001

7 Bangtan Princes

What happened last night? My head is pounding... I sat up slowly, holding my head and glancing around. I'm in my room... Did I go somewhere? Yes... Yes I did. I went out with Hyejin last night. But I can't remember anything besides that. 

Dragging myself out of bed, I stumbled over to my phone and picked it off the wooden floor. No new messages. Normal. 

To: Hyejin

What happened last night? I always remember, this isn't normal. 

After sending the text, I jumped into the shower for a good long while and returned to it in a towel. Still nothing. What is Hyejin doing now? I called her a few times but she didn't answer so I gave up and plugged my phone into its charger. It's not even noon so she could still be sleeping. 

I slipped into a pair of pale blue jeans and a baggy sweater and went back into the bathroom to try and comb the mess that was my hair. Once that was done, I slipped into a pair of flats, grabbed my purse, and left the apartment. I need to get some Miso soup. 

I exited the apartment complex and was greeted with a cold breeze. Probably should've worn something heavier... But the shop is only a block away so I should be fine.

Crossing my arms to my chest, I made my way down the sidewalk. What could've happened last night? I always remember what we do no matter how much I drink. It's odd. 

I felt around for my phone but froze, biting my lip. I put it on the charger. Hopefully Hyejin doesn't call until I get back. 

After walking for a while, I reached the small little Japanese restaurant I was aiming for and seated myself towards the window. The waitress came by with a glass of water, took my order, and was off again, leaving me to watch people pass outside the window. 

I lived in the big city of Seoul for two reasons. One: I loved city life. Two: More selections of food. I basically dedicate my life around the food I eat, as silly as it sounds. 

My eyes wandered to a well-built figure, his back to me. He looks like he'd be good looking, judging from his build. Turn around. Almost as if he had heard me, he turned around and his eyes connected with mine for a brief moment before looking around once more. Dark brown eyes, thin but sharp jawline, light brown hair with small streaks of blonde mixed in to brighten the brown color, plump pink lips, and a somewhat large nose. Handsome indeed... He looks like a casual person. White t-shirt, pale blue jeans, and a pair of Timberlands. Seems casual for sure. He looks like he's trying to call someone. Who'd ignore his calls? 

I must've been staring too long because his eyes found mine again and he gave a rather small smile, his cheeks flushing a little. Shoot, I was caught. I returned the smile and waved slightly, looking away immediately afterwards as my soup arrived. I dug into the soup rather carelessly and burned the roof of my mouth. Squinting a little with pain, I looked up and made eye contact with the same man from outside. 

"...Do you know me?" I cleared my throat and spoke first. 

He hesitated a moment and sat down a crossed from me. "Do you know me? You were looking at me like you had something to say." He spoke, fumbling a bit over his words. 

"I don't know you." I couldn't help but chuckle. "Can't talk to girls or something? You looked charismatic out there but hearing you talk made that look vanish." 

He sighed, stood, and bowed his head. "I thought you knew me, I apologize for confronting you so suddenly." 

And just like that he was off without another word. Shoot, I didn't even get his name. He looked a bit young, but not too young. Maybe 20? Who knows, he's gone now. 

I finished my soup quickly, downed the water, and got up to pay for the bill at the counter. And there goes the rest of that paycheck. Bowing slightly, I left the restaurant and was confronted by the man again, his eyes squinting a bit. 

"Are you sure you don't know me?" He was still a little hesitant but he seemed a bit more confident now. 

"I'm sure." I nodded. "Or are you just doing this to hit on me?" 

His face grew red once more and he backed up a little bit. "You're very straight forward. But, no, I'm not." 

"Sure." I chuckled once more. 

He bowed once more. "I apologize again." And he was off once more, going the opposite direction I came. 

He was so hitting on me. Who asks the same question twice otherwise? He needs new pickup lines. Now I know why no one answers his calls. 

Straightening out my sweater, I began my walk back to my apartment, the headache easing slightly. 

I arrived at my apartment and entered quickly, hurrying to my phone to see 2 missed calls and 4 text messages. Hyejin, I knew it. Of course you'd call while I was away. 

I opened up my phone only to see it wasn't her. Who are these people? I've never had these types of contacts in my phone before... I opened up the text messages first, curiousity beating me in the end.

From: Husband 7

We signed the contract, let's meet. I have yet to see your face.

