."

"Family matters don't apply to you anymore, dear." She scolded. "Let's talk again on better terms, hm?"

She hung up on me quickly. "Yah..." I whined. "What am I supposed to do? Your son is hurting... But I can't go to him." I continued to whine into the empty phone line. "I can't... I can't help him. I can't even imagine what it feels like to be dropped by my family... What kind of person are you?" 

"Hana, she's not on anymore.." Hyejin tried to take my phone but I held it to my ear anyways. "Hana. Yoongi's matters aren't yours anymore." 

"Shut up!" I yowled, glaring at her as I clutched the phone. "Someone has to be with him.. If no one is with him.." 

"What? He's a human. He can deal with his own problems just like you do." She snatched the phone and slammed it down on the couch. "Get a hold of yourself, Hana. I'm sick of it, okay? I get that you're hurt. But this is his own problem. He hurt you, you're leaving anyways, just let him figure this out." 

"You don't understand ." I growled, grabbing my phone and my jacket.

"Where are you going?" She sighed, frowning as she watched me make my way to the door. "Ramen..." 

I ignored her and left the apartment, slipping on my shoes the rest of the way as I stormed down the stairs and took off to the bus stop. I can't go to him. But someone else can. 

--

Park Hyun Ki

"What the hell am I doing here?" I sighed to myself, knocking on Yoongi's door. "Hana has lost her mind, I swear..." 

The door opened quickly to reveal Yoongi's tired figure. "Hey, what a treat to see you here." 

"Can I come in?"

"Who sent you?" Yoongi leaned against the door frame and studied me over. 

"No one." I crossed my arms to my chest. "I just came to talk." 

"Last time we talked, you ruined me." He sighed, pushing himself off the frame and nodded slightly. "Make yourself at home then, I guess." 

I entered his house and slipped off my shoes, gazing around at the rather empty home. "Don't you decorate?"

"My walls are painted." He grunted, sitting on his couch and motioning for me to sit in the one across from him. "Sit." 

I did as I was told and looked him over. He just looks tired. But he doesn't look any different than the last time I saw him. Hana is worried for nothing.

"What do you want?" Yoongi asked, sighing once more. "I'm trying to forget about Hana but having her brother show up here and there isn't helping matters." 

"I feel like there are more things running through your mind than just my sister. She seems like the least of your worries."

"Don't put her at the bottom like that." Yoongi shook his head. "She's always the thought that hits first." 

I met Yoongi's tired gaze for a moment before he looked away, leaning into the back of his couch and focusing his gaze on his hands. 

"A sad story but a predictable fate. You all saw this coming." I mumbled. "Anyways, want to talk about some things? I can see how tired you are, it's evident." 

"I wasn't hiding it."

"So, what's up then?"

"I don't just opening talk about the in my life to people." Yoongi snickered, lifting his gaze to meet mine again. "Do you think I'm stupid? I know Hana sent you." 

"You know, so what? Aren't you honored she still worries about you?"

"She only cares because she heard something she shouldn't have." He smirked, casting a dirty look my direction. "That's it." 

"And if it is, so what? She still thought to send someone to make sure you aren't wallowing in despair on your own."

"Wow, that sounds rather fun right now." He grumbled. "Can you leave now?" 

"I guess." I stood, looking at him still. "Listen, if you need to talk to someone. Do it. Don't stay silenced forever, okay? Even men need to talk about their feelings here and there. No, we don't have to go get a pedi together and cry with a bunch of wine and messy hair. But just a couple of soju bottles in a bar would do fine, don't you think?"

"Shut up." He laughed, kicking my behind slightly. "Get out before I take you up on that."

"Alright, I'm going." I chuckled, exiting the house just as quickly as I came. 

Too bad. I feel like we could become great companions. 

--

Park Hana

"How'd it go?" I asked eagerly through the phone, paying no attention to the computer in front of me anymore. 

"He seems fine to me. He just looks tired and hurt. But other than that, he looks completely normal." 

"He could be hiding it."

"And if he is, so what?" Hyun Ki sighed. "He looks fine and he has friends to lean on if he needs it. He knew that you sent me so don't ever send me again, okay?" 

"Fine." I sighed as well, embarrassment flooding over me. "I'll stop caring about him now."

"Sure, whatever. I'll believe it when you do it." 

I hung up and stared at the monitor, turning it off quickly and exiting the library. I guess I just worry too much. 

Still. I'd rather be sure than unsure. With his mentality... Sure is always the best. 

I thought a while as I waited for the bus before boarding and taking it straight to the stop near Taehyung's house. But when I arrived and got to his house, I only found it empty with no trace of him having been around for a while. 

Where did he go? I guess I'll just wait... 

So I parked myself outside his house and sat down, burying my hands into my jacket and pulling my hood over as I waited. It really didn't make much sense for me to wait since he could be gone all day or even all night. But I didn't have much else to do and I felt like the cold had a chance of numbing all the feelings and thoughts going around in my head. 

I had hoped anyways. But after just an hour or so of sitting there, I decided to get up and make my way back to the bus stop, completely defeated. I wonder if he's with one of the boys right now. 

As long as it isn't Daeyoung, I guess.

Boarding the bus, I scanned my card and answered my phone as I sat somewhere in the middle. "Hello?"

"Hey Hana, are you ever going to come back home?" Hyejin sighed. "I ate the ramen since I didn't want it to get soggy. But I can make you some more. I'm sorry I yelled at you earlier.. I know things are hard right now with you but I really do want to help numb it as much as I can." 

I rested my head against the cold, fogged window and smiled. "I'm sorry too, Hyejin-ah... I was worried over someone I really shouldn't be and I even sent Hyun Ki over to check on him. I should've known he would be fine and me sending someone over as obvious as Hyun Ki is really embarrassing... I can't believe I yelled at his mom, too... I guess I'm just dumb."

"You were hurt and shocked so you didn't think your actions through. I'm sure everyone is like that when things go bad." 

"You're always more understanding over the phone." I chuckled slightly. "But when I come home, you're going to hit me, right?"

"Of course." She chuckled as well. "I just want to be close with you again and spend all the time I can with you. I miss being your only friend."

"Gee, thanks." 

"Of course I'm only slightly kidding." 

"I'll be home soon, I'm on the bus afterall." 

"Where did you go, by the way?" 

"Well I went to Hyun Ki's house first and then I went to the library and looked some things up." I mumbled, yawning before I continued, "and then I tried visiting Taehyung but he wasn't home."

"Tch, Taehyung first, huh?"

"Yah, Kim Taehyung to you." 

"He ain't listening." 

"I am." I giggled again. "I'll let you go as I'll be home soon." 

"I'll start making ramen so you better actually come home."

"Of course. I miss being close to you too... I don't want to put anyone over you anymore." 

"Gee, thanks."

"You're my top priority." I kissed the phone and then hung up, shoving my phone and my hands deep into my jacket pocket. 

Hyejin is being so patient today. I wonder what sparked her to change so rapidly.

But whatever, I've learned not to look too deep into rapid changes because they tend to happen often around me. 

Now if only I could stop thinking of Yoongi and just enjoy my ramen with Hyejin tonight, then all will be well. 

 

A little chapter to patch the bond between the two. Thanks for reading as always! (:  ~PandaBiscuit~