025

7 Bangtan Princes

Kim Taehyung

 

"Why aren't you eating your ice cream?" Dae Young asked, sharply. "I bought it for you." 

"Why are you so pushy?" I lazily moved my gaze to meet hers. "I'll eat when I want to." 

"Should I just leave then? I took time out of my day to meet with you like you wanted." 

"I didn't want this, you called me out." 

"You texted first, isn't that an indication." She batted her eyes a bit and then smirked. "So are you going to eat it or not?"

I stared at the ice cream and sighed. She's so controlling. I try hard not to be persuaded by her but it fails in the end. I spooned a bit of ice cream into my mouth and stared at her with frustration, my jaw stiff due to trying to keep my rude remarks to myself. 

"Can we talk about something intelligent?" I asked. 

"Like what?" She smiled as if nothing was wrong.

"I want you to stop calling me out. I also want you to just focus on your finacè. You shouldn't be going on dates with someone else when you're soon to be married. And stop bringing your sister back to me. Soo Young needs to be left alone and she needs to be away from me. Can't you do this?"

"What if I break the engagement?" 

"Excuse me?" 

"I want to get back together with you." She pouted a bit. "Unless you want to just settle with a secret affair." 

"I have a fiancèe."

"A fake one, honey. She doesn't care about you." Dae Young laughed a bit. "Silly Taehyung... You can't mistake kindness for love." 

My fists clenched under the table. Anger was boiling inside me but my voice was calmer than ever. "Dae Young. Lee Dae Young. I'm not going to do this with you anymore. You're manipulative and rude and you're engaged. I want nothing to do with you anymore."

"You've told me many times but yet here you are.." She lost her smile a bit, her eyes growing dull once more. "I still love you, Taehyung. I don't want you to lose me."

"You don't want me to lose you..." I repeated, amusement hinting in my tone. "You're trying to guilt trip me again and I'm not having it. You don't love me. You never did." 

"Tae Tae..." 

"Stop." I stood up, stiffening my jaw again. "I've had it with you."

"Taehyung! You're embarrassing me!" She hissed as people stared at the two of us, both now standing and arguing. 

"Do I care?" I laughed a little. 

"I do. I care about you. I just want us to work out." She came closer, dangerously close, and smiled. "I love you. I'll break my engagement for you. Only you."

Don't be wavered Taehyung. You don't even like her anymore. You like Hana. Hana is much better than Dae Young, even if you can never have Hana, you're better off alone.

"I love you, Taehyung. I'm sorry I was so mean to you, I really only want you, honestly. No one else matters. I'll change. I really will." She pleaded, a tear streaking down her cheek. She's faking. This is how she controls me. Don't fall for it.

She leaned in to kiss me but I turned my head and backed up, hesitating a bit. "Liar. You're nothing but lies." I spoke quietly. 

"I'm not lying, Taehyung.." She huffed. "When did you grow to be like this towards me?"

"When I realized how people are supposed to treat others." I spat. "Our relationship was nothing short of an abusive relationship. Even now. But now I know what it is like to be in a healthy relationship and I won't fall for this anymore." 

"Ta--"

"I'm leaving." I snatched my phone from the table, slipped on my jacket, and stormed out of the ice cream parlor and into the chilly air. 

"Taehyung!" She yowled, pulling on my arm. "Stop this!" 

I yanked my arm away from her and glared at her. "You stop this. Marry the guy you've been cheating on me with for our entire relationship. Take Soo Young with you. Move to a new ing country like you were supposed to do." 

"I stayed for you."

"Then go for me." 

"How can you tell me this?"

"Because I hate you. No, I despise you. You've made my life hell and I'm finally going to change that. I'm turning the tables now. I won't fall for your stupid tricks and mind games anymore." 

"I'm not tricking y--"

"I won't see you again. I'm blocking your number." I warned, taking off towards my car, fully aware of her trailing me desperately. 

It's all an act. Don't turn around. 

I got into the car and started it quickly, locking the doors and watching as she came over to my side, knocking on the window.

"Taehyung! Don't do this! I need you!" 

Don't fall for it. Drive off. 

I put my car into drive and sped off. 

Keep driving. 

She's nothing but a liar.

I glanced in the rearview mirror and saw her just standing there, watching as I drove off. She doesn't care. 

Slamming my hands on the wheel, I tore my eyes from the mirror. Keep driving Taehyung.

I forced myself to drive and subconsciously ended up parked at Hana's apartment.

Hana didn't do much... But me liking her was enough for me to stand up to Dae Young. I doubt that'll be the last time I see Dae Young... But it is the first time I truly stood up to her and left her... 

I pulled out my phone and hovered over Dae Young's contact. I tried many times to delete it, to block it, anything, but I couldn't do it and ended up letting my phone fall into the other seat and my head onto the wheel.