From: Husband 7

Are you ignoring me? I promise this contract will be over before you know it. 

From: Husband 1

Let's meet and get started on my first task.

From: Husband 1

You agreed to this. 

"Husband?" I wrinkled my nose at the texts. "This must be spam messages or something. Who'd fall for these?" 

The calls were apparently from "husband 7" as well. Spam messages call as well, don't they? 

I put the phone back down and dropped my purse onto my bed. But I wasn't even a foot out my bedroom door until my phone rang again. These spam calls... 

I answered quickly and waited for the recorded message to play but to my surprise, it was an actual person.

"Hello? Is this Hana? Ah, sorry, Park Hana? I assume we aren't close enough for first names only even though we're engaged." 

"Engaged?" I laughed a little, the voice sounding only slightly familiar but I couldn't tell for sure since everyone sounds different over the phone anyways. "I would say you have the wrong number but that is my name." 

"You signed a contract with me last night, don't you remember?" 

"Last night? I don't remember anything like that." I took a seat on my bed and unplugged the phone from the charger. "Who are you? I don't believe in scams so you might want to end this now." 

He laughed. "I'm not scamming you nor lying. I have proof. I sent someone to you last night and they read over the conditions to you and had you sign it, don't you remember? I have proof, I can take a picture and send it over text." 

I rubbed the back of my neck with frustration. I can't even tell if he's lying because I can't even remember what happened last night. "I'm hanging up. I don't care for proof because I know I didn't sign a contract." 

"Wait." He spoke quickly. "I'm Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook. Does the name ring a bell?" 

"Not one bell." I hung up. "What the hell kind of scam is this?" It is a scam... Right? 

Not even a moment delayed, I was texted by "husband 7" again. 

From: Husband 7

Here's proof of our contract. That's your signature and that's mine. Believe me now? 

*attachment* 

I called him back quickly. "This is for real?" 

"Yes." He sighed. "How can you not remember? You clearly signed it, no one other than you." 

"Okay, say I did sign it--"

"You did." 

"What else did I do last night?" 

"I don't know much about what you did on your freetime but you signed my contract and 6 others, all in which had you agree to be engaged to all 7 of us." 

"SEVEN?" I screeched. 

"Ow." 

"7 of you? I'm 'engaged' to 7 of you?" 

"Well, yeah. We all have things that need to be accomplished by you and you agreed." 

"Okay, say I did this--"

"You did."

"Can you stop this?" I growled.

"Sorry." 

"So... Why me? How'd you get my contact information and why'd you seek me out?" 

"Ah, we met with a girl named Lee Hyejin a few weeks ago. We were going to ask her to sign but she mentioned you so we went and did some research on you and figured you'd be perfect for our tasks. Read over the contract again, you're only engaged to us for 6 months with no feelings attached. We just needed someone to accomplish some things for us that we couldn't do on our own."

"That sounds stupid." I laughed without meaning to. "Can we meet then? I want to see this contract with my own eyes." 

"I was hoping you'd say that. I don't even know what you look like for sure since all your photos are with other people in them or edited." 

"Edited my ." I grumbled, hanging up. 

To: Husband 7

Where do you want to meet? 

To: Husband 1

What's your name? I want proof of this contract as well. 

From: Husband 7

How about a cafe somewhere? 

To: Husband 7

Sure, I live about a block away from a Japanese restaurant. Meet there? 

From: Husband 7

I'm actually here already, funny you mentioned it. See you then.

From: Husband 1

Who am I? Don't you have my name in your contacts? 

To: Husband 1

Sure, Husband 1, I have your name. 

From: Husband 1 

Husband 1? How careless of you. It's Min Yoongi. 

To: Husband 1

Min Yoongi it is. Where should we meet?

From: Husband 1

Your place.

To: Husband 1

Whoa, slow down. Like hell I'm inviting a stranger into my home.

I changed the name "Husband 1" to Min Yoongi and "Husband 7" to Jeon Jungkook and began walking back to the Japanese restaurant. 

From: Min Yoongi

Okay, then where? 

To: Min Yoongi

Do you know any Japanese restaurants around Seoul, assuming you live in Seoul. 

From: Min Yoongi

Yeah, I know one over on ______ street.

To: Min Yoongi

That's the one. Meet me there in an hour. I'm meeting with Jeon Jungkook first.

When he didn't reply, I approached the small shop once more and entered quickly. 

To: Jeon Jungkook

I'm here. Stand up, there's quite a few males in here. 

I glanced around and saw the man I saw earlier in the Timberlands stand up and look around. No way... I approached him and gave a smirk. "I believe I know you now, Jeon Jungkook." 

He gave a rather shy smile and nodded. "This time I know you as well, Park Hana." 

We sat down a crossed from each other and watched as he pulled out the contract from his pocket, unfolding it. "You sure keep things looking neat." I spoke sarcastically, looking it over with narrowed eyes. 

"How can you not remember?" He gave me an odd look when I finished reading it, putting my hands to my temples as it ached again. What have I done? This is for sure a real contract... "Does your head hurt?" 

"Yes, severely." I sighed, pushing the contract back towards him. "So... We're engaged because of this contract, right? And the other 6 have the same contract? Where's mine?" 

"You ask a lot of questions." He gave a cheeky smile, folding it back up, and putting it into his pocket. "You were given a copy as well. Did you lose it?" 

"Apparently." 

"I can give you another one some other time." He glanced around nervously.

"You really can't hold conversation well." I chuckled. "So you mentioned something about tasks to complete within 6 months. What are those?"

"Well each of us have different tasks but they hold their own importance to them." He began speaking quietly. "We each have 3 major tasks, with the addition of normal tasks couples do so that we look like a real couple." 

"Okay so what are your tasks?" 

"My first task is for you to meet my parents as my fiancee." 

"Why is that so important?" 

"My mother is ill and doesn't have long." He frowned. "She wanted me to have a wife before she passed but having a fiancee would be the same thing to her." 

"So these tasks are small like that?" 

"Most of them, yes. Personal reasons are tasks. But a few other tasks for the others are a bit more serious and require more time. I don't have any major time inducing ones so I guess I'm your relief." He bit his lower lip. We have the same habit of biting our lips when we encounter something difficult to explain. "But mine, like I said, are all personal reasons like the first so no worries." 

"You say no worries yet I'm the one engaged to 7 strangers." I put my head down on the table with a long sigh. "My head hurts." 

"Do you want me to get you something nearby?" He hesitated. 

"No. It's just a hangover."

"Ah," He chuckled, "so you signed a contract in a drunken state? That's smart." 

"Right?" I picked my head up when my phone rang. "Husband 2 is calling me, I wonder who that is." I mumbled to Jungkook as I answered it. "Hello?" 

"Park Hana? Can we meet? I'd like to see your face."

I gave a weak smile and glanced out the window. "So all 7 of you want to meet me at the same time... Who are you?" 

"Isn't my name obvious?"

"You're labeled as husband 2, yes, it's dumb." 

"Kim Namjoon." 

"Oh, cool. You know the Japanese restaurant on ______ street?" 

"Yeah, I'll meet you there."

"Smart. See you in an hour." 

He hung up first this time and I placed my phone on the table. "I'm already exhausted." 

Jungkook looked around awkwardly. "As expected. Who else are you meeting besides Namjoon and myself?" 

"You must be close with the other guys if you call them by their first name so casually." 

"We're all childhood friends."

"You would be." I nodded slowly. "I'm meeting with Min Yoongi as well." 

"He's a rough guy on the outside." Jungkook smiled a little once more. "Don't let him scare you." 

"As if. I scare myself more than others scare me." 

"I can see why, making careless agreements." A voice sounded behind me and I turned quickly to see a short-ish man with bright blonde hair, small eyes, and a slighly chubbied face even though he was far from chubby. He took his seat beside Jungkook and looked me over. "Min Yoongi."

"Ah." I nodded again. "You're early." 

"I'm busy when you wanted me." He shrugged. "This is what you look like? Not too bad." 

I flushed a little and looked out the window. "So we got one that can't talk to girls and one that talks very bluntly." I looked at them again. "At least there is varied personalities. I'd get bored if you all were the same." 

Jungkook hung his head a little and Yoongi lifted his lips into a thin smirk. "You're very blunt as well." 

"Seems so." I smirked too. "What is your first task?" 

"You'll find out eventually. Now isn't the time, don't you think?" He glanced at Jungkook. "Tell Hoseok and Jimin that I'll be late to the family gathering today. I have some things to take care of." And with that, he gave me one last glance and left. 