I closed my eyes tightly with frustration and wrapped my arms around the wheel a bit. 

Good job Taehyung. You stood up to her. You left her. 

Liking someone new helped me. 

Isn't that pathetic? That I have to like someone to get away from something that was painful? 

Who cares. 

I did it once. I can do it again. And again. And whenever I need to. 

I jumped and screamed a little when someone knocked on my window, glancing up with wide eyes to see Hana peering into my car with a quizzical expression.

I already forgot where I was.

What do I say?

I don't want to look pitiful to her again.. 

Do I play it nice? 

I don't know...

She knocked again when I didn't move. Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I rolled down the window.

"Taehyung, what are you doing here? Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine." I snapped. Why did I do that? Why am I automatically rude to her? I can't even stop myself anymore... 

"Okay.. Well you're parked in front of my apartments so in my defense, it would've been rude to ignore you."

I know that. I'm glad you didn't. I'm sorry, I'm a jerk. "Whatever." I sighed. "I'm going."

"Don't you want to come inside? I feel like you want to talk about some things."

"I'm going." I repeated, a bit more firmly.

She opened to protest but her phone rang. "Hello? ... Ah, yes, let me go get some paper to write down the details." She frowned at me, waved, and then hurried to her apartment.

You should've asked me once more.. I would've came in.. 

I shook my head and drove off, heading home. 

Dae Young will soon become nonexistent to me. 

I hope.

--

"Taehyung, you need to stop." Hoseok snapped as I let him into my house.

I rubbed my eyes, just waking up from a stress-induced nap. "Why are you here? What do I need to stop?" 

"You need to stop meeting with Dae Young!" 

"How did you even find out?" I gave him a dirty look.

He gave me the 'are-you-stupid' look and sighed. "She's no good for you!" 

"I know."

"Then why did you do it?"

"I ditched her anyways." 

Hoseok looked rather surprised. "Really?"

"Yeah. Did you come here to beat me up about it again?" I snickered.

Hoseok glared at me a moment longer. "So are you going to move?" 

"You still want me to move away?" I couldn't help but laugh. "Why? Because of Hana?"

"This has nothing to do with Hana!" Hoseok yowled with frustration. "Why does this keep going back to her?"

"Then why should I move?" 

"You need to get away from Dae Young and Soo Young."

"I can do that without moving."

"You've shown that you can't though, Taehyung." Hoseok argued in returned.

"It is none of your concern."

"It is my concern. You're someone I care about."

"Oh really?" I laughed again. "Is that why you take it upon yourself to scold me all the time?" 

"You need it! You're a rude person now and you weren't before." 

I sighed and glanced around. "Well, it doesn't matter. In the end, I'm the loser between us so I'll be favored." 

"Why do you always turn this into a competition?" Hoseok sighed as well. "I just want to help you. There is no winning or losing." 

"It'll always be a competition between us, Hoseok." I smirked a bit. "It's what happens when two guys like the same girl." 

Hoseok hesitated. "No, it's not, Taehyung. You got rejected already."

"Are you confident that she likes you then?" I titled my head, mockingly. "I don't think she does."

"I didn't say anything about anything." 

"Anyways." I decided to move on before the argument worsened. But I wasn't done mocking him. "Did you hear about Kyu?" 

"What about Kyu?" 

"He's been trailing Hana." I bit my lip a bit. "Yoongi told me." 

"Kyu is?" 

"Yeah. Fix it." 

"Why would he trail Hana? He's rude but he wouldn't do that."

"Do you not believe me then?"

"Of course I don't." 

"Fine." I shrugged. "Can you leave?"

"Taehyung, I think we should put things behind us now."

"Why? So Hana will be comfortable talking to you again? You got hurt and pushed her away because she chose me. How will you explain without confessing, hm? You just want Hana to come back to you." 

"In a way, you aren't wrong. But I honestly believe we should just go back to how things were before. You are a treasured friend of mine."

"Was." I corrected him. "What we are now, does not qualify as friendship. I'm going to ask once more, can you leave? I'm tired of being scolded by you." 

Hoseok stared at him a while longer and then stormed out, slamming the door behind him.

"Don't worry hyung.. Hana will never choose me over you again. She regretted it, I could see it all over her face." I mumbled to myself. "Be your happy self again and things will set into place with her." 

"If you care so much about Hobi hyung, then why do you go out of your way to piss him off?" Jungkook yawned. 

I whipped around and stared at him. When the hell did he get here? "What the hell Jungkook!" 

"What? I came in when you were sleeping. You even waved to me." Jungkook laughed a bit. "Seriously though, why must you hate Hobi? He isn't doing anything to win over Hana or try and get Hana to love him. He's just being there as a friend because he knows that in the end, they got to separate anyways. Why couldn't you do that as well instead of hurting Hana?"