"He left quickly." I was a little shocked but relieved nontheless. 

"He comes and goes." Jungkook agreed. "He's probably just going to go lock himself up somewhere and play his piano. He's got a lot of thoughts and he plays piano to relieve them." 

"So like a safe full of money? Hard to crack but once you do, you're set for life." 

"Sure, I guess. His thoughts are more of a danger to himself than to others though."

"Oh, interesting." I tapped on the table. "Well I've met you, fairly longer than Yoongi, and I'm about to meet Namjoon. Who are the others?" 

"Well, there's Hoseok and Jimin, they're fun people to be around, especially Hoseok. Then there is Taehyung. He's real weird." Jungkook laughed a little. "You'll find him interesting. Then there is Seokjin, but we all just call him Jin. He loves food more than himself." 

"Same though." I smiled. "Finally, one I can relate with. What are their full names? I'm not close enough to call them by first names." 

"Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, and Kim Seokjin." 

"A lot of Kims." 

"Yeah, sure." 

"You can go, you know." I nodded towards the door.

"Ah, can I?" He looked a little embarrassed as he realized I said that because I wanted him to leave. He stood. "We'll be meeting again in the future, soon." 

I nodded and watch him leave the restaurant and head the way I saw him go when I first met him. I wonder why he came back to this place before I suggested it after leaving the first time. Strange. 

I sat around for a good hour and a half before I recieved a text from Husband 2, in which I changed to Kim Namjoon.

From: Kim Namjoon

I'm here. 

I stood up and glanced at him as I saw him walk towards me. Blue-ish white hair, dark and narrow eyes, a small-ish nose, and a rather large mouth. Blue hair? Is he going for an idol look? Well, he's handsome nonetheless. Actually, the three I've met are all handsome.

He sat where Jungkook had sat and gave a smile, revealing his dimples. Aw, cute. "Park Hana, I assume you've been recieving introductions all day today?" 

"Basically." I nodded. "So are you a mean guy or a shy guy?" 

"A smart guy?" He chuckled. "You must've met Jeon Jungkook and Min Yoongi."

"Nailed it. You live up to your label." I relaxed. "You're easier to talk to than the rest." 

"Thanks?" He glanced out the window a moment and then back at you. "How old are you?" 

"22." I gave him an odd look. "Jeon Jungkook said you guys did a check up on me, shouldn't you know this." 

"I wanted to see if you'd lie. You passed." 

"Strange." I sighed, shaking my head. "Tell me the ages of all 7 please. I'm curious too." 

"I'm 23. Yoongi is 24, Hoseok is 23, Seokjin is 25, Taehyung is 22, Jimin is 22, and Jungkook is 20."

"At least you're all legal." 

He chuckled again. "Anything else you want to know?" 

"What's your first task for me?" 

He nodded. "I expected you'd ask. My first task is simple but I will tell you later. I'm sure you have lots to process anyways."

"Smart, easy to talk with, and considerate. I like you so far." I mocked him a little. 

He caught on to that quickly and waggled his index finger at me. "Mockery isn't allowed." 

"Liar." I crossed my arms. "I read the contract." 

He laughed. "I wasn't serious. I was kidding." 

"Sure. So what's up with the hair?" 

"What? Can't I dye my hair whatever I want? Yoongi isn't a natural blonde, I hope you realize." 

"Duh, but it's a somewhat normal color. Why is yours blue and white?" 

"I like it." He stood. "I have somewhere else to be. I'll meet with you again soon." 

"Sweet, and you talk fast." 

He gave another smile and took off just as quickly as he came. 

I dropped my head with a thud to the table and groaned with both physical and mental pain. What did I get myself into? Engaged to 7 guys? How crazy does one have to be to agree to that? I would think even a drunk person would know better than to sign a contract as stupid as that! 

I closed my eyes and let out sigh.

6 months... And most of the tasks, according to Jungkook, aren't that bad. 

I can do 6 months. It'll go by in a breeze, I bet. 

Just 6 months, at least it isn't a year. 

I lifted my head as my phone rang.

"Husband 4. I wish they went in order at least." I spoke to myself as I answered it. 

I wonder who this one is. 

 

 

First chapter of my new fan fiction... Sweet. I look forward to this FF ;) ~PandaBiscuit~