I rolled my eyes. Because I'm wreckless and immature. "What did you come over here to talk about?" 

"Well, nothing really." Jungkook rubbed his head. "I settled the car accident thing and got my head checked out. But I assume you forgot about that anyways." 

"Sorry."

"You got so much going on." Jungkook mocked a bit and slipped on his shoes. "I'm going to my mom's house. See you later." 

"Are you actually coming back later?" I asked him as he was half way out the door. 

He thought a moment. "Probably not. I think I might stay with Yoongi hyung tonight. His mood as been pretty low lately, after all."

I watched Jungkook leave before moving back to the couch, sitting down with a sigh. 

With one big step in the right direction... Comes 4 big steps in the wrong direction. This endless game is exhausting. 

I just want it all to stop.

--

"Jungkook is out with Soo Young." Jimin announced as I met up with him, Namjoon, and Jin at Jin's house. 

"But don't you like Soo Young?" Namjoon asked.

"Yup." Jimin sighed, shrugging. "But what can I do?" 

Jin brought us orange juice and sat down beside Namjoon. "I'm so tired of my parents asking for Hana. Every day I get a call like 'where's Hana? I wanna talk to my daughter-in-law. Where is she? Why is she always out?' and so on and so forth." 

Jimin and Namjoon laughed a bit. "My parents just kind of let it go." Namjoon admitted. "They want us to take things at our own pace but they'll be disappointed when it is broken off."

"Same." Jimin added after sipping his orange juice. "I might actually get murdered by mine." 

"That's only because you can't find women you actually like." Jin mocked. "Even in high school, all your relationships only lasted a few months." 

"Shut up." Jimin laughed, prodding my shoulder. "What about your parents?"

"They don't care." I answered bluntly. 

"Fight with Hana? Hobi? Dae Young?" Namjoon sighed. "Or just grumpy?"

I shrugged lazily. "Who cares?"

"And that answer, my friends, means all of the above." Jin laughed. "Stop fighting with people and just be your old self Taehyung."

They always tell me to be my old self. But how? I've lost my old self so long ago. This is me.. Can't they accept me this way?

Of course not. I'm a rude, heartless jerk. 

But they could still try and be a bit supporting... The only supporting one I seem to have is Hoseok and even then all he does is nag and scold and fight with me. 

"What is this gathering even for?" I asked, crossing my arms. 

"Just to talk." Namjoon answered flatly in return, clearly not amused with my behavior. "Leave if you want to. Jungkook, Hobi, and Yoongi were all invited but they clearly were busy. We'll pretend you weren't here to ruin the mood if you leave."

That hurt. But he's true. I just ruin things.

I gave a small, curt nod and shoved myself off the couch, leaving Jin's house just as quickly as I had come. 

They invite me places to do things like normal but I always end up being sent away or get made clear that they don't want me there. 

I don't understand... 

I'm afraid to lose them...

They're my only friends. 

--

GROUPCHAT

Me: How was the date, Jungkook?

Yoongi: Jungkook went on a date?

Jimin: Yeah. He's getting over his fear of girls ahahhaha

Jungkook: Tch

Jimin: It's cause of Hana. He realized how fun women could be and opened up. 

Jungkook: Yeah sure whatever. 

Me: Okay thank you Jungkook, glad it went well

Jungkook: Oh, sorry, I forgot to tell you.

Jungkook: Just like how you forgot about me going to the hospital for getting in a car accident.

Jimin: Oh damn..

Jin: Roasted..

Namjoon: Sheesh.

Hoseok: Figures he'd forget.

Yoongi: ... 

Jimin: Okay well.. Now that Jungkook has everything in his life back in place.. Should we all get together and play basketball?

Jungkook: Not if Taehyung's there

Hoseok: Not if Taehyung's there

Jungkook: haha we sent it at the same time

Hoseok: (; 

Namjoon: Guys you shouldn't exclude Taehyung

Me: No, it's fine, I didn't really want to go anyways.

Jin: Okay then let us do it! Meet at the gym?

Yoongi: I'm not going 

Namjoon: Why not? You're good at basketball

Yoongi: Tired

Jimin: Sleep then! We'll take you next time

Jin: But now we have uneven teams! Taehyung, just come along.

Hoseok: Then I'm out

Jungkook: Same

Me: I won't go, god. I hate you all too.

Jungkook: Good

Hoseok removed Taehyung from the groupchat.

 

Taehyung is grumpy and mean to Hana because that's all he receives from the boys. But does he deserve it since he's rude in return? Hmm.... Thanks for reading! I really do enjoy these little POV chapters though... They're fun! ~PandaBiscuit~